S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Seat Rails

Old 08-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Rails

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can educated me about aftermarket seat rails like super low max position, low position and regular position with aftermarket seats. I'm planing to put bucket seat for my S2000 and my Integra. Here are my questions:
1) which one is the most common use seat rails? super low, low or regular?
2) what is meaning of super low, low, and regular in seat rails?
3) Can you adjust the height for all?
4) What the benefit between the 3?

Thank you for your help!!

p.s. I weight 130 lbs and 5'9
Old 08-24-2011, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by niahuynh
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can educated me about aftermarket seat rails like super low max position, low position and regular position with aftermarket seats. I'm planing to put bucket seat for my S2000 and my Integra. Here are my questions:

First you have to know what you are trying to accomplish. Does your head stick up too much with a helmet on, like over a roll bar? Just trying to get a better road feel? I don't think you are too tall so obviously not trying to go as low as someone over 6ft. Have to know also which seat you are going to buy. That will definately narrow down your choices. Then shop the brands based on the specs(seat, desired head height). Each manufacturer uses different terminology, there is no standard. Try to buy used rails, they are for sale all the time. You can also have custom rails made up by Wedge Engineering to your exact specs. Hard to help until you know your exact goals, seats etc.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by benb
Originally Posted by niahuynh' timestamp='1314154474' post='20907436
Hi Everyone,

First you have to know what you are trying to accomplish. Does your head stick up too much with a helmet on, like over a roll bar? Just trying to get a better road feel? I don't think you are too tall so obviously not trying to go as low as someone over 6ft. Have to know also which seat you are going to buy. That will definately narrow down your choices. Then shop the brands based on the specs(seat, desired head height). Each manufacturer uses different terminology, there is no standard. Try to buy used rails, they are for sale all the time. You can also have custom rails made up by Wedge Engineering to your exact specs. Hard to help until you know your exact goals, seats etc.

Thank you for your input. I'm thinking going for Bride Exas III bucket seat both for my Integra and S2000. So just to clarify low seat rails are for taller people? How about low max seat, is it the same way?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by niahuynh
Originally Posted by benb' timestamp='1314244815' post='20911354
[quote name='niahuynh' timestamp='1314154474' post='20907436']
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your input. I'm thinking going for Bride Exas III bucket seat both for my Integra and S2000. So just to clarify low seat rails are for taller people? How about low max seat, is it the same way?
[/quote]

As I said above people choose lower seats for different reasons. Safety for instance for track/racing as you don't want your head (with helmet) above your roll over protection. Other people, like me, just wanted a little better road feel a personal preference for my legs in relation to the pedals and cockpit. So no, low seats/rails are not just for tall people (i'm 5'7"). At 5'9" you are probably not too worried about helmet height though.

So great seat, I have Brides, best seat manufacturer IMHO. Exas, very low seat to begin with. Why? A couple of reasons. 1 the seat is formed so that the attachment points are on the sides so that you can mount the seat as low as the rail allows, almost all the way to the floor pan depending on the rail. 2 the cushion is thinner than the stock seat. 3. the seat base is very thin. All this adds up to a much lower seat than stock.

If you go with Bride Rails, an FO type rail is labeled "super low positioned" as opposed to the FG type which is "ultra low positioned". The difference is that the FG type allows you to put the seat close to the floor, there is no part of the rail below the seat, just on the sides, whereas the FO has part of the seat rail below the seat restricting the max depth. With the FG Type and the Exas you could get very significant drop over stock seat, measured in inches, I just can't give you the exact spec because I don't know the cushion thickness on the Exas. By the way Buddy Club makes a rail similar to the FG for cheaper, but some people have reported failures over the higher quality Brides, my choice is stick with Bride rails for the Bride seat, you are not saving that much money and if you resale you will probably be able to get almost full price back for the Bride rails.

So bottom line-buy the Exas and bride rails, try different height adjustments until it feels right, that is the most important thing in the end!