S2000 Interiors Stock or totally custom, if it's inside the cabin talk about it here.

Stradia vs pole position

Old 02-12-2014, 04:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stradia vs pole position

Anyone ever sat in either seat ? I am in the market for some seats. Based off comfort level, and personal opinion

I am 6'0. 190lbs / 33 inch waist

Anyone who has sat in either seat lmk

Stradia II vs Pole Position
Old 02-12-2014, 05:02 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,628 Likes on 1,925 Posts

I have PP's and I absolutely love them. More comfy than the stock seats by a long shot, IMO.

4-5 hour drives are a breeze now.

No idea on the Stradia though.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
I have PP's and I absolutely love them. More comfy than the stock seats by a long shot, IMO.

4-5 hour drives are a breeze now.

No idea on the Stradia though.

Did you feel a noticable difference in lowering of your seating position !?
Old 02-12-2014, 09:36 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

I've sat in both. I replaced my Pole Position with a stradia, so that should tell you something.

Honestly, seats are something you just need to sit in, hard to tell someone which is better over the internet. I mean, even sitting in them, your initial impression may change over time. The 2 main reasons why I swapped out my Pole Position for a Stradia was the seat belt and ability to recline. I was not using a seat belt extender, so it was a PITA to latch and unlatch my seat belt each time. But primarily, I got sick of a fixed back seat. I used to run bucket seats all the time when I was younger, but after a while, I felt that I would be happier with a seat back that sat just a few degrees further back. And now that I have a reclining seat, I find myself wanting to change the seat back position to fit my mood. Sometimes I feel like sitting straight up like a bucket seat, other times I feel like reclining a few degrees back, other times when I "try" to sleep in my car, I recline it all the way back (which still isn't much, but WAY better than trying to sleep in a pole position! haha

Anyhow, the nice part about Stradias is that you can buy the optional low cushion (thinner butt cushion) which is nice. I opted for it and it's just fine--it's still plenty of cushion for your butt.

The only thing I need to point out to you since you're 6'0" is that my friend who is over 6 ft didn't like the Stradia because he said the wings pushed his shoulders too far forward. I'm 5'6" so I don't feel like I have that problem, probably because my shoulders don't sit as high on the seat back and my shoulders aren't as wide either. So that is something to consider.

They are both just about the same difficulty for ingress and egress. The quality of the fabrics are pretty much on par with each other with the Recaro maybe having a very slight advantage, but nothing too drastic.

If seating height is your main concern, I DO feel like I sit lower in the stradia than the PP. The PP with BC rail actually felt similar to stock height, maybe a smidge lower. The Stradia is low enough to make a difference.

let me know if you have any other questions that I can help with.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:49 PM

Awesome review Chris thank you very much
Old 02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
If seating height is your main concern, I DO feel like I sit lower in the stradia than the PP. The PP with BC rail actually felt similar to stock height, maybe a smidge lower. The Stradia is low enough to make a difference.

I had a BYS rail before the PP's and my Recaro's are definitely lower than it was with the BYS rail by at least an inch.
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by sam_spider
Originally Posted by Chris_Lum' timestamp='1392230168' post='23012478

I had a BYS rail before the PP's and my Recaro's are definitely lower than it was with the BYS rail by at least an inch.
which rail was lower?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:25 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
Originally Posted by sam_spider' timestamp='1392313110' post='23014137
[quote name='Chris_Lum' timestamp='1392230168' post='23012478']

which rail was lower?
[/quote]

Sorry my post wasn't very clear. BYS lowering rail was on stock seats, now I have Buddy Club rail with the PP's. BC & PP's is lower than the BYS with stock seats.
Old 02-13-2014, 05:21 PM

im probably gonna rock out the Pole Positions. i dont feel like suffocating in my seats. i do alot of town driving and trip driving.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

PP are to comfy. side bolster are low so you can move your legs around which is nice. I miss the hugging my BRIDES provided. SPG is tight like tiger

Quick Reply: Stradia vs pole position