S2000 Meets and Events Post and plan your meets and events here. This is the place to find out what is going on in your area.

DFW metro area group or events?

Old 10-15-2000, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious if anyone in the Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex is still interested in any S2000 group or events. I saw some postings that were months old but it appears that nothing has been organized.
When I go out to the speedway I see groups of Porsche, BMW, Audi, Miata, Corvette, Viper, and Prowler owners but the only S2Ks to be found are parked inside by the paddocks. The others are out on the track enjoying parade laps or planning to schedule the road course. In the presence of some awesome machines the S2000 was turning heads at the Laps for Charity event but we were alone amidst Ferraris and Corvettes.
I drive my car and fly aircraft for fun. I also race multi-hull sailboats in a national organization. I would be happy to lend any support in a local group. Our local sailing club frequently has a Cajun boil or restaurant meeting just to enjoy the company of people with similar interests. I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to find a few folks in the area who would like to get together occasionally with their favorite cars.
In my seven years of Miata ownership hardly a day passed without another owner passing with a friendly wave or flip of the headlamps. This Sunday a silver / red S2K pulled alongside at the bank teller without so much as a glance. Is this such an unfriendly group? I don't think so. If anyone feels like I do please feel free to contact me.
Old 10-15-2000, 09:51 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The North Texas S2000 Owners club started with a big rally of 26 cars in February
Old 10-15-2000, 10:27 AM

I would be interested in attending
Old 10-15-2000, 10:59 AM

Anybody care to take a guess as to how many S2Ks are in the north Texas area ?
Does anybody know? Assuming only so many were allocated to the local dealerships there could not be that many...
Old 10-15-2000, 11:27 AM

There are hundreds of S2000
Old 10-16-2000, 01:29 PM

I guess I was one who was remiss. Officially I am the interim Events Chairman.

The North Texas S2000 Club went to the race track near Houston in July, and I went out of the country for a month.

We (I) definitely need to organize another event before it gets too cold. I too am changing employment, but hopefully it will actually free up some time for S2000 activities.

What do you think of a run over to the Tyler area out Hwy. 80? I know some back roads around Lake Tyler (South and east) that are a blast to drive (and can give you a DEER!!!! thrill every so often).

Regards,

Al
Old 10-16-2000, 01:44 PM

Just found this on the SuperHonda.Com message board.

"Anyone in the Dallas/FW area is invited, just some import guys having a little get together, for some food, freinds and minigolf. If you are interested, meet at Mountasia mini golf in Plano off hwy 75 (central) on Sat. 21st at 630 -700pm, or email me for info slammedcustom@yahoo.com"

Not part of the S2000 Club, but could be fun. I might go out and recruit members
Old 10-16-2000, 02:18 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AATees:
[B]I guess I was one who was remiss.
Old 10-17-2000, 05:12 AM

Hey,
The weather doesn't get much better than this. If anyone is interested in the DFW area let's get together and drive while it's still warm. Write me or post to this topic.
Old 10-17-2000, 06:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been in contact with Svann, and we are both ready to get a drive in before the weather gets cold and rainy. I am in on this one, lets get a list going.

Quick Reply: DFW metro area group or events?