S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Best intake I KNOW Flame suit on

Old 05-18-2008, 06:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best intake I KNOW Flame suit on

OK i here great stuff about the fipk but i was thinking of getting a cold air i drive a 07 sti and getting a 01s2k for the week end and i live socal so it dont rain to much and i want a cold air i see the fipk is still in the engine and i need somthing carb legal any one tried the k@N cold air intake
Old 05-18-2008, 06:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 words, run on sentance. Theres plenty of threads out there on intakes, and none of them make any SIGNIFICANT gains over eachother
Old 05-18-2008, 08:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i'm an advocate for k&n since i'm so satisfied with mine. i really cant say much about the other brands because i didnt try them. the k&n 57 series FIPK is CARB legal afaik, but the 63 series that i have isnt. theres really no difference between the two except the 63 series is "newer"
Old 05-18-2008, 11:36 AM

welcome to s2ki community...i have tried the knn, injen CAI, and modified oem airbox...i still sometimes interchange the 3 intakes once in a while..and base on my observation on using this 3 intake types on both my s2k (my03 and my06).. i love the modified oem airbox the best..but the 2 other intakes sound better than the oem modded airbox...
but the car drives a little less smoother, but its just me, others might have a different opinion..

so which is the best intake? im still looking for it as well, but so far modded oem airbox with some type of snorkle FTW!
Old 05-18-2008, 01:16 PM

welcome! Its all up to you, you dont really have to listen to what ppl say here when it comes to opinions cuz its biased, just get what you want and whatever u know or feel will make you happy.

personally a CAI in Cali is a def plus in the summer heat and winter seasons. Especially since it does not rain much you should be good. The k&ns are good too but when summer comes like todays 3 digit heat hear in socal it realy comes down hard on ur car, as far as heat soak is concerned. and expecially where ur at, its hella hot!!!! i was there this weekend and i was still sweating with the top down. LOL

I ended up choosing something in between. A mugen replica intake.

btw most big named intake are expensive but most of them are carb legal, partly why its expensive. try researching them on their main website.

But again, get what you feel is good for you and what will make you happy, thats what i did, for me it is worth it.

Otherwise good luck on whatever you choose!
Old 05-18-2008, 03:12 PM

The AEM V2 has shown to be the best gain CAI. Arguably, it also sounds the best.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:40 PM

Thank you so much guys for all your post ,

I have my sti for winter so the s2k is more of a weekend car but i really want a cold air since socal is always HOT and it never rains at all but i also need carb legal since the POPO in CALI SUCK..so ya lol
Old 05-19-2008, 07:32 PM

If it doesn't rain at all where you live then the AEM CAI makes the most peak power from the dynos I've seen.

I have the comptech intake, which I think makes a some power from 3-5k and sounds great. Looks great too, but it doesn't work with the hood prop, so you have to get hood struts. A nice mod anyway.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Now I know how important it is to punctuate.

Woman; without her, man is nothing.
Woman, without her man, is nothing.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:52 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vik2000,May 20 2008, 09:45 PM
Now I know how important it is to punctuate.

Woman; without her, man is nothing.
Woman, without her man, is nothing.
hahaha nice quick english lesson

Quick Reply: Best intake I KNOW Flame suit on