S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Current AP1 "OEM style" front lip solutions? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/current-ap1-oem-style-front-lip-solutions-1187150/)

S2GARAGENYC 10-04-2018 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot (Post 24518271)
I bought one oem lip from Simon @ Hendy Motorsports in the UK. They are very expensive however they come with all the OEM hardware and fit like a glove. They told me that they only had two. A year later I found out they have sold a number of them. I do not know how many are left but I do not have any buyers remorse. The AP1 lip compliments the bumper so well.

Happy to hear you had a good experience with Hendy, he also told me "it's the last one left" I mean given the rarity, I don't even care if it's true or not. Lord knows there are none in the USA. Thank Christ my car is silverstone so I'm taking that away as a major bonus.

Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER (Post 24518407)
We have the same car :)
Yes the lip does compliment our AP1 bumper so well. Maybe its just the pics but your lip looks larger than the others above...? Or maybe it's just me lol. Either way I'd like that one for my car

The lip looks larger because the OEM is way more pronounced and curved correctly for the bumper than all this fake junk cluttering this thread. I have had both the Bayson R and OEM and there's literally no comparison, if you're fine with mediocre, great, but don't knock people willing to spend the money on quality - that last bit isn't aimed at you Rolan, rather the folks "having a tough time wrapping their head around $750." The BaysonR is such a piece a shit that I literally threw it in the trash 30 minutes after picking it up from being professionally painted for $200 lolol.

Kyle 10-04-2018 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by unclebobby (Post 24518458)

The lip looks larger because the OEM is way more pronounced and curved correctly for the bumper than all this fake junk cluttering this thread. I have had both the Bayson R and OEM and there's literally no comparison, if you're fine with mediocre, great, but don't knock people willing to spend the money on quality - that last bit isn't aimed at you Rolan, rather the folks "having a tough time wrapping their head around $750." The BaysonR is such a piece a shit that I literally threw it in the trash 30 minutes after picking it up from being professionally painted for $200 lolol.

Just let me complain for now while I stave off the inevitable.....It’s a pill I’m going to swallow the more I think about it...just give me my time to grieve :(

S2GARAGENYC 10-04-2018 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by S2kys (Post 24518515)

Just let me complain for now while I stave off the inevitable.....It’s a pill I’m going to swallow the more I think about it...just give me my time to grieve :(

Yea it's a rough road man, I went down it lol

arsenal 10-04-2018 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by S2kys (Post 24518515)

I think you missed the boat mate.

Kyle 10-04-2018 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by arsenal (Post 24518556)
I think you missed the boat mate.

Oh there will always be something out there.

RolanTHUNDER 10-05-2018 01:00 AM

Originally Posted by unclebobby (Post 24518458)

Its cool Uncle Bobby. You have a valid point and I for one had no clue that the actual OEM lip is actually more pronounced so thanks for the clarification. I may have the rare opportunity to snag a used one off a black S2K with AP2 bumper for a good deal but I just need to confirm that its legit Honda OEM before I commit to it.

$200 in the bin lol :argh:

TypeSpilot 10-06-2018 09:02 AM

If your serious about purchasing a AP1 OEM lip (only offered in silver) message

Si@Hendy Performance

on this forum. That is who I purchased my OEM lip BNIB from.

I figured the extra I paid saved me the time and hassle of trying to make a replica fit. Paint should not be difficult or expensive for a brand new small item.

Nfinitecc 10-06-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot (Post 24519164)

Si@Hendy Performance

on this forum. That is who I purchased my OEM lip BNIB from.

I figured the extra I paid saved me the time and hassle of trying to make a replica fit. Paint should not be difficult or expensive for a brand new small item.

Especially if you bought it silver already, no longer have to hassle with plastic adhesion issues, just haze the clear coat with 800-1000 and spray.

dsgerbc 10-06-2018 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by TypeSpilot (Post 24519164)

Which silver though?

S2GARAGENYC 10-08-2018 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by dsgerbc (Post 24519207)
Which silver though?

Silverstone only.