S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Custom front bumper?

Old 03-23-2011, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Custom front bumper?

I am looking into make a front bumper.

I am curious to know if anyone has ever done this and if so what was the look they were going for and how did it turn out.

Also.. what would you guys go towards in looks and what to make it look like in a way if you could? Any bumpers you like but you would change a bit?
Old 03-23-2011, 11:39 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I almost did this, in fact I actually had both the OEM bumper and new piece that I was going to use, however the S2000 has unique lines and matching them up with any other car's bumper is difficult. I wanted to integrate quad fogs into the front bumper.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

do it and let us know
Old 03-24-2011, 05:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the amount of money in glass, bondo, sanding/mixing supplies, and a SHIT-TON of time doing it all(and it might not turn out as good as you hoped and may end up scrapping it anyway), you could buy a bad-ass one from a great company that fits like a glove and call it a day.

in other words: GO FOR IT!

lol
Old 03-24-2011, 07:01 AM

i've always imagined taking ap2 oem bumper and matching the ap2 oem lip to look more like a amuse bumper.

don't like how the lip goes up a little with a flare at the end of the bumper... i rather have it end more cleanly like amuse bumper or apr lip.

now you might be thinking, "isn't that a apr lip?" but for me apr lip doesnt lip a flush as the oem lip.

don't like how the apr lip is just straight, flat lip while the ap2 oem is more curving to the bumper design. plus apr lip from the side angle doesnt sit very flush to the fender line.

yea im picky
Old 03-24-2011, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caleb2483
i've always imagined taking ap2 oem bumper and matching the ap2 oem lip to look more like a amuse bumper.

don't like how the lip goes up a little with a flare at the end of the bumper... i rather have it end more cleanly like amuse bumper or apr lip.

now you might be thinking, "isn't that a apr lip?" but for me apr lip doesnt lip a flush as the oem lip.

don't like how the apr lip is just straight, flat lip while the ap2 oem is more curving to the bumper design. plus apr lip from the side angle doesnt sit very flush to the fender line.

yea im picky
Old 03-24-2011, 11:18 AM

haha. id say that fits what your looking for.

Any finished pics? paint and everything.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:49 AM

lol keep it up!

i want to see final product!

are you keeping the end portion of the lip curving up? or shave it to be more following the oem bumper line? (like amuse and apr lip designs)
Old 03-26-2011, 09:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have been wondering if anyone has ever tried to make a custom bumper. Non of the aftermarket bumpers have the look that I want and having an original design would be unique. If one had enough money to pay a professional to do it, where would you go to get it done??
Old 03-26-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yarbrough

Originally Posted by caleb2483' timestamp='1300978860' post='20392293

yea im picky
I personally like parts that are flush with the rest of the body just like that molded lip. I want to see someone do that with the GP sports rear valance and mold it flush with the AP1 rear bumper.

Quick Reply: Custom front bumper?