S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Driver's side floor mat replacement

Old 09-01-2017, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Driver's side floor mat replacement

Hello:

Who sells a floor mat for JUST the driver's side? I don't need the passenger's side floor mat (or any other areas of the S2000).

David
Old 09-02-2017, 05:28 PM

Received 1,311 Likes on 991 Posts

Everyone. You just don't use that other extra one that it comes with...
Old 09-02-2017, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Everyone. You just don't use that other extra one that it comes with...
I don't mind buying a floor mat (that I don't need) for the passenger's side. I DO mind buying floor mats for non-existent seats (e.g. WeatherTech).
Old 09-03-2017, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by David415
I don't mind buying a floor mat (that I don't need) for the passenger's side. I DO mind buying floor mats for non-existent seats (e.g. WeatherTech).
The WT mats include mats for 'rear seats'? They are lazer matched, what did they match them to?

Are you sure its not just the website you are buying them from being setup to assume rear seats? So it says rear mats even if they're aren't any?
Old 09-03-2017, 06:52 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The WT mats include mats for 'rear seats'? They are lazer matched, what did they match them to?

Are you sure its not just the website you are buying them from being setup to assume rear seats? So it says rear mats even if they're aren't any?
I wish WeatherTech offered their DigiFit mats for this platform. I had them in my Tacoma and loved them. The only mats available from WeatherTech for this car are the universal, cut to fit mats- which is why they come with rear seat mats.

Most popular floor mat replacement seems to be the U.K. Premium 2 piece mats, followed by Rick's mats. I have the Rick's mats and am very pleased with them. I have heard that NRG makes some fairly decent mats, but have never seen them in person. The NRG mats are substantially cheaper than the other 2 options, but the other 2 cover the raised bump that often gets wear holes from getting into the car.
The following users liked this post:
David415 (09-03-2017)
Old 09-03-2017, 09:10 AM

I suggest that you relay your questions to WT. They told me that "all Vehicle Mats are made in a set of four."
Old 09-04-2017, 06:49 AM

I recently purchased the uk mats. Never would have thought I'd ever buy floor mats that expensive. Then I discovered how much it would cost to replace the carpet, and saw the wear that was happening on the hump area. Suddenly expensive mats seemed like a good idea.

To keep my new expensive mat from wearing out on drivers side from heel like my old mats did, I made a clear plastic cover for it out of one of those office chair mats. Got it from Staples, cut it to size. Tons of material left over.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:09 AM

Question

I recently purchased the uk mats. Never would have thought I'd ever buy floor mats that expensive.
What are "uk mats"? How much were they?
Old 09-04-2017, 04:40 PM

Not sure how to post a link from within the mobile app. But if you search for a thread on:

Genuine Honda S2000 Premium Carpet Mat Set

You'll find it. They were over $200!
Old 09-05-2017, 01:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Si at Hendy Performance had them custom made by Honda for a group buy and still stocks them.

Original thread: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/uk-irela...agian-1073621/

Quick Reply: Driver's side floor mat replacement