S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust System Review!

Old 12-18-2017, 06:32 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust System Review!

I purchased the EVS Single exhaust during Evasive's Black Friday Sale. The Exhaust came well packaged and the shipping was within a week! My main reason for switching to a single exhaust is for the weight saving aspects. Previously on my 2004 S2000 I've owned the T1R 70mm which was on the car when I purchased it. The T1R 70mm Single was way too loud for my taste. Taking road trips with the T1R would leave you deaf and screaming at your co-pilot to hear one another. The T1R exhaust did sound great once in VTEC, but under VTEC it had terrible drone. I then switched to the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust which in my opinion is one of the best aftermarket exhaust for a street build S2000 with very little drone. I now have different plans for my car and am taking my car a different route, which is why I switched to the EVS single. The EVS Single is a 70mm exhaust that weights in at 27.4 pounds. The EVS has a unique design with an external Helmholtz canister welded by the muffler to reduce drone. I was very impressed with the welds on the exhaust; all in all the exhaust is beautiful. When installing the exhaust the fit was perfect with no fitment issues. Evasive quotes the horsepower gains of +7.8 lbs tqe, +13.2 hp, I have not dyno tested my car, so my butt dyno cannot confirm or deny these statements.

Sound:
Idle: When Idling the exhaust has a unique sound with the external canister by the muffler. The idle is not too much louder than the Tanabe Medallion Touring exhaust, but considerably quieter than the T1R Single.

Cruising: The exhaust cruising has a low deep growl which I expected a tad bit of drone, but was surprised when I noticed that the EVS exhaust had very similar levels of drone compared with the Tanabe Medallion Touring which is very minimal! I could actually hear my radio and carry on a conversation with my passenger at highway speeds. Double thumbs up in my book.

VTEC: At VTEC this exhaust comes alive and really screams! Compared to the OEM exhaust and Tanabe the exhaust is louder at this range, but not too obnoxious like the T1R single. That's one thing I missed about the T1R single was the sound at VTEC, which I missed when switching to the Tanabe.

If your looking for a 70mm Exhaust that sounds great, looks amazing, Low in weight compared to a dual exhaust, and has minimal Drone look no farther than the EVS 70mm. I'm completely happy with my purchase and couldn't be any happier for the price. This exhaust has the best of both worlds coming from a Tanabe with low drone, and the weight savings of a single exhaust with a amazing VTEC sound. Great product Evasive

Here is a Sound comparison of the EVS single compared to the Tanabe and OEM exhaust with an overlook of the exhaust with driving footage. Hope this helps!

Last edited by mayhem267; 04-09-2018 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Changing Comparison Youtube Video
The following 3 users liked this post by mayhem267:
PapiChuloNica (04-10-2018), stevoe88 (07-24-2022), Stook_Driver (05-26-2021)
Old 12-18-2017, 09:34 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Feedback on the video:

- Great that you have footage outside the car, but as you the driver, 99.99% of the time you'll be inside it. Would be nice to see more of these review videos with actually in-car audio.

- In addition to recording the exhaust at WOT, maybe also including cruising speeds, at different speeds, windows up and down, also in the car.

Cheers,
Alex
The following users liked this post:
Stook_Driver (05-26-2021)
Old 12-18-2017, 10:07 PM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Is this the system you are comparing it too T1R 70R-EM? If so I'm surprised you felt that much difference.
Old 12-19-2017, 07:19 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

I have the 70ssp paired with a berk 70 high flow. Inside the car it is not bad, and minimal drone. Exhaust is quiet in the lower rpms, and really comes alive after 4300
Old 12-19-2017, 07:23 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I had this exhaust and it's still my favorite sounding exhaust. Sounds insane under VTEC.
I regret selling it.
Old 12-19-2017, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by manystyles
Feedback on the video:

- Great that you have footage outside the car, but as you the driver, 99.99% of the time you'll be inside it. Would be nice to see more of these review videos with actually in-car audio.

- In addition to recording the exhaust at WOT, maybe also including cruising speeds, at different speeds, windows up and down, also in the car.

Cheers,
Alex
Thanks for the Feedback! For future videos I plan to invest in an external mic for my go-pro to improve the production value and give a better insight. Thanks Alex!
Old 12-19-2017, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by flanders
Is this the system you are comparing it too T1R 70R-EM? If so I'm surprised you felt that much difference.
The T1R exhaust was a older Discontinued model, it was almost a straight pipe. I’m not too familiar to the T1R 70R-EM model.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice. Wish there was more revving for the EVS though, like low rpm, medium rpm, and high rpm. And then an acceleration from stop.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Gotcha, yes I think the older T1R model was way louder so your experiences makes more sense comparing it to that.
Old 04-09-2018, 04:35 PM

Updated comparison video with in-car driving footage with both internal and external mic. Hope this helps!

Quick Reply: EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust System Review!