S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

First few mods

Old 05-23-2019, 02:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Installed the flat sidemarker lights. They were super easy to pop off and on. They aren't as dark as I would like but I like the flat style a lot better. I'm ordereing LED bulbs for the side markers and may consider spray tinting the lenses.
The following users liked this post:
99MCoupe (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 07:56 PM

Here's a pic of my airbox with the lid off. I'm thinking about running a tube from the bottom of the airbox to the passenger side fog light or brake duct, fake opening in the front bumper. I've seen quite a few threads on the brake cooling and a few on using this duct for the air box. Most seem to think it isn't worth it for the airbox. I'm thinking it could be good for sound without compromising heat soak. If I go through with it, I will be making my own set up.

Last edited by 04Mintcondition; 05-23-2019 at 07:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 06:49 PM

First attempt at tinting the side marker and first attempt careamic coating the car. I'm thinking I will powder coat the stock rims gloss black.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Try plastidip them prior to powdercoat, to make sureyoh like the look, since it's reversible. Won't be gloss, but better than squinting trying to image it.

Or see one in person same color same wheel color...
04Mintcondition (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 04:44 AM

Received 1,132 Likes on 995 Posts

1. Probably generational but black wheels make the car look like the wheel covers were stolen. After buying my used car I had to drive around for about a month with black wheels before I could get OEM wheels. I'll admit, though, that black wheels look better than safety-green or red as seen in photos here.

2. Removing the airbox cover robs power. Plenty of dyno test videos including our favorite Aussie lads at Mighty Car Mods. Looks like you have half the LHT airbox mod done. Finish it and put the cover back on.

3. Not sure what tinting the side turn signals does. But if we all had the same tastes we'd all be married to the same woman.

-- Chuck
Old 05-29-2019, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by Chuck S
1. Probably generational but black wheels make the car look like the wheel covers were stolen. After buying my used car I had to drive around for about a month with black wheels before I could get OEM wheels. I'll admit, though, that black wheels look better than safety-green or red as seen in photos here.

2. Removing the airbox cover robs power. Plenty of dyno test videos including our favorite Aussie lads at Mighty Car Mods. Looks like you have half the LHT airbox mod done. Finish it and put the cover back on.

3. Not sure what tinting the side turn signals does. But if we all had the same tastes we'd all be married to the same woman.

-- Chuck
Good morning Chuck,

On items 1 and 3 they are obviously just for looks and as you mention we have our own styles. On item 2 I agree. I just took the lid off to show the K&N filter and airbox mod. It was just for the picture. Also, if someone thinks your wheel covers have been stolen AKA you have steel wheels, your car probably needs some tidying up, IMHO. I get your point though.

Last edited by 04Mintcondition; 05-29-2019 at 05:06 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:24 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

They're called hub caps. Wheel covers was an uneeded course correction rename.

We have all sorts of things with outdated names that make no sense today, but that's what we still call them. Dashboard. Fender. Rilling down the Windows.
04Mintcondition (05-29-2019)
Old 05-29-2019, 05:36 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by 04Mintcondition
First attempt at tinting the side marker and first attempt careamic coating the car. I'm thinking I will powder coat the stock rims gloss black.
I'm going to try to put this nicely.

Stop tinkering.

Just enjoy the car.

Some of the stuff you're doing seems like stuff an excited 16 year old would do to the 15 year old Accord he bought with income from his job bagging groceries.

We're all excited about these cars (we're not getting the hours back that we've spent on this site, working on these cars, driving them & I'm quite sure we're all fine with that), but you're going to do more harm than good haphazardly throwing sub-par stuff at the car.
Old 05-29-2019, 05:50 AM

Originally Posted by TsukubaCody
I'm going to try to put this nicely.

Stop tinkering.

Just enjoy the car.

Some of the stuff you're doing seems like stuff an excited 16 year old would do to the 15 year old Accord he bought with income from his job bagging groceries.

We're all excited about these cars (we're not getting the hours back that we've spent on this site, working on these cars, driving them & I'm quite sure we're all fine with that), but you're going to do more harm than good haphazardly throwing sub-par stuff at the car.
I appreciate your opinion but I think the 16 year old boy aspect is just me posting it here. I don't think I have done anything haphazardly to my car and I like the direction I am headed. As for posting every minor tweak to a car forum, I think that is where I can grow up. Have a fantastic day!

Last edited by 04Mintcondition; 05-29-2019 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:14 AM

Received 418 Likes on 318 Posts

The 'cooling plate', K&N filter, spray painted turn signals, red calipers, black painted stock wheels, etc., are all modifications that a teenager would make.

But if you're happy, play on man.
The following 2 users liked this post by TsukubaCody:
shrykhar (06-10-2019), tehlonz (06-01-2019)

Quick Reply: First few mods