S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

hardtopguy.com - AP2 Tail Light Conversion Kit

Old 01-26-2017, 02:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default hardtopguy.com - AP2 Tail Light Conversion Kit

Hi,

Has anyone had any recent experiences with hardtopguy.com lately? I purchased my soft top from the many years ago and was happy with their service but i sent an email to them about their AP2 Tail Light Conversion Kit and have not had a response in over a week.

Does anyone know if the tail lights they supply are OEM or Aftermarket? (2004 TAIL LAMP RETRO KIT)

Is the kit worth it? I recently reversed into a shopping trolley and smashed one of my lights and thought it would a good excuse to do the conversion.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

bruunz
Old 01-26-2017, 04:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

The lack of a reply would steer me away.
Old 01-26-2017, 06:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why not just buy used ap2 tail lights and retrofit them yourself?
Old 01-26-2017, 10:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

There aren't many options locally for me (Australia). 2nd hand lights on eBay from US will already set me back $600-$750.

ill check with Honda spare parts and see what the price difference is. I have a feeling they will be close to $1000 for me.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:48 AM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

I thought about making a purchase from him recently. But then I saw he's no longer a sponser here.
Old 01-27-2017, 03:54 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Post a wtb and you should be able to source them for about 350 or so. I see them on facebook s2000 classifieds often.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:57 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I will say that even though his communication is pretty bad, I bought some front license plate plugs from him a month ago and they arrived in like 2 days so he seems to be on top of it.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:19 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by freq
The lack of a reply would steer me away.
This. Twice.

First time was searching for AP2 front lip, which then I went with Speed Freaks to source one for me afterward, upon writing an initial review he called me out in that thread for not giving him enough time as he was out on vacation or something - as if expecting me to know that.

Second time was very recent, within the past week, I emailed him through his website to inquire about a possibility of sourcing a CR Trunk and interest about purchasing the CR wing through this site, thus far no reply.

Even if busy, or something is backordered, communication is key - I could care less if I had to wait really, but at least due diligence to let us know as to why or even what the holdup is, would be nice.

No one likes to chase after someone, especially if we are willing to fork out the hard earned cash we have to complete a transaction, it would be even worse if this were to be after sending payment (such as Wasp Composites).. that would be a whole different nightmare.
Old 07-08-2018, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is the hardtopguy not a good source for these parts?
Old 07-09-2018, 12:34 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by ToniWonKanobi
So is the hardtopguy not a good source for these parts?
I can't chime in directly on the taillights in particular, but I will say I've had recent dealings with him and haven't had an issue. I even needed to make changes to my order and he got back to me right away and refunded me the difference etc. I'd say he's legit and seems to have plenty of good rep around here.

Quick Reply: hardtopguy.com - AP2 Tail Light Conversion Kit