S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

ID4 Motion cluster install

Old 04-03-2021, 08:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default ID4 Motion cluster install

Update 1: So apparently there was a software update and I forgot to attach the USB extension cable to the back of cluster and I had to take everything back apart again. This time I removed the steering wheel and turn signal and light stalks. I should've done this from the start as it gave me much more room and better access.
The update procedure was very easy. Format your USB drive to FAT32 and decompress the files to the root directory. Turn the car on and plug the drive into the cable. The cluster will automatically recognize the file and begin the update. Once it's done, it'll automatically reboot.
The update added the odometer adjust function and fixed my inaccurate speedometer issue. I only tested it to 40mph but I'll report back if highway speeds are off too much. Overall I'm very satisfied with the product and I'm excited to see the aftermarket ECU support.

So after much waiting and anticipation, I received my ID4 Motion cluster. The install wasn't too difficult, the hardest part was removing the bezel with the steering wheel still on the car. You do need to grind off the plastic housing area to get the cluster to fit into the housing as shown in the photos below. I rerouted the wiring for the cluster to the left side of the dash where the audio and start button are and I used a couple layers of foam tape to secure the control module to the car. The cluster is very legible even in full daylight and the screen is pretty scratch resistant as I scraped it with the bezel when putting it back together. The biggest problem with it is that the speed reading seems to be off. I have a yellow jacket installed so I may need to zero it out so it doesn't interfere with the signal to the dash. I'll make a video of me driving around with it to give you a better idea of what it looks like in operation. Thanks for reading!

The following 2 users liked this post by schhim:
randomwalk101 (04-03-2021), treimche (04-04-2021)
Old 04-03-2021, 08:52 AM

Received 81 Likes on 74 Posts

Wow.. Looks dope! You're the first to receive it I think. Can you lower the brightness a bit? Looks like the backlight is bleeding through a bit but that may be just the picture/photo?
What model year is your S2000?
Old 04-03-2021, 01:05 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Did the control box allow the removal of the OEM dash cluster? It looks good and it's nice to see someone with the actual final product. Did you utilize the PnP harness?
Old 04-03-2021, 05:26 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes, I used the PnP harness and the control box obviated the need to keep the OEM cluster. The speedometer is still way off so I'm going to try to use my yellow jacket to compensate.
Old 04-03-2021, 09:33 PM

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

my friend just got this. He said to fix the speedometer issue, make sure you go into the settings and set your wheel/tire size. By default its set to 4" which we dont have 4" wheels and thats why the speedometer doesnt read correctly initially.