S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Looking for suggestions on oil pressure temp gauge

Old 05-24-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for suggestions on oil pressure temp gauge

I currently have dual pillar pod and have a AEM fail safe I plan on using in one spot.

I know innovate previously made a gauge that read both pressure and temp. I remember reading mixed reviews when previously reviewing the gauge. I was wondering if any other company made a gauge that read both oil pressure and temp? Or if anyone has any person experience with the innovate gauge.

If not I will just end up getting each gauge and figure out a way to mount the extra one. I appreciate any advice or information in advance.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:15 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

If you are running an AEM ems, you can use a serial gauge to display oil pressure and oil temperature. You just need an AEM compatible sensor for each.
Old 05-25-2016, 10:37 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

i ran an MTX-D from innovate for oil temp/pressure. it worked fine just dont install the pressure sensor directly in a sandwich plate. run a line and mount it remotely
Old 05-25-2016, 03:21 PM

I appreciate the suggestions I'm going to see if my tuner has any knowledge on the AEM serial gauge. The cars being tuned on infinity so I'm hoping that all of the horror stories I've ready about setting up the serial gauge won't be as bad.

The innovate mtx d kit looks like it would be pretty straight forward. If anything I may go this route because it looks like I could easily set everything up myself.
Old 06-12-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Innovate digital dual oil pressure and temp gauge and like it alot.
Old 06-12-2016, 08:10 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

serial gauge won't work with the infinity. I am trying to do the same as you. I have a aem oil pressure gauge and I am going to see if I can feed a signal from that to the infinity. Another option is get a pressure sensor and try a bt innovations can bus gauge.
Old 06-13-2016, 08:53 AM

Thanks for the heads up ^

I think I'm going to end up getting the innovate dual gauge, it includes the sensors I believe and seems like it would be a pretty straight forward install.

I'm going to order it this week and I will make a updated post once I have it all installed.
Old 06-13-2016, 03:00 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I actually got mine from a place in florida. Dual digital and works great and simple.

http://www.veisystems.com/ws/

I am actually going to be removing mine. As they said above dont mount sensors on the plate. I think the vibration and temp kills it. I have been through 2 in 2 years. The temp sensor is fine there.

Only reason why i plan to remove is i feel i dont even use it. I look occasionally but rare. The system doesnt log temp or pressure which doesnt help to review issues.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by rtboy10
Thanks for the heads up ^

I think I'm going to end up getting the innovate dual gauge, it includes the sensors I believe and seems like it would be a pretty straight forward install.

I'm going to order it this week and I will make a updated post once I have it all installed.
Why not tie in the sensors to the infinity so you can have built in failsafes?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:25 PM

http://www.spatechnique.com/store/itemList.cfm?catID=27

running a SPA dual gauge for oil temp and pressure. Expensive but really nice product. I am running pressure in the stock location (you need an adapter for this), and temp in the oil pan. My oil pan had the bung for the temp sender near the front of the pan on the passenger side and the included harness wasn't quite long enough to reach my a-pillar dual pod but extending it was easy, its just three wires.

Quick Reply: Looking for suggestions on oil pressure temp gauge