S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

mounting ap2 front lip (rep)

Old 01-05-2015, 05:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mounting ap2 front lip (rep)

Okay. Before I send this rep lip off to be painted of course I want to mock up and fit it to the car. It came with a couple bolts. But nothing OE. I'd like to fit this lip to the car with as close to OEM parts as possible. It there a kit or parts list for what to mount the lip to the car with? I'm using the eurathane lip because my car is a d.d. and I'm worried about spending the factory money on something which will have a rough life. Going to set it up against the car Thursday and see how much work it will require to get fitted correctly. I plan to drill out the lower points for the Honda pins that hold the lower mud/splash guard on. Any tips would be great.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:01 PM
Community Organizer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

AP2 Lip Instructions

^ That's for the OEM lip as per Honda. Should give you an idea of where it's secured to the bumper. I'd recommend getting some double sided tape or adhesive backing if your lip doesn't come with it.
Old 01-05-2015, 07:09 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Test fit it perfectly before you spend money on paint. Should've bought a Honda lip. Aftermarket is crap and the mounting sucks. At least buy the honda weatherstripping to reduce all the gaps your going to have
Old 01-06-2015, 05:06 AM

I bought the weather stripping and this rep has places to mount the OE Honda pins from the front bumper as well. If it doesn't fit 95% or better I'll most likely scrap it or keep it around and buy OEM. Just couldn't see spending 400$ for something that would get torn up without trying a cheaper model. I can get it painted (friends shop) for 50-75$ so I'm only into this thing about 140 at this point....
Old 01-06-2015, 05:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The last front lip I had on my car was a rep. With the oem hardware and weather stripping, you almost couldn't tell the difference (only because I goofed when mounting it). Now I have a new bumper and oem lip though
Old 01-06-2015, 08:10 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless you are not very picky, buy the Honda OEM lip and protect it using a bottom front splitter.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:15 PM

Just put it up against the bumper to see if it would fit at all... It fits and it even on both sides. I'm picky but at the same time Im realizing that anything I spend time obsessing over perfection for, tends to get screwed up.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:16 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

Why are you assuming an OEM lip will get torn up? Are you slamming into curbs on purpose?
Old 01-08-2015, 04:18 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

I have never seen any replica lip fit anywhere close to the 95% you're looking for. Unless your definition of 95% is loose.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 PM

@B serious : south Carolina drivers aren't exactly the creme of the crop. And there tends to be a lot of things I end up avoiding in the roads down here. That combined with the fact I'm moving to Philadelphia after summer and I'm sure the roads are way worse. Idk I just have a bad feeling about an OEM lip vs a knockoff in this case. I haven't ever bumped my front end into a parking curb or even added a curb mark to my rims since owning an s. But for half the price of OEM it seems to be pretty worth it. If I end up unhappy with it I'll replace with an OEM lip. But my current focus's are clutch and flashpro . I just really wanted the lip also. Haha

Quick Reply: mounting ap2 front lip (rep)