S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mugen Hard top

Old 07-08-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen Hard top

I was planning to buy Mugen Hardtop and I was wondering if the fitment is perfect.

Another thing is that rattles annoys me alot. So, does the hardtop rattle or any part after the soft top has been removed?

Need some input from any Mugen Hardtop owners. Please and thank you!
Old 07-08-2012, 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by drans2k
I was planning to buy Mugen Hardtop and I was wondering if the fitment is perfect.

Another thing is that rattles annoys me alot. So, does the hardtop rattle or any part after the soft top has been removed?

Need some input from any Mugen Hardtop owners. Please and thank you!

Talk to spyder562 he is with Forbidden Usa, he makes the Mugen replica hardtops offers complete hardware, seals and everything needed for installation. He has very good pricing as well. Here is a link you can use. There is a price chart on the 1st page, scroll down an should be in about the middle of the topic. Let me know what you think. Hope this helps and also save you a little bit of cash. I just ordered my HT from him on the 4th of july. Alberto guarantees good fitment and quality!

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/826...#entry21793471
Old 07-09-2012, 03:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think they're all going to rattle somewhat. My OEM will rattle a little over uneven surfaces and perhaps not at all at hwy speeds. Depending on fit, expect some rattle no matter which top you plan to buy.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by JackS
I think they're all going to rattle somewhat. My OEM will rattle a little over uneven surfaces and perhaps not at all at hwy speeds. Depending on fit, expect some rattle no matter which top you plan to buy.

I honestly have not heard of any complaints on here about forbidden usa mugen replica hardtops!
Old 07-09-2012, 05:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can use a thin piece of rubber around the hook where it latches into the striker. I use a piece of paper folded over several times and that seems to take care if the squeaking.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by ryuken
You can use a thin piece of rubber around the hook where it latches into the striker. I use a piece of paper folded over several times and that seems to take care if the squeaking.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

most of the time rattles are due to the hardware, not the hardtop. it is mostly the oem hardware, the front latches due to their design, the hooks and strikers wear out, so they rattle when the chassis flexes over bumps and dips. There have been numerous 'fixes' for the rattle, but none have been permanent, for me at least. the rattle resurfaced after every thing i tried (i was using OEM hardware on an OEM top fwiw). The only thing that fixed it were fixed brackets, like the izzy brackets. now i have hardtop locks (fixed as well) from S2ki sponsor Alloy Craft and no problems....no more rattles.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM

Thank you for the inputs guys! Very much appreciated.

I'll check out the Forbidden HT and just make sure I get as much info about their product. Including their hardware and some grease they use to remove the squeeks.

Thanks again!