S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mugen shift knob

Old 05-08-2014, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mugen shift knob

What's up s2ki?
I wasn't able to find much info on this shift knob on the forum so here's a small review. I really like the mugen shift knob from the mugen edition civic si from '08. That specific knob is a little too rich for my wallet at around $200. So I found another mugen knob that is pretty identical minus the small "si" emblem on the knob for around $120. Unfortunately that's alil too rich for my wallet too lol so I found what seems like decent replica from bayson r. So please hold off on the insults about buying replicas.

The knob has a nice feel in the palm of my hand even though the knob is a bit big for me bc I have smaller hands. For those of u with larger hands this may be a near perfect fell/fit if you prefer ball type shift knobs.

As far as weight goes it's pretty light. Bayson r's website says it only weight 160 grams, which seems pretty accurate since I compared it to my ap1 aluminum knob n it seems to weigh nearly they same. Despite it's lack of weight, there actually isn't much of a notchy feeling while shifting and I thinks it's bc the knob sit much lower than my stock shift knobs. I also have an ap2 leather wrapped knob which weighs in around 240g, almost 100g more than the mugen replica, and shifting feels just as smooth with the mugen replica as the much heavier ap2 knob. There still is some if the notchy feel present but not as much as you would expect from such a light weight knob.

Both the authentic mugen and replica are finished in a shiny stainless steel finish. Which is a nice touch, but I personally prefer a brushed aluminum type finish. According to a civic forum, the authentic mugen weighs around 160g as well. I'm not sure of the authentic mugen is countersunk or not since I was unable to find that out through searching, but the replica is NOT countersunk.

Overall I think it is a nice pick for those on a budget, but for those of you who have the dough to spend on the real deal, then go for it. I'd imagine the real piece is just as good or better since it's the real deal. I might just do that when I get the extra cash or just switch back to leather wrapped ap2 knob since it looks and feels great to me.

Here are links where you can purchase both authentic and replica knobs.
REAL DEAL: http://www.kingmotorsports.com/p-402...hift-knob.aspx

Replica: http://www.baysonr.com/Honda_Acura_J...k-6s-mu-ss.htm

THANKS FOR READING!
Attached Thumbnails Mugen shift knob-image.jpg   Mugen shift knob-image.jpg   Mugen shift knob-image.jpg  
Old 05-09-2014, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in china, its retail price is 5 US dollars on their own version of ebay.

you still got ripped off by a replica part.