S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Need exhaust advice

Old 07-05-2019, 08:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need exhaust advice

Best sounding exhausts for s2k? Or best exhaust setup? 2003 s2k
Old 07-05-2019, 09:14 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

There is no just general best. You need to give more information. Like what’s most important to you. Also budget. You could also try searching and reading some of the thousands of threads on this topic.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
There is no just general best. You need to give more information. Like what’s most important to you. Also budget. You could also try searching and reading some of the thousands of threads on this topic.
I want loud just not too loud. I seen one called J's racing on YouTube sounded great
Old 07-06-2019, 09:38 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Not very specific. My too loud is way too quiet for many others.

Consider the uk mod (search it, its a simple inexpensive mod to stock exhaust). Larger the pipe, bigger the sound.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jared Gomez
I want loud just not too loud. I seen one called J's racing on YouTube sounded great
I know J's Racing is a fairly popular option and I've heard that they sound really good, but I've also seen people raise concerns that the quality of their welding has gone way downhill lately.

Is drone a major concern? The Invidia N1 is definitely loud (I'm sure some would consider it too loud), but personally I'm really happy with how it sounds. The drone can get very annoying if you're driving it at highway speeds for very long, though.

There are tons of other exhaust options out there. To be honest, I don't have much experience with anything other than stock and Invidia, so I'm mentioning it purely based on my own experience and the fact that I've had several people mention to me that they like the sound of it as well. I'm sure there will be a lot of other suggestions here.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:37 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

my short list of single exit exhausts that fit what I want - all 63.5mm

63.5mm single exit
-ASM Siren
-Fujitsubo Power Getter

70mm single exit
-EVS Tuning 70-SSP

Dual exit exhausts
-Fujitsubo Legalis-R
-HKS Hi-power
-Mugen

At the end of the day, exhaust sounds are all subjective. For power, the vast majority is made from the test pipe. The piping diameter doesn't really become a limiting factor until you go FI.

The other main advantage gained from an exhaust is weight savings, up to 40-50 lbs. of weight reduced versus OEM if you go with a single exit titanium exhaust - they are fragile though, and won't last as long as a stainless steel exhaust.
Old 07-06-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by hammerhead300
I know J's Racing is a fairly popular option and I've heard that they sound really good, but I've also seen people raise concerns that the quality of their welding has gone way downhill lately.

Is drone a major concern? The Invidia N1 is definitely loud (I'm sure some would consider it too loud), but personally I'm really happy with how it sounds. The drone can get very annoying if you're driving it at highway speeds for very long, though.

There are tons of other exhaust options out there. To be honest, I don't have much experience with anything other than stock and Invidia, so I'm mentioning it purely based on my own experience and the fact that I've had several people mention to me that they like the sound of it as well. I'm sure there will be a lot of other suggestions here.
Something that's quiter than Indiva exhaust. I don't want the car to drone obnoxiously. It's going to be my fault driver
Old 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bullwings
my short list of single exit exhausts that fit what I want - all 63.5mm

63.5mm single exit
-ASM Siren
-Fujitsubo Power Getter

70mm single exit
-EVS Tuning 70-SSP

Dual exit exhausts
-Fujitsubo Legalis-R
-HKS Hi-power
-Mugen

At the end of the day, exhaust sounds are all subjective. For power, the vast majority is made from the test pipe. The piping diameter doesn't really become a limiting factor until you go FI.

The other main advantage gained from an exhaust is weight savings, up to 40-50 lbs. of weight reduced versus OEM if you go with a single exit titanium exhaust - they are fragile though, and won't last as long as a stainless steel exhaust.
Which one is your favorite
Old 07-06-2019, 06:14 PM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Jared Gomez
Which one is your favorite
OEM. hahaha

Just running a testpipe.

Can't bring myself to drop money on an exhaust. There are so many other things that I spent money on and prioritized over an exhaust that I still haven't done it.

If money was no object, then the ASM Siren (~$4500 US).

More realistically, I'm looking at the Fujitsubo Power Getter ~$900 after shipping.

Even then, I'd rather spend that money on another set of NT-01s and track fees.
Old 07-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Jesus. Know what? Best exhaust is the asm siren.

Quick Reply: Need exhaust advice