S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Need headlight help

Old 04-26-2020, 06:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need headlight help

Ok, I need some help. My 06 headlight lenses are terribly crazed and I am in the process of swapping the lenses.

In order to do that, I bought some Spec-D halo lights to do a lens swap and the lens on the new lights is different than stock internally. Completely wrong fit. Different mounting points. (Warning to all about these light's lenses). I'll probably be restoring the lens back on and selling them for half price and used.

But I can't find a "non-halo" light to pull the lenses off of that I can trust. It seems that the entire internet only has halo lights, which is fine, IF they are the same style lenses as OEM. In other words, have the same internal mounting points. But I'm running scared.

If you have recently done this, where did you find them? Can you share the brand and where you found them? Any help is appreciated. If you were able to swap the lenses, help me out?

Thanks!

​​​​​​​Rick Edwards
Old 04-27-2020, 09:32 AM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

So to start I have no idea if this site is legit so order at your own risk as everyplace lists these as out of stock.

https://jlconcepts.myshopify.com/pro...s2k00-jdma-001

These are aftermarket oem style headlights that I would think should work for swapping the lens over.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:17 PM

Received 139 Likes on 114 Posts

clean and seal the OEM covers? The UV blocking seal is the important part to prevent future hazing of the cover.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:49 PM

Thanks! I called them and they don't know why Shopify had it listed. They couldn't help. Ugh. So, still looking!
Old 04-27-2020, 02:51 PM

Thanks, but they aren't hazed. they are crazed. Lot's of little cracks all over them. Cannot be polished and sealed. Need new lenses.

Crazing

Last edited by Edbun; 04-27-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Add pic
Old 04-27-2020, 03:50 PM
Site Moderator

Received 348 Likes on 302 Posts

Yeah thats what I figured those OEM style light seem to have disappeared. Curious if the lens in the same between AP1 and Ap2. AP1 lights are usually much cheaper and you could maybe find an ok set of those and clean up the lens before swapping but no idea if they are the same.
The following users liked this post:
Edbun (04-27-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 07:09 PM

Default Ap1 Ap2 headlights

I wonder that myself. I had one person say yes and one say no. I appreciate both inputs, but I still don't know! Anyone know if the clear lens is the same for both? Will my Ap2 internal trim fit the screw holes on the inside of an Ap1 lens? Will the lens fit the housing?
Old 04-28-2020, 07:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
So to start I have no idea if this site is legit so order at your own risk as everyplace lists these as out of stock.

These are aftermarket oem style headlights that I would think should work for swapping the lens over.
Hmm
Old 04-28-2020, 08:24 AM

Okay, after about 8 hours of looking, I am convinced that as of right now, there are no original style headlights available anywhere. So, I'll polish the old ones, try to ignore the crazing, and keep an eye out for some when they are being produced again. If anyone finds them, please post!!
Old 04-29-2020, 05:36 AM

Received 418 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn

Out of stock because they go fast. They're AP2 lights but have a bracket for AP1 ballast. I've seen those in the flesh, they look like they're OEM quality. Can't beat the price either. They're made by a Taiwanese company.

Quick Reply: Need headlight help