S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

OEM hardtop lines

Old 06-20-2013, 07:30 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default OEM hardtop lines

Also posted this in "BODY". I have an issue with oem hardtop fitment that I need help with. I was wondering if there is a thread for such a problem? Done the search, find lots of info on creaks and noise but nothing on fitment. On all offical pictures the window line meets the door line but my hardtop doesn't; the window line is aft the door line. If I take the hardtop latches off I am able to position the hardtop forward enough for the lines to match up and the weather seals to mate correctly around the windshield. But the latches when mated to the hardtop strikers do not allow the "correct" fitment. There is no adjustment for the strikers. Is there an adjustment for the latches (I did read a post that mentioned taking the headliner out and there is an adjustment under it)?

The red arrows point to the correct fitment position.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

there are official specs in the Helms manual. I will try to post screen captures if i can find them.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:22 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Hope this helps:

Old 06-20-2013, 09:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

(1) Is it a true OEM hardtop?
(2) What year is your car?
(3) Does the top have all the OEM latches, etc? It is possible the front latches are the softop latches. Additionally, very Early model cars require different striker plates than later models.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 PM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

anyone have a problem sitting the rear of the top perfectly on the tray opening molding? looks like everytime i take if off my buddys car its leaving marks on the tray molding like the trim on the inside is hitting it. Also when its locked in place how much gap is suppose to be at the rear glass to the body of the car?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by GT Motoring II
(1) Is it a true OEM hardtop?
(2) What year is your car?
(3) Does the top have all the OEM latches, etc? It is possible the front latches are the softop latches. Additionally, very Early model cars require different striker plates than later models.
Yep, OEM hardtop
Car is a 2006
Hardtop came with OEM "hardtop only" latches as well as the roof side locks and the things they fit into.
My softtop strikers did not pull the top tight enough and the front of the top was moving and creating alot of noise so I ordered "hardtop" strikers and replaced. They definitely are smaller and pulled the top tight.
Old 06-21-2013, 05:04 AM

[quote name='Chris_Lum' timestamp='1371745339' post='22620582']
Hope this helps:

Thanks Chris! That helps. My problem appears to be that there IS no space between G and H and there needs to be so I can move the hardtop forward. I guess I have frame deformation on the hardtop or the car.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J Schmidt
Yep, OEM hardtop
Car is a 2006
Hardtop came with OEM "hardtop only" latches as well as the roof side locks and the things they fit into.
My softtop strikers did not pull the top tight enough and the front of the top was moving and creating alot of noise so I ordered "hardtop" strikers and replaced. They definitely are smaller and pulled the top tight.
I have the same issue with my hardtop, the strikers does not pull the top tight enough and there's a big gap in the front... mine's an 05 so I assumed the strikers were good, the hardtop strikers pulled the top closer to the car? My current latches on the hardtop don't even clamp into the strikers like the softtop latches do
Old 06-21-2013, 06:40 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Biggest issue I'm having is the side window water leak. I've readjusted this thing tons of time, in fact I think the fastest at installing and uninstalling this thing, I have alloy craft hardtop locks though
Old 06-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Received 158 Likes on 121 Posts

I never really paid attention to this, just noticed my drivers side is off... by a lot. But it doesn't leak water so I don't care.

Quick Reply: OEM hardtop lines