S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

OEM Honda Rear Wing Spoiler Installation Template

Old 06-06-2012, 01:13 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OEM Honda Rear Wing Spoiler Installation Template

I just recently purchased an OEM Honda Rear Wing Spoiler from another forum member and I'm going to be installing it soon. I searched the forum but was unable to find anyone that had the original Honda Template to mark where to drill into the trunk to mount the spoiler, so I contacted Honda of America directly, and they were kind enough to get me the template! Usually you can only get it if you buy a NEW spoiler from Honda.

I thought I'd post it up here, so anyone installing a wing in the future could download the template or instructions to help with the install! I'll post an update when I get my wing installed!

OEM Honda Wing Spoiler Installation Instructions

OEM Honda Wing Spoiler Drilling Template

(The measurements on the template are in millimeters so you can be sure that it's the correct size after you download and print it out with your own printer.)
The following users liked this post:
2000xthefun (04-05-2022)
Old 06-06-2012, 06:36 PM

Thanks! I was going to pass on a wing because it didnt come with the template. Now I am tempted once again.
Old 06-06-2012, 06:39 PM

AHhhhhh where was this post like 3 weeks ago when I needed it. I purchased an OEM style wing a few weeks back. I found out it was a replica when I didnt see the s2k logo on the bottom, but other than that it looks 100% the same to me. The paint is an absolute match. The only other difference was that it DIDNT have the stud at the bottom, and required some inventive thinking. 5 hours of making my own templates, fabricating a way to mount it, and measuring, test fitting, measuring, test fitting, measuring, test fitting. It was the most frustrating thing I've done on my car. Worse than changing the clutch by myself in my garage. I finally got it on and its pretty perfect though.
Old 06-07-2012, 10:55 AM

Template downloads don't work for me
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 AM

Hmm... just checked. Both links are working fine for me. What kind of error are you getting when you click the links?
Old 07-11-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting! This should make the job much easier! -RC

Originally Posted by 05rioS2K
I just recently purchased an OEM Honda Rear Wing Spoiler from another forum member and I'm going to be installing it soon. I searched the forum but was unable to find anyone that had the original Honda Template to mark where to drill into the trunk to mount the spoiler, so I contacted Honda of America directly, and they were kind enough to get me the template! Usually you can only get it if you buy a NEW spoiler from Honda.

I thought I'd post it up here, so anyone installing a wing in the future could download the template or instructions to help with the install! I'll post an update when I get my wing installed!

OEM Honda Wing Spoiler Installation Instructions

OEM Honda Wing Spoiler Drilling Template

(The measurements on the template are in millimeters so you can be sure that it's the correct size after you download and print it out with your own printer.)
Old 07-12-2012, 04:50 PM
Community Organizer

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by cpl_allen
AHhhhhh where was this post like 3 weeks ago when I needed it. I purchased an OEM style wing a few weeks back. I found out it was a replica when I didnt see the s2k logo on the bottom, but other than that it looks 100% the same to me. The paint is an absolute match. The only other difference was that it DIDNT have the stud at the bottom, and required some inventive thinking. 5 hours of making my own templates, fabricating a way to mount it, and measuring, test fitting, measuring, test fitting, measuring, test fitting. It was the most frustrating thing I've done on my car. Worse than changing the clutch by myself in my garage. I finally got it on and its pretty perfect though.
FYI, aftermarket spoilers might not line up perfectly with the OEM holes.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:05 PM

On another note, thanks for the template! I took it to kinkos to print it out (because some how, my printer never wants to work when I want to)

Here is my finished result.

Old 07-13-2012, 09:50 AM

looks good
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 AM

I'm not getting a read on either of these links, can anyone update them or repost please.

Quick Reply: OEM Honda Rear Wing Spoiler Installation Template