S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Roll Cages and Soft tops?

Old 10-08-2012, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Cages and Soft tops?

I've never even thought about looking into a roll cage for my s2k, never really caught my eye until I saw a photo of a really clean looking roll cage, my only question is, will the soft top function with the roll cage in? I just can't imagine theres room for it with the top up
Old 10-08-2012, 10:18 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Do a search, it's been covered many times. Almost all of the pre made rollbars are designed to allow use of the factory soft top.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/957...-3-starts-now/
Old 10-09-2012, 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertoUrbina
I've never even thought about looking into a roll cage for my s2k, never really caught my eye until I saw a photo of a really clean looking roll cage, my only question is, will the soft top function with the roll cage in? I just can't imagine theres room for it with the top up
So the only reason you want a roll cage is because "it looks nice"

Wow.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:25 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
Originally Posted by AlbertoUrbina' timestamp='1349760097' post='22068777
So the only reason you want a roll cage is because "it looks nice"

Wow.
You must be new.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM

I dont see the issue in liking a certain part if its intended for show purposes. Sorry I dont feel like my intended purposes for my car are to eventually roll it over one day. But thanks for the input, such a friendly guy
Old 10-09-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Do a search, it's been covered many times. Almost all of the pre made rollbars are designed to allow use of the factory soft top.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/957...-3-starts-now/
Thanks brother, Ill keep my eye out then!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Be careful with installation. It's a snug fit, if the install is off a bit, it will rub a bit.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by S~Factor
Be careful with installation. It's a snug fit, if the install is off a bit, it will rub a bit.
Snug's an understatement. My sh%t's so tight I'm noticing all these little holes and tears. I haven't been able to track yet so right now I'm feelin like it's the worst mod ever.
Old 10-10-2012, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by AlbertoUrbina
I dont see the issue in liking a certain part if its intended for show purposes. Sorry I dont feel like my intended purposes for my car are to eventually roll it over one day. But thanks for the input, such a friendly guy
Do you realize what will happen if you ding your head on the roll cage in an accident when you're not wearing a helmet?
Old 10-10-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by nofearofdanger
Originally Posted by AlbertoUrbina' timestamp='1349801795' post='22069864
Do you realize what will happen if you ding your head on the roll cage in an accident when you're not wearing a helmet?
This is what questions were made for. For insight. You just now provided me with something to think about. So, thanks. But next time, don't get an attitude when someone shows interest in an object for its cosmetic appearance. I'm not a race car driver, I just have a deep appreciation for them and enjoy the hobby of modifying.

Once again, thank you for ur input.

Quick Reply: Roll Cages and Soft tops?