S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 Quad Projector

Old 04-18-2018, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default S2000 Quad Projector

Hey Everyone!

I have gave it some thought and would like to proceed in adding a projector into my OEM headlights. Similar to the attached image. What are your thoughts?

I have done this for other cars, and would also like to know if S2K owners are interested and how do i go about advertising on s2ki?
Old 04-19-2018, 07:12 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Meh. I would be more interested in retrofitting a bi-Xenon mechanism/projector into the OEM location. That way the factory look is retained and you get the awesome advantage of HID High Beams.
Old 04-19-2018, 08:49 AM

In this case, not only do you have dual low beam, when the high beam is engaged you have the high beam flap open to give the advantage.

This is what i just built lmk what you think. *** This headlight was a used headlight I picked up for the project... (broken tabs and its a piece of junk, just wanted to prove the concept)
Old 04-19-2018, 02:59 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks good! i would like a silver ring on the other projector as well

If you were to sell these, how much would they be?
Old 04-19-2018, 03:37 PM

New projector only

OEM Only

OEM & Projector

OEM Only

Dude that is so easy to do!

It took me approx 3 hours from start to finish, granted this is my first time on an s2000, I would charge $200 per headlight with ballast 5000k HID, projector, 1 tone paint, new lens seals, and making sure it is aimed properly.

If you need help with install and making it dual low beam / high beam flap that would be so easy to do, i could help out with that as well. I'm about to get my car back from the shop i'll show pics of what it will look like.

One thing i would like to add, this is customizable, you can have it aimed a little to the left / right to really get a complete 180 degree visibility.

Update*** I only have the right side done, if i have the pair i'll let them go for $700
Old 04-20-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

The problem with using an HID as a high beam is they are not the best for flashing. That is why a bi-xenon in the OEM location is better IMHO.

The way you have it configured with a bi-xenon in the OEM high beam location would lead to folks assuming you are running your high beams all the time and flashing you. I had that problem with the fog lights in my '91 Acura Integra where the fog is integrated into the head light assembly at the inner light location. People always assumed it was my high beams and would flash me.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:40 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

The headlights from my buddies old car.

S2000 Quad Projector-lnywgl8.jpg
Old 04-22-2018, 09:02 AM

I would like to add a couple things. The point of adding a projector to the High Beam location IMO is to turn on the low beams and have both projectors turn on. When the high beam is engaged the High Beam Projector Flap opens, creating a normal high beam.

From the images below, you'll see that the OEM housing is lacking a lot of visibility.
  • The projector is a , "frown" which is limiting the light output
  • The projector does not give as much light penetration as the new one
I will be getting NEW Osram High Output D2S bulbs today and i'll update with the pics

OEM Projector

New Projector in OEM (The Cut off/focus of lights is a lot better compared to OEM) Unfortunately these took a lot more time and parts were $$$ compared to High beam location

OEM Projector Using: OEM Bulb/Ballast (+10 years old)

New Projector, OEM Location, Replacement Using: OEM Bulb/Ballast (+10 years old)
Old 04-22-2018, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by jwzimm
The problem with using an HID as a high beam is they are not the best for flashing. That is why a bi-xenon in the OEM location is better IMHO.

The way you have it configured with a bi-xenon in the OEM high beam location would lead to folks assuming you are running your high beams all the time and flashing you. I had that problem with the fog lights in my '91 Acura Integra where the fog is integrated into the head light assembly at the inner light location. People always assumed it was my high beams and would flash me.
If both beams are aimed properly i don't believe you would have this problem.
Old 04-24-2018, 09:31 PM

OEM Projector - Different headlight

New Oem Replacement Projector

Quick Reply: S2000 Quad Projector