S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Spoon Seat

Old 12-09-2014, 01:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Spoon Seat

Hi guys, just want to ask if someone use the spoon seat in the s2k and if has room to maintain the stock seat belt, between the bucket seat and the transmission tunel. Thanks
Old 12-09-2014, 11:08 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by trackfreeks
Hi guys, just want to ask if someone use the spoon seat in the s2k and if has room to maintain the stock seat belt, between the bucket seat and the transmission tunel. Thanks
the stock seat belt receptacle will mount to the rail not to the seat, so it depends on your rail, but I haven't seen a problem with stock receptacle not fitting to a variety of rails including (taitec, buddy club, bride, nagisa) and endless seat combinations including (bride zeta, zodia, recaro pole position, spg, sparco, etc).

When mounted the OEM seat belt receptacle will be difficult to access through the lap harness guide, so you will want to use a seat belt extension:
seatbeltextenderpros.com

Then you will want to guide the stock belt through the inside of the left lap harness guide before securing it to the oem chassis mount. This makes use of the stock safety system safely allowing it to lock up against your lap and your shoulder in the event of a crash.

I have seen too many people just bolt the seat in with the shoulder/lap belt left as is and not use a seatbelt extender to the point where the belt goes over the seat hip bolster with out even touching the individual's body. This is incredibly dangerous and gives fixed bucket seats a bad name.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gptoyz
Originally Posted by trackfreeks' timestamp='1418120798' post='23431388
the stock seat belt receptacle will mount to the rail not to the seat, so it depends on your rail, but I haven't seen a problem with stock receptacle not fitting to a variety of rails including (taitec, buddy club, bride, nagisa) and endless seat combinations including (bride zeta, zodia, recaro pole position, spg, sparco, etc).

When mounted the OEM seat belt receptacle will be difficult to access through the lap harness guide, so you will want to use a seat belt extension:
seatbeltextenderpros.com

Then you will want to guide the stock belt through the inside of the left lap harness guide before securing it to the oem chassis mount. This makes use of the stock safety system safely allowing it to lock up against your lap and your shoulder in the event of a crash.

I have seen too many people just bolt the seat in with the shoulder/lap belt left as is and not use a seatbelt extender to the point where the belt goes over the seat hip bolster with out even touching the individual's body. This is incredibly dangerous and gives fixed bucket seats a bad name.
To the OP, Yes, Spoon seats fit fine in the S2k. There are a number of members that are running them. The previous owner of my car ran a Spoon seat and 4 point harness. I'm sure it works with the factory seat belt as well.

What type of extender is everyone using? Regular or Rigid? Also length?

-Thanks
Old 12-11-2014, 03:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the feedback
Old 12-11-2014, 11:30 AM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by kueda
To the OP, Yes, Spoon seats fit fine in the S2k. There are a number of members that are running them. The previous owner of my car ran a Spoon seat and 4 point harness. I'm sure it works with the factory seat belt as well. What type of extender is everyone using? Regular or Rigid? Also length? -Thanks
It's going to depend on the application.

But you are going to want to run the shortest length that allows the lap belt and shoulder to secure as much of your body as possible.

Basically you want it to be as OEM as possible.