S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Stylish Short Ram Intake

Old 05-27-2013, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stylish Short Ram Intake

Hello, I recently picked up a 02 s2k with 50,000 miles on it. The mod bug has hit me and im ready to start spending money. I plan to keep the car as clean and "show ready" as possible as the build goes on.

However, I have been searching for intakes and the only short ram intake with support I can find is the K&N FIPK. Dont get me wrong that is a great intake, but I am looking for something polished or anodized. The K&N just doesnt have enough "flash" for me.

Is it possible to get the K&N intake completely repainted on the outside?

Im looking for a short ram intake that looks beautiful (polished preferred) are there any other good options on the market?

Ive seen other short ram intakes such as the Injen, but have heard they are worse than stock. If I ran a short ram like Injen into a heat shield like the FIPK and have the heat shield infront of the motor as well, would I yield the same gains as the K&N? how about with another short ram?

I do not want a cold air intake.

thanks for the help
Old 05-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well you have a couple options:
1. is the PRM intake if you can find the polished style (or i've seen the PRM wrapped in a reflective gold foil that looks baller)

or 2. build your own K&N 'style.' You can order the heatshield directly from k&n then buy an ebay intake and powder coat the arm + slap on a nicer filter (or make your own arm with a 90 deg. bend + straight section
Old 05-27-2013, 02:27 PM

maybe just wrap the arm and actually filter housing (not the couplings) to make the PRM look clean:
Old 05-27-2013, 03:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The ARC intake is pretty "stylish" and rare. From what I have had it probably has zero performance benefits and heat soaks. It definitely looks nice though

I had the Comptech icebox. The cf box was nice but the plastic intake arm is pretty bland
Old 05-27-2013, 05:09 PM

Greddy use to sell a metal intake arm that was polished and burnt so you had some crazy colors on it like their exhaust tips
Old 05-27-2013, 05:27 PM

I like the PRM intake im just worried it says minimal gains if any with this unit. Im looking for a functional design that looks good too.

@Drobinson i really like that do it yourself K&N style! gives me alot of options to play with. Do you know if the gains are the same as the K&N or if theres any at all?

Im not a fan of the huge box intakes.

@croftoncustoms do you have any info on this? Ive looked but can only find turbo pipes
Old 05-27-2013, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by benes2k
I like the PRM intake im just worried it says minimal gains if any with this unit. Im looking for a functional design that looks good too.

@Drobinson i really like that do it yourself K&N style! gives me alot of options to play with. Do you know if the gains are the same as the K&N or if theres any at all?

Im not a fan of the huge box intakes.

@croftoncustoms do you have any info on this? Ive looked but can only find turbo pipes
The gains should be the same as K&N. I mean, it's sucking air from the same spot...

I think croftoncustoms was talking about the GT design intake arm: for use with the mugen intake or stock box
Old 05-27-2013, 06:49 PM

wow that arm looks really good. maybe ill fab something up to that.

thanks for the info guys
Old 05-28-2013, 03:25 AM

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/...553/parts.aspx

Old 05-28-2013, 04:52 AM
Community Organizer

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

or you can get the J's racing one. or the PJDM replica.

Quick Reply: Stylish Short Ram Intake