S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Test pipe 07?

Old 04-27-2017, 05:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Test pipe 07?

what is a no brainier test pipe with stock sensor? (because where i'm from we just knock out the honeycomb
Old 04-27-2017, 07:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have a stock exhaust . I have a 2008 and I picked up a 60mm test pipe ( invidia) & just ran to my local parts store & scoop up a set up anti foulers drilled 1 out with a half inch drill bit. I slapped that thing on and it's working great , no check engine light.. pair that up with a flash pro & gernby tune & you'll have a new kind of monster on your hands.. good luck sir , hope this helps
Old 04-27-2017, 09:02 PM

so how do i get a grenby tune?
Old 04-27-2017, 09:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With flashpro you can just disable to secondary o2 sensor so you do get the check engine light.
Old 04-28-2017, 03:17 PM

so how do i get a grenby tune?
Old 04-28-2017, 03:37 PM

You should be able to pm him & with a few pm exchanges, he could explain the process.. or you could always find your local dyno & tuner to help out with your tuning. Hope that helps. Not to thread jack , but just a quick question for you orleansjunky , do you ever get any weird hesitation issues while driving or maybe just while excelerating sometimes , my 2008 has done this a few times , supposedly the flash pro will help this out as well. I just installed my test pipe & puffo intake , I'm getting ready to order my flash pro myself & start the tuning process.. from the reviews I've read about the gernby tunes he really knows how to dial these things inn. But I'm still tossing over the idea of going to my local tuner & dyno. So we will see & I'll report back..
Old 04-28-2017, 09:16 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 05s2k05s2k
You should be able to pm him & with a few pm exchanges, he could explain the process.. or you could always find your local dyno & tuner to help out with your tuning. Hope that helps. Not to thread jack , but just a quick question for you orleansjunky , do you ever get any weird hesitation issues while driving or maybe just while excelerating sometimes , my 2008 has done this a few times , supposedly the flash pro will help this out as well. I just installed my test pipe & puffo intake , I'm getting ready to order my flash pro myself & start the tuning process.. from the reviews I've read about the gernby tunes he really knows how to dial these things inn. But I'm still tossing over the idea of going to my local tuner & dyno. So we will see & I'll report back..
If you are talking about the hesitation around 3k once you try and put some heavy throttle in then yes flashpro and the included stock tune will fix this. But with the test pipe a custom tune will really change the car. If those are the only mods you have then I say an E tune will work perfectly fine and save a ton of money, if you had a turbo or engine work then I would say in person would be best. I am also pretty sure gernby designed the pufflo intake so he would know the most on how to tune for it the best.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:31 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just completed a tune with Gernby and I would highly recommend going that route. He can do wonders for your car even with just a HFC. I was able to find a 5 mile stretch of highway between two exits which also had a rest stop in each direction in the middle so it made the datalogging easy. 2 rounds and I was done.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:00 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

Berk 63.5mm high flow cat will do what you want and be responsible as well.

The Gernby FlashPRO tune transformed my '06 S2000 by adding a startling amount of mid-range power and torque. Car accelerated so fast in the lower gears I installed a red line alarm/beeper. Rings like an alarm clock in the lower gears with beeps 300rpm apart. VTEC is 3600rpm. No time for me to watch the tach, just listen!

My car dynoed at 221bhp at the rear wheels after the Gernby tune. No "before" data. Mustang dyno is reputed to under-state the power vs other dynos. Peak power is, of course, just "mine is bigger than yours," it's the power under the curve that transforms the car.

Fuel use seems unchanged.

-- Chuck
Old 04-29-2017, 07:01 AM

Thanks very much steelers743 , all of my other s2000's where cable driven , so when I got my 2008 the slight hesitation took me by surprise. And I think your right about just setting up a etune with gernby , that seems like the easier route to go & after so many good reviews, I think it's a no brainer..

thank you you for your feedback as well OSU1978 , can't wait for mine to be a gernby monster as well. My car already pulls way harder with just the puffo & testpipe , I can only imagine how much better it will feel once tuned..

Quick Reply: Test pipe 07?