S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Your Handling Setup (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/your-handling-setup-1112141/)

Sexi2k 01-27-2015 07:16 AM

Your Handling Setup

I've been looking into doing a couple trackdays with my S, but I feel like the handling needs some work. All I have are KW V3 coilovers.

What are your opinions on strut tower bars, sway bars, etc?

What setup do you guys have to increase handling?

Back S2k 01-27-2015 07:33 AM

why don't you drive the car and work on driver mod and figure out what you need/want from the car before throwing a bunch of shit on it?

p.s. strut bars on this car don't do dick.

thomsbrain 01-27-2015 07:55 AM

You already have more than you need to start learning how to drive on track.

Save your money for track brake pads and fluid. You will need those long before you need any suspension changes.

jst2878 01-27-2015 11:40 AM

Brake pads, fluid, tires

Sexi2k 01-27-2015 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Back S2k (Post 23483281)
why don't you drive the car and work on driver mod and figure out what you need/want from the car before throwing a bunch of shit on it?

I'm asking cause the S is a different car than most, with superior handling abilities already. I've also read that STB don't work on our cars so therefore I'm asking what DOES work. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything then.

I have driven track couple times in a miata and I feel the S doesn't have as good handling stock as my miata with koni yellows with gc and sway bars. There is a lot of body roll compared to the miata. Thus, I'm seeking opinions.

Sexi2k 01-27-2015 03:01 PM

Pads, fluids, and tires are given.

I want to know if sway bars help the car hang through corners better. Significantly or minor?

flanders 01-27-2015 10:36 PM

How does your alignment look like?

plAythiNG 01-27-2015 10:57 PM

just go to the track and get seat time. no mods and u will go faster!

Bullwings 01-28-2015 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Sexi2k (Post 23483821)

Originally Posted by Back S2k' timestamp='1422376400' post='23483281

I'm asking cause the S is a different car than most, with superior handling abilities already. I've also read that STB don't work on our cars so therefore I'm asking what DOES work. If you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything then.

I have driven track couple times in a miata and I feel the S doesn't have as good handling stock as my miata with koni yellows with gc and sway bars. There is a lot of body roll compared to the miata. Thus, I'm seeking opinions.

Driver mod works. It really does.

Body roll does not necessarily mean the car handles poorly. Likewise, lack of body roll does not mean a car handles well.

Some people seem to mistakenly equate stiff suspension with minimal body roll as good handling - no.

A 16kg coilover setup with poor dampening that cannot control the springs will turn slower lap times than a 10kg setup with the appropriate digressive valving curves.

Again, driver mod - it works and is transferable from car to car.

To echo the others, the only musts are: brake pads, fluids, alignment.

aeonracer 01-28-2015 03:42 AM

The full adjust ability of the KW V3's is the only "handling mod" you need apart from seat time and some basic shock tuning knowledge. Get someone that knows what they're doing help you with the shocks and make sure you have a good set of tires, then just get out there and drive the car.