S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/)
-   -   F22c in AP1 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/f22c-ap1-848580/)

s2000Junky 10-25-2012 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE (Post 22105987)
After valve adjustment, compression numbers came back awesome!!! Be on the look out for this turning into a build thread next year, possibly in another forum :)

Sweet! Got to like dodging that bullet with just an adjustment.

JUSTINTHECOASTIE 10-25-2012 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 22108037)

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE' timestamp='1351108032' post='22105987
After valve adjustment, compression numbers came back awesome!!! Be on the look out for this turning into a build thread next year, possibly in another forum :)

Sweet! Got to like dodging that bullet with just an adjustment.

Yes indeed. Next on the list is a OEM hardtop that I'm hoping to get next weekend if my leave gets approved.

Dizmm 11-13-2012 02:34 PM

Just swapped out my AP1 motor with an AP2 in my 01 S2k. It was a very easy swap overall. I used all my original electronics, intake mani, fuel rail, and injectors. Still running the stock ECU. All runs perfect so far.

Going to use a VAFC and squeeze a few mor HP's out of it hopefully.

1NotoriousS2K 11-13-2012 03:46 PM

Keep us posted ^^^

Dizmm 11-13-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by 1NotoriousS2K (Post 22149232)
Keep us posted ^^^

Will Do.

as2000 12-20-2012 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by FUGITIVEX (Post 21204853)
I have an 02 AP1 and swapped in an 05 2.2 engine. I just swapped over all my AP1 parts because my intake manifold was ported. I left my harness on the manfold and swapped it over. Still running my AP1 computer. Car feels great. pulls through the entire power band and breaks loose a lot easier. I am running 4.57 gears but I was on my 2.0 as well. Car has a higher top speed now as well. I can tell the engine needs a tune cause it has some jumps in power. Just waiting on a header, already have AEM V2 intake, hondata thermal gasket, ported manifold, bigger TB, 70mm HFC, HKS 75mm exhaust. So ya it would love a tune. Oh ya running AP1 tranny still. Do it, you'll love it!!!

I have an 02 AP1, and going to swap in an 05' F22C motor. I'm seeking some advise whether I can use the 02' AP1 ECU and tranny? If so, what other mod do I need to do when I swap in the F22C engine...(manifold, throttle body.. will that fit?) .

s2000Junky 12-20-2012 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by as2000 (Post 22223287)

Originally Posted by FUGITIVEX' timestamp='1322846648' post='21204853
I have an 02 AP1 and swapped in an 05 2.2 engine. I just swapped over all my AP1 parts because my intake manifold was ported. I left my harness on the manfold and swapped it over. Still running my AP1 computer. Car feels great. pulls through the entire power band and breaks loose a lot easier. I am running 4.57 gears but I was on my 2.0 as well. Car has a higher top speed now as well. I can tell the engine needs a tune cause it has some jumps in power. Just waiting on a header, already have AEM V2 intake, hondata thermal gasket, ported manifold, bigger TB, 70mm HFC, HKS 75mm exhaust. So ya it would love a tune. Oh ya running AP1 tranny still. Do it, you'll love it!!!

I have an 02 AP1, and going to swap in an 05' F22C motor. I'm seeking some advise whether I can use the 02' AP1 ECU and tranny? If so, what other mod do I need to do when I swap in the F22C engine...(manifold, throttle body.. will that fit?) .

Yes you can. 100% bolt in swap. Running one myself. Keep in mind though, the f22 consumes more fuel then the f20 and your also running the leaner mapped ecu 02-03) If your already running a wideband, you can check your afr to make sure its not running too lean. If your running a TP/higher flow exhaust, breathing mods etc, you very well could be, if your running totally stock with cat, I wouldn't worry about it. But if it is lean, an easy solution I have implemented myself, is to install an adjustable fpr like one AEM makes. Just turn up the fuel pressure a bit as needed and bring your afr down in WOT. $150 solution that works awesome. You can then use your vafc with this to lower vtec and insure your getting a nice fine tune across the entire rpm range. Just make sure to richen up enough with the fpr so you can then have room to subtract fuel in each rpm point with the vafc.

as2000 12-21-2012 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 22223307)

Originally Posted by as2000' timestamp='1356073764' post='22223287
[quote name='FUGITIVEX' timestamp='1322846648' post='21204853']

Yes you can. 100% bolt in swap. Running one myself. Keep in mind though, the f22 consumes more fuel then the f20 and your also running the leaner mapped ecu 02-03) If your already running a wideband, you can check your afr to make sure its not running too lean. If your running a TP/higher flow exhaust, breathing mods etc, you very well could be, if your running totally stock with cat, I wouldn't worry about it. But if it is lean, an easy solution I have implemented myself, is to install an adjustable fpr like one AEM makes. Just turn up the fuel pressure a bit as needed and bring your afr down in WOT. $150 solution that works awesome. You can then use your vafc with this to lower vtec and insure your getting a nice fine tune across the entire rpm range. Just make sure to richen up enough with the fpr so you can then have room to subtract fuel in each rpm point with the vafc.
[/quote]

thanks...mine 02' AP1 has HKS hi-power exhaust, and FIPK intake, everything else is stock (except lower spring, wheel, and cosmetic;).
Anyway, seems like I have 2 options with the F22C swap.
1. Use the 02' ECU, get a AEM Adjustable Fule Pressure Regulator (fpr), and a Vtec Air Flow Controller (vafc). With this setting, do I still need to go to the dealer to reprogram the key?
2. Use the 05' ECU that comes with the F22C motor, and no need to install fpr, nor vafc. But I guess this route, I need to bring my key to the deal to reprogram correct?

Since the F22C motor also comes with the tranny, should I get it replaced? or better stay with my AP1 tranny? Also, someone told me that it needs some work on manifold, throttle body...is it true?
Appreciate... I hope i can get this project rolling over the holiday break. :) * I spun rod with my 02, that's why I'm swapping.

s2000Junky 12-21-2012 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by as2000 (Post 22223919)

Originally Posted by s2000Junky' timestamp='1356075832' post='22223307
[quote name='as2000' timestamp='1356073764' post='22223287']

[/quote]

thanks...mine 02' AP1 has HKS hi-power exhaust, and FIPK intake, everything else is stock (except lower spring, wheel, and cosmetic;).
1. Use the 02' ECU, get a AEM Adjustable Fule Pressure Regulator (fpr), and a Vtec Air Flow Controller (vafc). With this setting, do I still need to go to the dealer to reprogram the key?
2. Use the 05' ECU that comes with the F22C motor, and no need to install fpr, nor vafc. But I guess this route, I need to bring my key to the deal to reprogram correct?

Since the F22C motor also comes with the tranny, should I get it replaced? or better stay with my AP1 tranny? Also, someone told me that it needs some work on manifold, throttle body...is it true?
Appreciate... I hope i can get this project rolling over the holiday break. :) * I spun rod with my 02, that's why I'm swapping.
[/quote]

No key programming required with option 1. Yes with option 2.

Are you still running the oem cat? If you are, then additional fuel is likley not needed.

One other thing to consider with running your 02 ecu, is you will maintain your 9k rpm rev limit on the f22. I found this to be an upgrade as the f22 has no problem running out to that rpm frequently. You will find that the motor continues to pull to 8400-8500rpm and after then levels off and begins to drop. So you are not only gaining added trq and power earlyer in the rpm then what your use to, but an increase from what ap2 users are used to as well.

The 00-05 intake manifold and TB are all 100% bolt on and go, no modding needed.

as2000 01-04-2013 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky (Post 22223946)

Originally Posted by as2000' timestamp='1356108693' post='22223919
[quote name='s2000Junky' timestamp='1356075832' post='22223307']
[quote name='as2000' timestamp='1356073764' post='22223287']

[/quote]

[/quote]

No key programming required with option 1. Yes with option 2.

Are you still running the oem cat? If you are, then additional fuel is likley not needed.

One other thing to consider with running your 02 ecu, is you will maintain your 9k rpm rev limit on the f22. I found this to be an upgrade as the f22 has no problem running out to that rpm frequently. You will find that the motor continues to pull to 8400-8500rpm and after then levels off and begins to drop. So you are not only gaining added trq and power earlyer in the rpm then what your use to, but an increase from what ap2 users are used to as well.

The 00-05 intake manifold and TB are all 100% bolt on and go, no modding needed.
[/quote]

Thanks s2000Junky!
I kept hearing people saying to keep their AP1 tranny with the AP2 motor swap. any reason? I thought newer tranny (AP2) usually better than the old one (AP1).