S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

j's exhaust ap2 fitment issue

Old 12-14-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default j's exhaust ap2 fitment issue

to all the AP2 & J's exhaust owners out there, how u guys overcome the fitment issues? even on j's own website it says all the j's exhaust r not meant for USA AP2. i want to get a 70RS dual but i'm afraid of spending $1300 and find out exhaust don't fit or rattle or whatever due to fitment issues. anyone have any luck with 70RS dual fitting in AP2?

thanks all!
Old 12-15-2012, 06:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What year ap2 do you have? I have an 05 ap2 with the Js 70rs single and fitment is spot on. However when we installed a js 70rr on my buddies 07 s2k it wasn't perfect. It was doable but the tie bar in the rear did not fit with the exhaust.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kslav
What year ap2 do you have? I have an 05 ap2 with the Js 70rs single and fitment is spot on. However when we installed a js 70rr on my buddies 07 s2k it wasn't perfect. It was doable but the tie bar in the rear did not fit with the exhaust.

I have an 06 ap2 with a dual 60rs and at first the things hit the exhaust tunnel when cold and rattled like crazy.. We had to trim down some small metal beam than goes across the tunnel around the bpipe area but I dont know what its called at all... Then we figured out one of the hangers was a problem so we didnt use all of the oem hangers and its been fine ever since.. Evasive which is where I got my exhaust from stated on 06 and higher model years the exhaust tunnel is shaped differently so j's will fit better on previous years.. They told me the rear sway bar or tie bar (dont remember) will also be a problem with the 70rs as well which is why I got the 60rs.. Ive been happy with it mated to a hfc and flashed my ecu as well but im trying to find away to lower the drone and vibrations I know have in my trunk.. I love the look,style and quality of j's but if I had to do it again Id get something quieter since i daily drive my car
Old 12-16-2012, 09:19 AM

Thx guys 4 ur opinion. I have a 08. So I likely run into similar issue. The loudness of the exhaust doesn't bother me since the car is not dd. But I refuse to spent $1300+. On an exhaust that isn't going to fit. I guess I have to go other route.

What else has titanium tip n loud. Not invidia!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:26 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can go the Amuse R1 route but that's very pricey, I'm not sure onc the fitment on the greddy spectrum SE but it's kinda what you're looking for. Give evasive a call and they will be able to give you more info
Old 12-16-2012, 04:13 PM

Its not that hard to make it fit. Plus J's is known to be one of the best and guaranteed hp
Old 12-17-2012, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by aznsupastar
Thx guys 4 ur opinion. I have a 08. So I likely run into similar issue. The loudness of the exhaust doesn't bother me since the car is not dd. But I refuse to spent $1300+. On an exhaust that isn't going to fit. I guess I have to go other route.

its not titanium but the berk 3" header back was <3

id look into challenge single exit as well

and maybe toda new 3 inch
Old 12-18-2012, 07:46 AM

mmm...is it just me or did the Greddy SE used to be under $1000 when it first came out and now it's $1300?! that's the same price as j's! but damn u j's why don't u make it fit a AP2!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mugen has titanium mufflers but the piping is stainless. Saves weight over stock, but doesn't produce a lot of extra hp. Maybe not what you are looking for in the loud catagory. To me it is the perfect combo.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by aznsupastar

Both the j's 60 and 70 RS will not fit without some alterations underneath the car to my06 or higher but its very minimal.. Im not handy for shit and luckily work at a honda store so had my tech friends put my car on a lift and do what they had to do which was not to use all the hangers and 2nd trim down so little bar that goes across the exhaust tunnel which was all done in 15mins and I havent had an issue with it since..The fit n finish of the j's is 2nd to none ,proven to gain power especially with a tune which I did, best of all the 60rs tips angle to the sides a bit which from my research is the only exhaust built that way so I smile everytime I look at my car from behind and always get questions n compliments about it

Quick Reply: j's exhaust ap2 fitment issue