S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/)
-   -   Js Racing 60RS or 70RS? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-naturally-aspirated-forum-213/javascript-racing-60rs-70rs-1207213/)

sgarage 04-06-2021 06:04 AM

Js Racing 60RS or 70RS?

I'm trying to decide what exhaust to order. Looking at Js Racing 60RS & 70RS single exit, price difference is nominal. I plan to daily the car all summer. I don't mind loud exhaust but I also don't want it to be so loud I can't hear anything but exhaust (like the 70RR). I do want it to be louder and sound better than the stock exhaust. Anyone with experience with these systems have some input for me? Based on what I've been reading the 60RS is very similar to the stock exhaust as far as loudness, just sounds better. Open to other suggestions for exhaust too - I ordered HKS Hi-Power system from Moddiction and was told HKS exhaust is on a 3+ month backorder.

spaded.racer 04-06-2021 10:44 AM

Sound and loudness is very subjective. The HKS would be the best single for a daily driven car IMO.

My HKS droned on the expressway, so much so I ended up selling it after a few years.

I don't have any experience with 60mm exhausts but I think dailying any single exhaust on an S2000 would prove to be tiring.

sgarage 04-06-2021 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by spaded.racer (Post 24832072)
Sound and loudness is very subjective. The HKS would be the best single for a daily driven car IMO.

My HKS droned on the expressway, so much so I ended up selling it after a few years.

I don't have any experience with 60mm exhausts but I think dailying any single exhaust on an S2000 would prove to be tiring.

I suppose, although this system does come with a silencer, so I could throw that in for my work commute or for longer highway drives if I wanted to quiet it down.

Scigheras 04-06-2021 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by sgarage (Post 24831993)
the 60RS is very similar to the stock exhaust as far as loudness

lol

sgarage 04-06-2021 12:03 PM

@Scigheras I take it your experience says otherwise? Lots of mixed reviews on that exhaust based on several previous forum posts I looked at

rednikos 04-07-2021 06:46 AM

60 one way road

Scigheras 04-07-2021 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by sgarage (Post 24832092)
@Scigheras I take it your experience says otherwise? Lots of mixed reviews on that exhaust based on several previous forum posts I looked at

Well tbh I never heard it in person but just looking at the design it is physically impossible for it to be not a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust.
You are going from a large resonator plus two absolutely MASSIVE back boxes on the stock exhaust to just 2 medium/smallish resonators.
Similar loudness just isn't going to happen.

sgarage 04-07-2021 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scigheras (Post 24832439)
Well tbh I never heard it in person but just looking at the design it is physically impossible for it to be not a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust.
You are going from a large resonator plus two absolutely MASSIVE back boxes on the stock exhaust to just 2 medium/smallish resonators.
Similar loudness just isn't going to happen.

Well see, you seem to have assumed I had applied logic to my decision making process :LOL:
That makes a lot of sense. I'm having a really hard time making a decision on exhaust since I don't know of very many people in MN with s2000s so I don't have opportunities to hear systems in person. I'm relying heavily on what I'm reading and it seems like there is lots of misinformation out there.

Scigheras 04-08-2021 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by sgarage (Post 24832480)
Well see, you seem to have assumed I had applied logic to my decision making process :LOL:
That makes a lot of sense. I'm having a really hard time making a decision on exhaust since I don't know of very many people in MN with s2000s so I don't have opportunities to hear systems in person. I'm relying heavily on what I'm reading and it seems like there is lots of misinformation out there.

It's not even misinformation per se, it's just that some people are more deaf than others, or are used more/less to loud cars, making info on "how loud is this exhaust" sort of useless since everybody experiences it differently.
One of those things where it would be great if there was some way in which you were able to test a part before buying it, unfortunately that's not the case...
Best bet is to still try and go listen to as many as possible other S2000's out there, if you are reading online only make conclusions between two exhausts from experience from the same person, or look at scientific data like dB readings.
In the end it will always be a gamble to some extent, like with most aftermarket car parts.