S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Js Racing 60RS or 70RS?

Old 04-06-2021, 06:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Js Racing 60RS or 70RS?

I'm trying to decide what exhaust to order. Looking at Js Racing 60RS & 70RS single exit, price difference is nominal. I plan to daily the car all summer. I don't mind loud exhaust but I also don't want it to be so loud I can't hear anything but exhaust (like the 70RR). I do want it to be louder and sound better than the stock exhaust. Anyone with experience with these systems have some input for me? Based on what I've been reading the 60RS is very similar to the stock exhaust as far as loudness, just sounds better. Open to other suggestions for exhaust too - I ordered HKS Hi-Power system from Moddiction and was told HKS exhaust is on a 3+ month backorder.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Sound and loudness is very subjective. The HKS would be the best single for a daily driven car IMO.

My HKS droned on the expressway, so much so I ended up selling it after a few years.

I don't have any experience with 60mm exhausts but I think dailying any single exhaust on an S2000 would prove to be tiring.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by spaded.racer
Sound and loudness is very subjective. The HKS would be the best single for a daily driven car IMO.

My HKS droned on the expressway, so much so I ended up selling it after a few years.

I don't have any experience with 60mm exhausts but I think dailying any single exhaust on an S2000 would prove to be tiring.
I suppose, although this system does come with a silencer, so I could throw that in for my work commute or for longer highway drives if I wanted to quiet it down.
Old 04-06-2021, 11:56 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sgarage
the 60RS is very similar to the stock exhaust as far as loudness
lol
The following users liked this post:
Seanlhy (07-18-2021)
Old 04-06-2021, 12:03 PM

@Scigheras I take it your experience says otherwise? Lots of mixed reviews on that exhaust based on several previous forum posts I looked at
Old 04-07-2021, 06:46 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

60 one way road
Old 04-07-2021, 02:01 PM

@Scigheras I take it your experience says otherwise? Lots of mixed reviews on that exhaust based on several previous forum posts I looked at
Well tbh I never heard it in person but just looking at the design it is physically impossible for it to be not a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust.
You are going from a large resonator plus two absolutely MASSIVE back boxes on the stock exhaust to just 2 medium/smallish resonators.
Similar loudness just isn't going to happen.
Old 04-07-2021, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Scigheras
Well tbh I never heard it in person but just looking at the design it is physically impossible for it to be not a whole lot louder than the stock exhaust.
You are going from a large resonator plus two absolutely MASSIVE back boxes on the stock exhaust to just 2 medium/smallish resonators.
Similar loudness just isn't going to happen.
Well see, you seem to have assumed I had applied logic to my decision making process
That makes a lot of sense. I'm having a really hard time making a decision on exhaust since I don't know of very many people in MN with s2000s so I don't have opportunities to hear systems in person. I'm relying heavily on what I'm reading and it seems like there is lots of misinformation out there.
Old 04-08-2021, 12:09 PM

Well see, you seem to have assumed I had applied logic to my decision making process
That makes a lot of sense. I'm having a really hard time making a decision on exhaust since I don't know of very many people in MN with s2000s so I don't have opportunities to hear systems in person. I'm relying heavily on what I'm reading and it seems like there is lots of misinformation out there.
It's not even misinformation per se, it's just that some people are more deaf than others, or are used more/less to loud cars, making info on "how loud is this exhaust" sort of useless since everybody experiences it differently.
One of those things where it would be great if there was some way in which you were able to test a part before buying it, unfortunately that's not the case...
Best bet is to still try and go listen to as many as possible other S2000's out there, if you are reading online only make conclusions between two exhausts from experience from the same person, or look at scientific data like dB readings.
In the end it will always be a gamble to some extent, like with most aftermarket car parts.