S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

URGE designs S2000 Street & Track Build

Old 08-05-2014, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cmcd1984
I can't really express how pleased I am at seeing this product being develop. Everyone needs to understand that this is still work in progress and the real juicy stuff is still to come. The real difference will be once there is a plenum and chamber/air box that feeds cooler air to the system. The challenge will be making a plenum design that will not be restricted to funnel #4 as its closest to the master cylinder and the longest in length. Overall i'm really impressed and am eagerly waiting for what comes next.
Patrick / Urge,

Are you planning to work on a plenum and chamber/air box for the ITB similar to what Toda has created? it will be interesting see the final product.

Old 08-06-2014, 06:57 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
... I'm sure with a bigger exhaust and more displacement, the gains would be more significant.
There may be some level of NA power where a larger diameter exhaust would increase gains, but my full system (with expansion chamber, integrated HFC, and dingle muffler) performs better than the 3" Berk Single (test pipe version) at this power level. I actually believe that the presence of the expansion chamber in the system is why the gains from the ITB's seem lower than expected.

On another note, I've spent more time working on the setup and tune, and have found significantly more area under the curve. Torque is up 2-4 ft-lbs from 3K-7K. Once I find the limit, I'll do another dyno test.
Old 08-06-2014, 07:41 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Gernby your mid pipe wouldn't work with a hytech header would it?
Old 08-06-2014, 08:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by juntsky
Gernby your mid pipe wouldn't work with a hytech header would it?
It would "work" with anything, but it wouldn't fix the inherent problems with a sequential header. Of course, that's way off topic.
Old 08-30-2014, 03:43 PM

Bump
Old 09-08-2014, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Urge
Another thing to remember, all other ITB dynos I have seen are vs an untuned engine. Gernby and URGE both believe the first mod you should always get is a tune. Stock F20C have been known to get 10-15 HP (not including the VTEC lower bump) through out the RPM with just a tune. F22C are a little less so more than half the gains advertised on typical ITB before and after are from Hondas conservative, match all climate tunes plus a mid range bump from lowering of VTEC which you can do with out any bolt on mods.

Gernby has VERY optimized intake and exhaust system and I was worried we would loose usable racing power, but we didnt we gained. I have another dyno showing 5-15 HP through out an F22C over a highly tuned and optimized system.

If you want to keep OBD-II then Flash Pro or K Pro, if you don't care about OBD-II then AEM infinity. Tune your car first, then start making big bolt on modifications to see what is really going on. Any gains made with out tuning are simply leaning out the Honda tune at WOT. You don't know what you really gained till you adjust fuel, timing, etc.
Thank you. Interesting advice. Perhaps this should be a sticky.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:36 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

We have been making a lot of "tweaks" over the last month with the DBW stuff. So should be some updates over the next week or 2.

Biggest problem is getting the DBW ecu to like the ITBs. That is tough.

If someone goes AEM, shouldnt be an issue, but Flash Pro is tough.

Patrick

Old 10-05-2014, 10:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gernby was nice enough to let me take a couple of runs in the ITB car at yesterday's autocross. The power and throttle response were very impressive. I was able to short shift in a couple of places where I couldn't in my S2000 to help the flow of the course and it just kept pulling like a freight train.

Throttle response was instant but no problems with modulation. First run in the car got me 3rd fastest time overall for the event. A few more tries and I think I could have gotten FTD.

No real comments on standard driveability but there was no stalling or bucking going around the block from the paddock to the course.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:11 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Miatamoto
Gernby was nice enough to let me take a couple of runs in the ITB car at yesterday's autocross. The power and throttle response were very impressive. I was able to short shift in a couple of places where I couldn't in my S2000 to help the flow of the course and it just kept pulling like a freight train.

Throttle response was instant but no problems with modulation. First run in the car got me 3rd fastest time overall for the event. A few more tries and I think I could have gotten FTD.

No real comments on standard driveability but there was no stalling or bucking going around the block from the paddock to the course.
I enjoyed watching you drive my car, since I rarely get to see it from the outside! Although, it was a bit sucky that your first run in my car was faster than my best run of the day...

Here's some video from inside and out.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEgwRzFZnPs[/media]
Old 10-05-2014, 12:16 PM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Are you still running those ITB's tuned on the Flashpro?

Quick Reply: URGE designs S2000 Street & Track Build