S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Autox Alignment and Crap Shop Alignment

Old 11-30-2011, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autox Alignment and Crap Shop Alignment

So I have an autox meet coming up and I went to get my alignmet done for the track. I tell the guy what I want and he gives me the results that are totally off. So tomorrow I setup a appointment to get a second alignment and a second opinion here are the numbers!

Suspension upgrades
Epsiler Springs on stock shocks 20mm drop in front and 30mm in the rear

REQUESTED
Front
Toe= 1/8" out (3.175mm)
Camber= -1.5degs
Caster= The max he could get out and then match both sides and be greater than 6degs since that is stock specs

Rear
Toe= 1/4" in (6.35mm)
Camber= -2.1degs

This was what I wanted to help control oversteer and increase cornering ablity
Old 11-30-2011, 02:00 PM

RESULTS
Front
Toe out= 0.1mm
Camber= -0.5degs
Caster= 6.5degs

Rear
Toe in= +1mm on the left and + 1.7 on the right
Camber= -1.6

Is this bs? He told me that this is the max he could go. Which I think is crap! Let me know what you guys think I will also be tracking on toyo RA1s
Thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

BS
Old 11-30-2011, 02:39 PM

I figured, I do not even think that my requested numbers is that agressive other than the toe.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

When I did mine it took a lot of messing to get the camber in -1.7 and -2.7 in the rear. The toe didn't want to cooperate. That was done at Toyota's alignment rack. Luckily my buddy used to work there. We spent about 1.25 hrs messing with the car. This car feels like it takes a little loving to get the specs there. when I did mine on base the guy could only gt the stock specs. It all depends on the guy and what he is willing to do. It sounds like total bs and he doesn't have any experience and was just "To hell with his, this is what he is getting!"
Old 11-30-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BS

Assuming nothing is bent or pushed out of place it should be easy to get the numbers you asked for.

That’s why I learned how to do my own alignments using toe plates and a digital level. So I would not have to deal with people that just don’t care if they do a bad job.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:55 PM

I agree Tyler, I think he did not know what he was doing and just wanted to get it out of there. If I am paying the money and the person tells me it should be no problem well I expect results. The guy I talked to at Smith seemed pretty cool and said he would do his best and get it a least over stock specs. I hate not having the equipment to do work on my car when I have the know how.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by rjones
BS

Assuming nothing is bent or pushed out of place it should be easy to get the numbers you asked for.

That’s why I learned how to do my own alignments using toe plates and a digital level. So I would not have to deal with people that just don’t care if they do a bad job.
I will to look into this, I just feel that with the proper equipment they will be able to get a much more precise alignment.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by anarchy187
Is this bs? He told me that this is the max he could go.
This looks like he just set the alignment to the limits of the factory-specified ranges. A lot of alignment shops will only align to factory-approved specs; maybe that's what he meant by "the max he could go".
Old 11-30-2011, 03:55 PM

Possibly but I doubt it cause he told me he would do my settings that I requested or as close to them as possible.

Quick Reply: Autox Alignment and Crap Shop Alignment