S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build

Old 10-30-2017, 06:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aw man, wish I knew you were looking for wheels. Have these 17x9 + 48 TRM C3's collecting dust.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If everything goes to plan, I'll be joining the fray in HPDE+ next year. Couldn't swing enough money to make the car competitive this year, just tires and brakes good enough to get seat time. So, hoping my financial situation is looking better when the time comes.

Originally Posted by nbauti2
Aw man, wish I knew you were looking for wheels. Have these 17x9 + 48 TRM C3's collecting dust.
Where are you located? I might be interested.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aabatteries
If everything goes to plan, I'll be joining the fray in HPDE+ next year. Couldn't swing enough money to make the car competitive this year, just tires and brakes good enough to get seat time. So, hoping my financial situation is looking better when the time comes.
Come and have some fun!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by JackieD
Well now that the actual season is over, I'll be starting the development of the car over the winter and document it all here.
First and foremost, I want to say Thank You to Stance Suspensions for sponsoring me and providing me with a set of new and custom-valved XR1. Spring rates are 14K front and 12K rear. I'll have a more detailed write-up coming soon.
A few more things planned/happening: a minor engine refresh with new air filter and valve adjustable is planned and on the way. A set of 17x9 +63 TRMotorsports C3s have been purchased, but I'll get the 255 tires for them come Spring. A custom tune to maximize the engine's potential will be happening in November.

Can't wait to get this off-season started!
I've got all the valve adjustment stuff. We can do this track side in the morning if you'd like. Your car is 06+ right? If so, you should definitely take a look as it runs a bit leaner, so tighter settings can transfer too much heat to the valves.

Shameless self plug for hooking up some wheels :P.

Removing the cat and lowering VTEC engagement really helps improve the mid-range. Have you already purchased Flashpro?
Old 11-09-2017, 09:36 AM

UPDATE #2 11/9/2017 (The original post is updated too, posting this here for ease of access)

With the season over, we now focus on the long Michigan winter and the upgrades that will be happening. Firstly, I will be shaking down the custom XR1s from Stance Sunspension this weekend at NCM Motorsports Park and can't wait to see how a set of proper suspension will change the car.

As for other upgrades, I have purchased a Braille b2015 battery (OEM one is bad and need replacing) and BalladeSport Bolt-in Oil Pan. The car is scheduled for a tune by MSpec Tuning in Chicago in 2 weeks, so the valves were checked (and found to be perfectly within spec) along with new spark plugs. There will be another coming soon.
Also: a rather iconic livery is being planned for the car and will be DIYed over the winter. It's far from complicated but I think it'll be well worth the effort. Very excited!
Old 11-09-2017, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by THMotorsports
I've got all the valve adjustment stuff. We can do this track side in the morning if you'd like. Your car is 06+ right? If so, you should definitely take a look as it runs a bit leaner, so tighter settings can transfer too much heat to the valves.

Shameless self plug for hooking up some wheels :P.

Removing the cat and lowering VTEC engagement really helps improve the mid-range. Have you already purchased Flashpro?
Valve Adjustments have been done this past weekend (I say that, the valves were actually totally fine and did not need adjustments at all. At least they have been checked.
The wheels are great! Currently sitting cozily in my basement awaiting new rubber.
The car is already on a test pipe and has a Flashpro tune. Will be getting custom tune from MSpec next weekend.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:27 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Let me know if your engine is more noisy with the Ballade tray.
Also, you only need to remove the two bottom bolts on the AC compressor, leave the thing bolted to the pan.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aabatteries
If I don't have to relocate for work I too will be joining you two in HPDE+.
Let's hope we make it a trio of kick ass S's at Gridlife next season.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by FZXtreme
If I don't have to relocate for work I too will be joining you two in HPDE+.
Let's hope we make it a trio of kick ass S's at Gridlife next season.
Hope you can come join us! We need all the S2Ks we can get in HPDE+ to fight the V8s and E46 M3s hah.

The new Stance XR1s changed the car COMPLETELY. The best way for me to describe is a feeling of stiffness and response: whereas before, when I turn the steering wheel, the car will have to take a moment to load up and grip, that feeling is now gone. Now as soon as I give any steering input, the front tires would just grip and go. The responsiveness and directness of the front axle is exactly what I've been looking for. Even during high-speed transitions, the car is never skittish, but it's just sharp and focused. I absolutely love it.
Meanwhile, the car had been strapped to a dyno and Mikey from MSpec Tuning has worked his magic on it. From a baseline (on the Toda Header Map from Hondata Flashpro) of 192 WHP, Mikey squeezed out 215 WHP. Max Increase of 23 and a lot nicer looking in terms of smoothness.

CAN'T WAIT to get back on the track and test out the difference! This thing will be completely changed for sure. 13.1% power increase is incredible.
More updates to come...
Old 11-24-2017, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're gonna make me and my car look slow as a snail out there!

Quick Reply: Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build