S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   Budget HPDE+(Street Limited) Time Attack Build (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/budget-hpde-street-limited-time-attack-build-1176432/)

wutah 11-27-2017 12:51 PM

This was a great write up! Makes me want to get out to mid Ohio this year!

Afterfire 11-28-2017 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by FZXtreme (Post 24381140)
If I don't have to relocate for work I too will be joining you two in HPDE+.
Let's hope we make it a trio of kick ass S's at Gridlife next season.

Make it 4, gentlemen. Ill be doing the full season as well. Im in NC so its a bit of a hike but not letting that stop me.

JackieD 11-28-2017 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Afterfire (Post 24389283)
Make it 4, gentlemen. Ill be doing the full season as well. Im in NC so its a bit of a hike but not letting that stop me.

OHHH BOY, excited to meet you all. I think a pretty big Youtuber with an S2K will be joining us in HPDE+ too... Let the VTEC Revolution begin!

TunerD 11-28-2017 11:45 AM

I'm too much of a novice to partake in time attack, but I'll be at a Gridlife Gingerman event for HPDE. Hope to meet some of you guys.

aabatteries 11-28-2017 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Afterfire (Post 24389283)

I'll happily trade you locations. OH is all yours!

Originally Posted by JackieD (Post 24389387)
OHHH BOY, excited to meet you all. I think a pretty big Youtuber with an S2K will be joining us in HPDE+ too... Let the VTEC Revolution begin!

I don't know any Youtubers with an S2k, so unfortunately the star shock will go over my head. Regardless, should be a good season. I think my financial situation is starting to shape up and my chances of making it to multiple rounds of Gridlife are looking good if I don't get sucked in a Formula Vee or competing to win my region in NASA TT (both of these options would be just little more expensive than HPDE+).

Originally Posted by TunerD (Post 24389542)
I'm too much of a novice to partake in time attack, but I'll be at a Gridlife Gingerman event for HPDE. Hope to meet some of you guys.

Look forward to meeting you and everyone else as well!

HawkeyeGeoff 12-07-2017 06:07 AM

@jackied; I'm picking up my S2K sometime this winter (deal is basically done). I live about 15 minutes from Waterford Hills; I'll be out there for all their Open Track days and probably head over to Gingerman and Mid-Ohio a few times next year as well. Lets get MI rockin' with some Honda love again.

I am a former Mazdaspeed guy, so I usually head down to Tail of the Dragon with all those hooligans in April as well. We should definitely get an events page for MI going again; seems kind of dead over there.

JackieD 12-09-2017 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by HawkeyeGeoff (Post 24393123)
@jackied; I'm picking up my S2K sometime this winter (deal is basically done). I live about 15 minutes from Waterford Hills; I'll be out there for all their Open Track days and probably head over to Gingerman and Mid-Ohio a few times next year as well. Lets get MI rockin' with some Honda love again.

I am a former Mazdaspeed guy, so I usually head down to Tail of the Dragon with all those hooligans in April as well. We should definitely get an events page for MI going again; seems kind of dead over there.

Hell yea! Waterford suited my S2K so well. Just get some good tires and brake and go. Gingerman and Mid-Ohio is awesome too. Kinda over street driving now though.

aabatteries 12-09-2017 05:52 PM

Track days are the quickest way to get over street driving. I'm so over it, I'm to the point where I want a freaking small SUV to daily.

Chibo 12-09-2017 07:10 PM

It comes back when you have a daily and only drive the S2000 occasionally on the street.

JackieD 12-11-2017 11:00 AM

UPDATE #4 12/11/2017
THE RULES ARE OUT!! The HPDE+ is now official renamed STREET Class. Sounds a lot better for sure!
TIME ATTACK RULES — #GRIDLIFE

A few interesting rule changes that will affect us in Street Class:
1. new MSRP rule: "Vehicles with inflation adjusted MSRPs greater than $70,000 are specifically banned (eg. Nissan GT-R, Porsche Cayman GT4, C6 Z06, etc.)"
- GREAT. I definitely do not want to race against those things...
2. Tire Size rule: "Tire Width: FWD: 285, RWD: 285, AWD: 255. Tires may only be downsized 10mm."
- Also to try and block out the OP cars such as C7 Corvette Grand Sport. Leveling the playing field is always a good thing.
3. Changes to Aero rule: "Aftermarket aero is prohibited. Modifications to OEM bumpers to enhance airflow are permitted, but only partial removal of material, not addition."
- Time to cut that rear bumper for less drag!! Any ideas on how I can trim the front bumper for more performance?

The rest mostly stays the same as this year. Still, a few interesting areas that we can maybe exploit and etc...

A separate and also special announcement:
BMSPEC will be sponsoring me with their prototype front splitter and rear wing in preparations for a move to StreetMod Class in 2019! Link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/bmspec1/
Their new Hammerhead front splitter looks freaking awesome, and has the added benefit of easily uninstallation for converting my car back to Street Class spec. I will be using their aero and attempt to break the current NA S2K record around Gingerman Raceway: 1:40.0. Currently working on a provisional schedule, but expect a few events outside of Gridlife too...
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...c4fbc9c30e.jpg