S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GoPro GPS Data/Telemetry

Old 03-29-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo View Post
I like the stabilization, I just wish there was a way to fix the weird panning it does in corners. It can get kind of weird in tracks that have a lot of longer corners

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX8Q8FOXyBQ

Interesting, that is what I get for not really exploring the app. I appreciate it
I have only tried it at one track but I never experienced that panning issue. I wonder if they've fixed it. Have you updated the camera's firmware recently?
Old 03-29-2019, 11:18 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Joseph, did you enable youtube's "shake" fix? That might be part of the weird video.
Old 03-29-2019, 11:51 AM

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by j0oftheworld View Post
Joseph, did you enable youtube's "shake" fix? That might be part of the weird video.
Hey Jason -- that is a good point. Unfortunately, the raw video is the same as on YT.

Originally Posted by the-moss View Post
I have only tried it at one track but I never experienced that panning issue. I wonder if they've fixed it. Have you updated the camera's firmware recently?
I bought it last month and updated the FW right away, I'll see if there is anything new out.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:59 PM
Jub

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Welp, I ended up buying the Hero 7 with a few extra batteries which really came in handy. Their telemetry is nice and easy to add in but I haven't figured it all out yet. I also don't think it's tremendously accurate unless I pulled 2+ g's braking and turning into a corner at an autocross on a slippery surface. Next step is to figure out a nice editing software. I'm definitely a noob but GoPro Quik seems pretty crappy. I really don't need anything fancy at this point, just the ability to cut videos and not put in crappy music over everything. What does everyone recommend for a free editing software for windows?

Oh, and has anyone figured out the panning issue in steady state turns with hypersmooth? I've been shooting without hypersmooth on because otherwise it pans to the outside of every turn like shown above. Video quality is still pretty good though. We should all report the bug to GoPro so that they hopefully fix it. I've been trying to think what other sports would have a similar issue with steady g cornering like that.