S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??

Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??

Just wanted to check in and see who was going to GridLife South Road Atlanta and who's running there cars. trackHERO will be there with 6 S2000's so if your there come by and say hi. I had so much fun last year and met quite a few new enthusiast and cant wait to go again.

Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll be there just to hang out. I've driven hpde at this event for the last 2 years and the amount of track time I actually ended up getting made it not worth the money for me.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Ill be there in TA Street, with 2 other guys (hpde intermediate FRS and a TA Street Mod S2000)
Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by decepticondc5
I'll be there just to hang out. I've driven hpde at this event for the last 2 years and the amount of track time I actually ended up getting made it not worth the money for me.
I've often wondered .......
Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 PM

Going to VIR that weekend instead with NASA and putting together a crew. I'm hoping that everyone goes to Gridlife and gives us plenty of open track time at my favorite track. Have fun and stay safe out there!
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Will be there! See you there man!
Old 07-12-2018, 05:31 AM

Cool.
How many days did you do? I did the 3 day HPDE Advanced last year and ran 4-5 sessions a day at 20-25 minutes each which i think is pretty good for $500
Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by JackieD
Will be there! See you there man!
Sounds good and see you there! We are going to try and park by the entrance of the track at the drift / track divider line Ill have the trackHERO flags flying!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trackHERO
Cool.
How many days did you do? I did the 3 day HPDE Advanced last year and ran 4-5 sessions a day at 20-25 minutes each which i think is pretty good for $500
I did 3 days of intermediate each year. That group seemed to take the brunt of schedule compression/delay due to track cleanups (2016 was a shit show) and drifting shenanigans. More often than not I found myself either sitting in grid for 20 minutes or missing half the session due to the announcing focus being elsewhere.

I went to the midwest festival this year and it seemed to be run a whole lot better so if the RA event resembles what I saw at Gingerman, then I will definitely sign back up for 2019. The driver text message system is a great improvement but I want to see if the real problem is venue/event mismatch. RA might not be suitable for the crazy schedule density and the HPDE groups are the least sexy thing on track so I totally understand they draw the short stick here.
Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 AM

I did 3 days of intermediate each year. That group seemed to take the brunt of schedule compression/delay due to track cleanups (2016 was a shit show) and drifting shenanigans. More often than not I found myself either sitting in grid for 20 minutes or missing half the session due to the announcing focus being elsewhere.

I went to the midwest festival this year and it seemed to be run a whole lot better so if the RA event resembles what I saw at Gingerman, then I will definitely sign back up for 2019. The driver text message system is a great improvement but I want to see if the real problem is venue/event mismatch. RA might not be suitable for the crazy schedule density and the HPDE groups are the least sexy thing on track so I totally understand they draw the short stick here.
I do agree that the intermediate and beginner group does get the short end of the sick when issues arise.
With everything there will be growing pains for sure and every year the process gets better. I'm super pumped though and cant wait especially being able to be on track with some good friends. Come by and say hi over the weekend.

Quick Reply: GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??