Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > Special Interest > S2000 Racing and Competition
Reload this Page >

GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??

S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??

 
Old 07-11-2018, 07:19 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 221
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??

Just wanted to check in and see who was going to GridLife South Road Atlanta and who's running there cars. trackHERO will be there with 6 S2000's so if your there come by and say hi. I had so much fun last year and met quite a few new enthusiast and cant wait to go again.

trackHERO is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 08:11 AM
  #2  
 
decepticondc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 423
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

I'll be there just to hang out. I've driven hpde at this event for the last 2 years and the amount of track time I actually ended up getting made it not worth the money for me.
decepticondc5 is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 10:46 AM
  #3  
 
Afterfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 337
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default

Ill be there in TA Street, with 2 other guys (hpde intermediate FRS and a TA Street Mod S2000)
Afterfire is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:15 PM
  #4  
Community Organizer
 
freq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: in my garage
Posts: 20,863
Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by decepticondc5 View Post
I'll be there just to hang out. I've driven hpde at this event for the last 2 years and the amount of track time I actually ended up getting made it not worth the money for me.
I've often wondered .......
freq is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 12:33 PM
  #5  
 
Davo307's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 879
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Going to VIR that weekend instead with NASA and putting together a crew. I'm hoping that everyone goes to Gridlife and gives us plenty of open track time at my favorite track. Have fun and stay safe out there!
Davo307 is offline  
Old 07-11-2018, 03:18 PM
  #6  
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 67
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Will be there! See you there man!
JackieD is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:31 AM
  #7  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 221
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by decepticondc5 View Post
I'll be there just to hang out. I've driven hpde at this event for the last 2 years and the amount of track time I actually ended up getting made it not worth the money for me.

Cool.
How many days did you do? I did the 3 day HPDE Advanced last year and ran 4-5 sessions a day at 20-25 minutes each which i think is pretty good for $500
trackHERO is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 AM
  #8  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 221
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by JackieD View Post
Will be there! See you there man!
Sounds good and see you there! We are going to try and park by the entrance of the track at the drift / track divider line Ill have the trackHERO flags flying!
trackHERO is offline  
Old 07-12-2018, 07:53 AM
  #9  
 
decepticondc5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Birmingham AL
Posts: 423
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by trackHERO View Post
Cool.
How many days did you do? I did the 3 day HPDE Advanced last year and ran 4-5 sessions a day at 20-25 minutes each which i think is pretty good for $500
I did 3 days of intermediate each year. That group seemed to take the brunt of schedule compression/delay due to track cleanups (2016 was a shit show) and drifting shenanigans. More often than not I found myself either sitting in grid for 20 minutes or missing half the session due to the announcing focus being elsewhere.

I went to the midwest festival this year and it seemed to be run a whole lot better so if the RA event resembles what I saw at Gingerman, then I will definitely sign back up for 2019. The driver text message system is a great improvement but I want to see if the real problem is venue/event mismatch. RA might not be suitable for the crazy schedule density and the HPDE groups are the least sexy thing on track so I totally understand they draw the short stick here.
decepticondc5 is offline  
Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 AM
  #10  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 221
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by decepticondc5 View Post
I did 3 days of intermediate each year. That group seemed to take the brunt of schedule compression/delay due to track cleanups (2016 was a shit show) and drifting shenanigans. More often than not I found myself either sitting in grid for 20 minutes or missing half the session due to the announcing focus being elsewhere.

I went to the midwest festival this year and it seemed to be run a whole lot better so if the RA event resembles what I saw at Gingerman, then I will definitely sign back up for 2019. The driver text message system is a great improvement but I want to see if the real problem is venue/event mismatch. RA might not be suitable for the crazy schedule density and the HPDE groups are the least sexy thing on track so I totally understand they draw the short stick here.
I do agree that the intermediate and beginner group does get the short end of the sick when issues arise.
With everything there will be growing pains for sure and every year the process gets better. I'm super pumped though and cant wait especially being able to be on track with some good friends. Come by and say hi over the weekend.
trackHERO is offline  

Quick Reply: GridLife South 2018 track time... Who's Going!??


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands