S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Js racing roll center adjusters vs peers

Old 10-16-2012, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Js racing roll center adjusters vs peers

hey guys,

Js racing states that they have a 12mm and a 20mm depending on how much you lower the car.

I've noticed the rest of the RCA's dont spec a length. Does anyone know? Is the Js racing 20mm RCA unique and thus worth the price difference?

Goolged this but found nothing in it thus far. Sorry if there is an answer lying around somewhere in this forum

Many thanks
Old 10-17-2012, 07:49 AM

J's is worth the price difference if you want the camber you need.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:28 AM

Received 563 Likes on 394 Posts

I would also look into and consider the Hardrace 6621 part... it's essentially a J's racing knock off.

http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...ARDRACE-CAMBER

It's what i'm currently using. I also have yet to hear anything bad about them (other than I didn't like the supplied bolts - i bought my own grade 10.9 bolts and locking washers).
Old 10-17-2012, 08:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just bought the above posted hardrace units and am happy with their quality especially for the price compared to the J's units. If I remember tomorrow I will measure how tall the roll center spacers are on mine.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:47 AM

I don't think fixing the roll center on a lowered car is going to happen with just that shim, I could be wrong. I use my joints (J's racing) without the shim. So it's essentially just a camber joint. I am also not running my car mega slammed. I know of a few others who opt not to run the shim, but take this with a grain of salt. There are members on here far more educated than I on this subject, maybe they can chime in.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 AM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

Here's everything you ever wanted to know about S2000 roll centers: http://robrobinette.com/S2000RollCenters.htm

And yes, the shim can move the front roll center back to near the car's pre-lowered position. The effect of raising the roll center back to its original location is similar to stiffening the front anti-roll bar but without the roll bar's reduction in suspension independence. I don't believe it's worth the effort and cost to simply correct the roll center but if you're going to add camber ball joints I would recommend getting them with the roll center correcting shims.

Here's the installation page: http://robrobinette.com/S2000OffsetBallJoints.htm
Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 PM

Sorry guys, i was not being clear. I was refering to the rear roll center adjusters. apparently Js make a 12mm or a 20 depending on how much you lower the car.

I dont see this choice offered by the rest of the RCA manufacturers or a length specced. So just wondering what we are getting when we buy something from MEgan or hardrace.

I do run my car as low as i can (its not a street car) so would imagine the 20mm is appropriate. Now im just trying to figure out if i need to pay up for a js item because they are the only ones that make the 20mm.
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the hardrace rear 6764's BNIB, I'll get a measurement for you in a bit.

My old FS thread
Old 10-17-2012, 06:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

The 12mm and 20mm refers to the shim's thickness. The sizes equate to about 0.5 and 0.8 inches. I would suggest if you're lowered 1 inch or more then go with the 20mm shim.

Edit: I thought we were discussing front roll center adjusters. The 12 & 20mm refers to the extra length of the ball joint base. I don't believe rear roll centers are needed but if you must I'd recommend the shorter 12mm adjusters.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM

Rob - am abit confused. I was refering to the rear RCAs. I presume your statement is in reference to that as well.

so does hard race offer both shim sizes then? Thats what im trying to understand - if the RCAs offered by Js are the same as the rest.

Quick Reply: Js racing roll center adjusters vs peers