S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Racing and Competition (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/)
-   -   NASA vs SCCA (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-racing-competition-11/nasa-vs-scca-1180465/)

Hondakid1 12-26-2017 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen (Post 24400075)
NASA and SCCA are wheel to wheel racing. Time attack is different with it's different set of rules. It depends which kind of time attack series you what to get into. But since ur boosted ur looking to be in the rwd unlimited class. Competition is intense good luck.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I thought that they both had different events like wheel to wheel as well as time trials?
Is time attack and time trials not the same?

freq 12-27-2017 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen (Post 24400075)
NASA and SCCA have wheel to wheel racing.

FTFY.

Singh_snisen 12-27-2017 06:21 AM

NASA and sccca is mostly based off wheel to wheel racing. I belive they also have auto x but not sure bout that. They also have time trials like you said buts not that serious like time attac. Wheel to wheel racing is what you do in gran turismo. And time attack is you n es to go around the track with the fastest time to win.
NASA is very minimal on time attack. I think they only have it Arizona, I could b wrong. And SCCA has HPde events and smaller time trials. Time attack would be something like global time attack or world time attack. The areo and power levels are different from time attack to open wheel racing.

s2000ellier 12-27-2017 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Singh_snisen (Post 24400205)
NASA and sccca is mostly based off wheel to wheel racing. I belive they also have auto x but not sure bout that. They also have time trials like you said buts not that serious like time attac. Wheel to wheel racing is what you do in gran turismo. And time attack is you n es to go around the track with the fastest time to win.
NASA is very minimal on time attack. I think they only have it Arizona, I could b wrong. And SCCA has HPde events and smaller time trials. Time attack would be something like global time attack or world time attack. The areo and power levels are different from time attack to open wheel racing.

​​​​​​​https://media.giphy.com/media/6OpusTwW1csaQ/giphy.gif

copafeel87 12-27-2017 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier (Post 24400209)

​​​​​​​hahahaha

copafeel87 12-27-2017 06:33 AM

Why do you post so much? You are the definition of fake news.

Sickdayracing 12-27-2017 08:29 AM

Just ignore this post. It is filled with incorrect information and is barely coherent.

BlueBarchetta 12-27-2017 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Hondakid1 (Post 24399863)
Those are actually next on my list. I want to get a Recaro pole position, harness and cage. Also in the very near future, brakes. If you go fast you need to stop fast.

seriously consider a "halo" type seat, electrical system cutoff, and fire system. The speeds at which you will eventually be going, really indicate the need to equip for maximum safety. Just like it was a wheel to wheel car. Things can happen that are out of your control

Chibo 12-27-2017 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta (Post 24400357)

seriously consider a "halo" type seat, electrical system cutoff, and fire system. The speeds at which you will eventually be going, really indicate the need to equip for maximum safety. Just like it was a wheel to wheel car. Things can happen that are out of your control

Really easy to get complacent tracking cars versus other things since mistakes are generally non-issues, and when it does go wrong you still have metal around you. Completely agreed on what you're saying.

Hondakid1 12-27-2017 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by BlueBarchetta (Post 24400357)

I really appreciate the advice. I didn't even think about that. I figured any issues would be my fault ultimately. May be to hard or expect to much of myself.

Anyway I'm going to try to keep all of this advice in mind going forward