S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Race seats

Old 02-20-2017, 07:50 AM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Sparco Circuit 2 LF with PCI mounts installed.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra...stall-1169249/
Old 02-26-2017, 05:09 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my new Rev seats a few days ago and have been working on trying to get them installed with buddy club rails. It's going rough. As has been mentioned before, the base of the rev is very narrow. On top of that, not only is it narrow, but the front mounting points are even narrower than the rear and angle out towards top. Initial test fitting showed that even at the lowest mounting position was higher than the stock seat and put my legs too close to the steering wheel and lower dash.

I made some replacement rear side brackets that put the seat 1-1/8" lower, rubbing the floor, but feeling much better. After that I started working on fabbing some spacers from the front. I did that and fitment got better. I'm still having issues with keeping the rails parallel and some other things. Considering how oversize the slotted holes are on the base of the sliders there is very little actual adjustment available. For one thing the rear right bolt point has a very limited adjustment because a big glob of weld gets in the way of the washer. I ground it back a bit for more clearance. The front right mount point has the blot head interfering with the slider so I cut the end of the slider part back at an attractive angle. I've also had to oversize some of the slotted holes to get the sliders more parallel. All that work and I still don't have a functional mount for my driver seat. I'm beginning to think these mounts are just crap, or at least not very compatible with my seats.

Some of the foibles would be somewhat acceptable for the passenger seat, but for the driver seat it has to be right. I'm very seriously considering dumping these for the PCI adjustables. I like the idea of having the sliders to accommodate a codriver during autocross or letting someone else drive it, but that doesn't happen very often.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 101 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by freetors
I got my new Rev seats a few days ago and have been working on trying to get them installed with buddy club rails. It's going rough. As has been mentioned before, the base of the rev is very narrow. On top of that, not only is it narrow, but the front mounting points are even narrower than the rear and angle out towards top. Initial test fitting showed that even at the lowest mounting position was higher than the stock seat and put my legs too close to the steering wheel and lower dash.

I made some replacement rear side brackets that put the seat 1-1/8" lower, rubbing the floor, but feeling much better. After that I started working on fabbing some spacers from the front. I did that and fitment got better. I'm still having issues with keeping the rails parallel and some other things. Considering how oversize the slotted holes are on the base of the sliders there is very little actual adjustment available. For one thing the rear right bolt point has a very limited adjustment because a big glob of weld gets in the way of the washer. I ground it back a bit for more clearance. The front right mount point has the blot head interfering with the slider so I cut the end of the slider part back at an attractive angle. I've also had to oversize some of the slotted holes to get the sliders more parallel. All that work and I still don't have a functional mount for my driver seat. I'm beginning to think these mounts are just crap, or at least not very compatible with my seats.

Some of the foibles would be somewhat acceptable for the passenger seat, but for the driver seat it has to be right. I'm very seriously considering dumping these for the PCI adjustables. I like the idea of having the sliders to accommodate a codriver during autocross or letting someone else drive it, but that doesn't happen very often.
Get the PCI mounts and don't look back.
Old 03-02-2017, 07:08 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srproductions
Get the PCI mounts and don't look back.
I've got them ordered. Now I'm just waiting...
Old 03-04-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Finally had the chance to install a Sparco Ergo M on PCI adjustable (non-slider) mounts yesterday. The mounts were great to work with as I could leave them loose, bolt the base to the floor, and set exactly where I want the seat without having to fit/refit a thousand times. The seat fit great, just barely leaving room for the door panel and soft top as well as OEM hardtop without any trimming, at least in my driving position.

Speaking of driving position, I'm 6'2" 210lb with 34/34 pants size. The rear seat bolt was positioned in the second hole (from the bottom) of the side mount and the front was on the fourth hole. The seat is all the way back against the roll bar. I found this position to be okay although I'd like to have just a little more rake in the seat. Height is almost unchanged from stock unless I remove the seat padding which drops me about an inch from stock.

I also haven't figured out how to integrate the stock seatbelt with this setup so far...

Next steps are to drop the rear of the seat to the last hole. In order to do this I will have to take a cut out of the top of the PCI mount for clearance at the lap belt pass-through. The hope is that it lowers me while adding in a little more seat rake for comfort. I'll also be pondering stock seatbelt solutions.
Attached Thumbnails Race seats-sparco-ergo-installed.png   Race seats-pci-seat-mount-mod.png  
The following users liked this post:
Xene (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LeonV
Finally had the chance to install a Sparco Ergo M on PCI adjustable (non-slider) mounts yesterday. The mounts were great to work with as I could leave them loose, bolt the base to the floor, and set exactly where I want the seat without having to fit/refit a thousand times. The seat fit great, just barely leaving room for the door panel and soft top as well as OEM hardtop without any trimming, at least in my driving position.

Speaking of driving position, I'm 6'2" 210lb with 34/34 pants size. The rear seat bolt was positioned in the second hole (from the bottom) of the side mount and the front was on the fourth hole. The seat is all the way back against the roll bar. I found this position to be okay although I'd like to have just a little more rake in the seat. Height is almost unchanged from stock unless I remove the seat padding which drops me about an inch from stock.

I also haven't figured out how to integrate the stock seatbelt with this setup so far...

Next steps are to drop the rear of the seat to the last hole. In order to do this I will have to take a cut out of the top of the PCI mount for clearance at the lap belt pass-through. The hope is that it lowers me while adding in a little more seat rake for comfort. I'll also be pondering stock seatbelt solutions.
Did you have to modify the trans tunnel to make this seat fit? does it rub the door?
Old 03-04-2017, 06:50 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by PureFunction
Did you have to modify the trans tunnel to make this seat fit? does it rub the door?
Negative. No mods to tranny tunnel and it doesn't rub the door, maybe just a hint of contact with the seat fabric but nothing noticeable. Seems this seat is on the verge of contact everywhere but just barely fits without having to trim, grind, or bash anything.
Old 04-27-2017, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LeonV

Do you think fitment would be any different had you used adjustable sliders?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:05 PM
Community Organizer

Received 185 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by escapefromla
Do you think fitment would be any different had you used adjustable sliders?
With my PCI mount, adjustable sliders add about 3/4 of an inch in height.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just bought a 2004 S2000 and I don't fit in the standard seats.

I'm 6"4' and weigh 94kg. However I've a longer upper body so I'm looking for the lowest seat position.
I fit well in a Recaro Pole Position ABE. Any idea what rails I would need which fit and go as low as possible?
I also looked for the Bride VIOS III but I don't know if I would fit in that seat and if it would go lower.

I'm looking for a gain of 2 inch if possible..

Quick Reply: Race seats