Sponsor S2000 Engine and S2000 Drivetrain Deals Sponsor deals on S2000 engine and S2000 drivetrain products

SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit

Old 01-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by sirbikealot7
To be clear though, the base kit is not a Setrab core, correct?
That is correct, the price of the Setrab has not changed, however we wanted to provide a more affordable option by using the Kraken Performance cores as a very bang for buck and highly efficient option. (Just like what we did with our Wilwood Trackday 325mm brake kit vs our Competition AP Racing 325mm brake kit)
Old 03-26-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

does anyone think this would fit a PWJDM or Mugen intake?

if it did fit how much would that block the core?
Old 04-12-2017, 02:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The last year I ordered my oil cooler kit (25rows and 200ºF thermostat), but for several reason I’ve been able to install it this year. Firstly, when I received the kit the core cooler has a little damage, probably because de transport. I contact with Sakebombgarage and they told me that they could ask the guaranty, but it costed many time. Secondly I received the mounting parts according with 19 rows core instead of 25rows. Y had to waiting the correct parts.
Finally my mechanic installed the oil cooler kit. It runs correctly by after several test I’ve checked that I’ve received the 180ºF thermostat instead of 200ºF. I installed the oil temperature sensor using the adaptors of the kit. Driving on motorway or staying at idle in garage the temperature is 180ºF. On spirit driving I
t's easy to reach 200ºF but very difficult to reach 210ºF in open road, and therefore I think the temperature measured is correct.

I’ve mailed several times to Sakebombgarage, but I don’t get any reply. I’m very disappointed with the support.
I’ve tried to find the part for replace the thermostat of 200ºF, but I only find the 200ºF thermostatic oil sandwich plate complete.
Can anyone help me? Is it possible to buy only the part to change the temperature of thermostat from 180ºF to 200ºF?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by TitoStuk; 04-12-2017 at 02:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:47 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by TitoStuk
The last year I ordered my oil cooler kit (25rows and 200ºF thermostat), but for several reason I’ve been able to install it this year. Firstly, when I received the kit the core cooler has a little damage, probably because de transport. I contact with Sakebombgarage and they told me that they could ask the guaranty, but it costed many time. Secondly I received the mounting parts according with 19 rows core instead of 25rows. Y had to waiting the correct parts.
Finally my mechanic installed the oil cooler kit. It runs correctly by after several test I’ve checked that I’ve received the 180ºF thermostat instead of 200ºF. I installed the oil temperature sensor using the adaptors of the kit. Driving on motorway or staying at idle in garage the temperature is 180ºF. On spirit driving I
t's easy to reach 200ºF but very difficult to reach 210ºF in open road, and therefore I think the temperature measured is correct.

I’ve mailed several times to Sakebombgarage, but I don’t get any reply. I’m very disappointed with the support.
I’ve tried to find the part for replace the thermostat of 200ºF, but I only find the 200ºF thermostatic oil sandwich plate complete.
Can anyone help me? Is it possible to buy only the part to change the temperature of thermostat from 180ºF to 200ºF?
Thanks in advance.
Hi we must have missed your email... could you PM us? Remember that oil thermostats are fail safe and are only FULLY OPEN by the stated temperature, it is not an open/close or on/off thermostat, there is a constant oil bypass. The thermostat is already opening before the stated temperature, and is simply fully open by that temp.

Please email info@sakebombgarage.com or PM us directly through the forum. I'll personally make sure you get sorted out... for whatever reason I did not see an email come in from someone with this issue.

Thanks for your patience,
Heath
Old 04-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Topplayer
does anyone think this would fit a PWJDM or Mugen intake?

if it did fit how much would that block the core?
Can you post some pictures of the two setups... we have an optional shorter line set for aftermarket intakes but if you need something custom we are more than happy to put together a custom kit with customized lengths for you.

(Also, for those that are not aware, we have teamed up with Kraken Performance to offer our same oil cooler kit but at a more affordable price point with 19 or 25 row Kraken Performance cores available, as well as 19 or 25 row Setrab). We are currently running a group buy on all cooler kits for this track season - use coupon code SBGOILCOOLER2017 SBG Competition Oil Cooling System (S2000) - SakeBomb Garage LLC

Old 04-18-2017, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage
Hi we must have missed your email... could you PM us? Remember that oil thermostats are fail safe and are only FULLY OPEN by the stated temperature, it is not an open/close or on/off thermostat, there is a constant oil bypass. The thermostat is already opening before the stated temperature, and is simply fully open by that temp.

Please email info@sakebombgarage.com or PM us directly through the forum. I'll personally make sure you get sorted out... for whatever reason I did not see an email come in from someone with this issue.

Heath
Yes, I know that there is a constant oil by pas, but after many test the temperature never is under 180°F. In Motorway under cold whether or when I stay in my garage at iddle, the temperature is 180F exactly. On the other hand I have installed a regulable grill and even with the grill totally closed in Motorway it is 180°F.
I have remailed an email and PM.
Thanks

Last edited by TitoStuk; 04-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by SakeBomb Garage

Heath
You have a PM and email.
Old 07-30-2018, 11:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hi,

does anybody have experience with a 25 row cooler, hot weather on the track and without the OEM cooler / heat exchanger?
What temps could I expect with this setup?
Thanks.

JagoBlitz
Old 11-09-2018, 02:40 PM
Sponsor

Hey All,

We have tons of coolers in stock and ready to ship! Get your orders in before items run out, we have a few options up on the website now!

https://www.sakebombgarage.com/sbg-c...-system-s2000/
Old 01-05-2019, 02:07 PM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Is having to twist the short line to install normal (it kinks if I do this), is this a 90* out crimp, or am I doing something wrong?

SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit-4ytbgto.jpg

Trying from other direction
SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit-6apmgrx.jpg

Line laid out to show clocking
SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit-ss75vvx.jpg

Last edited by Chibo; 01-05-2019 at 05:47 PM.

Quick Reply: SakeBomb Garage Oil Cooler Kit