S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Sample prices for HPD members

Old 08-11-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i sent in my stuff with only one scca autox event and 1 local event and i got accepted [/QUOTE]
Please READ the HPD AGREEMENT that YOU SIGNED
Old 08-11-2009, 08:15 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have, and I know what it says. If they want to revoke it, that's up to them. No need to get your panties in a twist over it.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:23 PM

It's people like you, that think the "rules" don't apply to them, that are the exact reason companies think twice before trying to help people. The prices may not be great and the fact that you agreed to NOT use the parts on a street-driven car may not suit you, but that's the agreement YOU made. The fact that you did read it and do know what you agreed to, and then called someone quoting the agreement bs, speak volumes about the type of person you are.
Old 08-11-2009, 08:34 PM

Old 08-11-2009, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by slowd16,Aug 11 2009, 08:15 PM
I have, and I know what it says. If they want to revoke it, that's up to them. No need to get your panties in a twist over it.
I generally don't like to argue over the net, so I'll post my view (realising I will change your point of view) and drop it.

Can you understand why he is upset? Its comments like that and people like you that abuse the system and privileges that some companies offer racers. Then companies cancel the program because its abused.

I can't speak for 9kI4 but I have a non street legal race car. I have worked my butt off to get companies to give me discounts (not even free product), so to see Honda offering something like this (no matter if my dealer is giving better deals) is something I don't was to see go away because rules were not followed.

/rant
Old 08-11-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I completely see his and your point of view, and I agree; abusing the system will cause the program to be shut down. In all honestly the only reason I would by parts would be for track use, and I have no plans on buying any parts in the near future(most likely until next year which will require re-registering). I viewed that as more of a cover their ass statement. Which companies do do. Like selling test pipes with saying off road use only but people still drive on the street with them. I'm just trying to take a look at what Honda is going to be offering people. saying "speak volumes about the type of person you are." is a really dick statement because you cant judge someone over one thing they say. More of an abuse of the system would be buying parts and selling them to other people to use just because you can get them cheap. like the guy above me said, arguing over the internet is stupid. I'm done.
Old 08-12-2009, 03:35 AM

Lets hear hardtop pricing
Old 08-12-2009, 04:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by robinson,Aug 11 2009, 06:35 PM
That's strange considering I sent them SCCA Solo II results, not SCCA club racing results and I was accepted. Maybe they don't know what B Street Prepared stands for and assume my car is not street legal.
I faxed them results from a local event and a SE Divisional event on Tuesday, and received my login about 2 hours later.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slowd16,Aug 12 2009, 01:33 AM
I viewed that as more of a cover their ass statement. Which companies do do. Like selling test pipes with saying off road use only but people still drive on the street with them.
Yes, that is my view as well. As previously quoted from the HPD agreement:

"Purchaser further acknowledges that the parts purchased from Honda Performance Development are for personal race-use only, not for use on any normal street-driven Acura or Honda vehicle, and not for resale."

the word choice of acknowledges is clearly KYC for Honda. it's a waiver of liability for them.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn, I guess I won't send my application in now. I was hoping that My double duty car could have some savings. I was a bit as worried about submitting my vin to them.

Quick Reply: Sample prices for HPD members