S2000 Racing and Competition The S2000 on the track and Solo circuit. Some of the fastest S2000 drivers in the world call this forum home.

Video camera mount for Auto-X

Old 06-06-2001, 09:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay, I searched and found only a few tidbits. What do you recommend for mounting a consumer-type camcorder in the S2K for taping Auto-X runs? It has to mount to a "stock" S2K (no add-on rollbar) and be somewhat adjustable to fine tune the view.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen asin with one at TWS, might want to msg him and see what he used to mount his camera. Its basically a suction on the passenger window that has a post which mounts to a camera.

other than that, you can use the x-10 cameras or something similar mounted in the tow hook holes. I've got pictures of that if you would like to see.
Old 06-06-2001, 10:13 AM

Try these guys.

Jo Enterprises 228-868-7516 or 888-563-6686

http://www.joenterprises.com/

They make a mount that attaches to the passenger side window. If you have a copy of the July issue of Automobile Magazine there is a pic on page 122.
Old 06-06-2001, 12:12 PM

I'm looking for something more like a clamp-on (to stock roll bars or center console) than to trust suction cups. The tow hook attachment is a great idea but I want a cockpit mount so I can observe hand/foot behavior along with the tach and course. I figure I'll end up adding a gradient neutral density filter to get decent cockpit exposure at the same time as a course view.
Old 06-06-2001, 12:16 PM

With a little creativity that mount might be adapted to tie in with the wind screen or something although it might protrude to far forward to be safe.

Just a thought......
Old 06-06-2001, 06:37 PM
cde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been toying with the idea of getting the x10 cameras, the 3 pack. Mounting one in the front and rear bumper tow holes and the third in the cockpit. Then having the camcorder just in the passenger seat doing the recording.

Up sides, would be getting multiple views and being able to switch between them. Mounting the little cameras shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Down side, more stuff to buy (buying the extra camera and just using the camcorder as a VCR). Not being able to use the image stabilization of the camcorder.

If anybody has an experience with the x10 cameras, please post your opinion of their quality.

THanks
Old 06-06-2001, 06:58 PM
Banned

Please email The General.

I created this mount last year and he can mail order you the parts or put you touch with his distributor.

It clamps to the cross member in the "secret compartment". I have never heard a complaint about it. The only drawback is that you have to drive with the secret compartment open.
Old 06-06-2001, 07:29 PM
Former Moderator

I just had a piece of metal made for me by one of my customers. Its basically just a triangle. It mounts to the stock mounting holes for the windscreen, Which sits on top of it. You need loger bolts though. It works perfectly for me. But I have found that Stability is a must.

Old 06-06-2001, 09:17 PM

Penforhire-

I plan on doing this as well as soon as I buy my DV Camcorder soon. CThree made a mount for his camera that mounts perfectly under the windscreen. As a matter of fact it screws down to the holes that the windscreen uses without interfering with it. He says he gets good photo. You might want to IM him as well. Let me know what you find out. By the way, what type of camera are you going to use?
Old 06-06-2001, 09:32 PM

When does the group buy start?

Seriously, I'd buy something like this that could hold a DV camcorder steady in the aeroscreen position. I'd gladly take the aeroscreen out when using it.

Ted

Quick Reply: Video camera mount for Auto-X