S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   03 M3 Kill! (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/03-m3-kill-84140/)

Infiltr8r 10-07-2002 09:37 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by M3PWR
[B]Infiltr8r

I have a 2002 M3 and just last week a Toyota Tacoma TRD left me eating dust at a stoplight.

bash 10-08-2002 12:51 AM

Infiltr8r, welcome, not sure how much you frequent this bbs but you have to understand we get alot of Stang fly-bys so the troll shields go up a bit. Good kill. You'll find S2ki is a pretty friendly bunch to all enthusiasts as long as the proper respect is exchanged.

E46-Pyellow 10-08-2002 07:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Infiltr8r
[B]

A) you have no low end torque, I do
B) I have gears and sticky tires, he didn't
C) I knew about cars since before i could walk or talk (a little more than 30 years now) and have been racing for years, so I know when a guy is racing, especially when he says to me, "Damn, I didn't know they were that fast, I had it to the floor!"
D) Don't compare the performance of my Stang to an S2000, apples and oranges, you know?

Infiltr8r 10-08-2002 07:54 AM

Originally posted by bash
Infiltr8r, welcome, not sure how much you frequent this bbs but you have to understand we get alot of Stang fly-bys so the troll shields go up a bit. Good kill. You'll find S2ki is a pretty friendly bunch to all enthusiasts as long as the proper respect is exchanged.

I understand...I'm new to all of this forum stuff, so I don't quite get the whole lying to a group of strangers thing, lol. I did try the inciting riot thing, but I could flame my fellow V8 drivers with a straight face, so I confessed...

I hope to enjoy my stay here with you guys.

Peace:D

Infiltr8r 10-08-2002 07:59 AM

Originally posted by E46-Pyellow

B) Just want to say, our car comes with sticky tires. I don't get what you mean by gears though......

F) the M3 owner you were racing doens't know how to drive period!!!!!!

Nice Kill:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Oh, I figured drag radials were a little softer than road race style tires (Nitto even sells a different compound tire just for that), my bad. I changed my ring and pinion gears in my differential, for a little bit more acceleration. Mathmatically, my wheels make 1/4 more of a turn for every revolution of the driveshaft over stock, probably making it around 1 - 2 tenths quicker in the 1/4 mile. It also improves torque multiplication going to the wheels...

yeah, you're right, I shoulda lost...

M Power 10-08-2002 08:18 AM

My goodness...can we just drop it?
He won the race, plain and simple. S54 Ms are fast but not THAT fast, IMO. With all the mods I have, I am sure I could still lose to a lightly modded GT if I don't drive well. It's not like we are comparing Viper against Yugo or something...

nHobbes 10-08-2002 09:08 AM

what's wrong with my yugo? :) jk....

yeah man, give the newbie a little slack. maybe not the best circumstances for his first post, but still. i'm sure he will refine his posts in the future, so there won't be as much to pick apart.

infiltr8r: don't worry too much. they treat the new guys like this most of the time (unless they are very detail oriented and perfectly consistent and even then...). these guys are really very nice (most of them at least) and you'll find them to be a great source of information at some point. i'm sure we'll learn a little something from you too! i think the mustang is a touchy matter around here, since there were so many heated debates with them for a while. hang in there....:)

s2kpdx01 10-08-2002 12:30 PM

shit we got bmw guys on an s2000 board to call bs on mustang kill....sweet!! :LOL:
facts:
1) he beat this m3 in a 800ft race
2) he admits the m3 is faster in a longer race and if the guy didn't miss his gear
3) this probably really happened

what is the problem? he admitted he beat the driver like 3 times, but we still have "E36-whatever-my name is" and "BMW-rulezz-al!" coming on here and calling bs. What are you calling bs on?? the fact the M3 is faster or the fact the Mustang is slower? :confused:

When he first posted it people called bs. Then he explained himself and "most" people were satisfied. Good kill.
blah blah blah...

Infiltr8r 10-08-2002 07:40 PM

heh heh, i do forget that i am a newbie (been racing for years, buti forget that no one knows me from adam, so...) here on the internet, well forums anyway, so i got a little disgucted at first, but i'm ok now. it's cool. Just to let you guys know, i would never post bull or attack anybody for no reason...

thanks, i'll try and do research before i post so that i can explain what may seem an inconsistancy in the future:D