S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

A bad night

Old 08-02-2001, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A bad night

Well i was out cruising tonight and ran into the equel of fast and furious ,kansas style
Thet were about 30 cars parked in a lot so i cruised by. Many young kids(i'm 32) in diff cars from ludes integras up to a lotus turbo. So a couple of people asked to race me saying they never see s2000 around who want to drag. First up a eclpise turbo. He told me his bottom end was built and had bigger turbo/intercooler. So we went for it and he was telling me he set the turbo at 18psi(??) I dont know too much about turbos but i had a feeling my stock(neuspeed exhaust) stook was in for a loss. We took off even and he slightly pulled on me as i shifted to third. I could hear this woooosh everytime he shifted. We were on a perfect straight road and got it up to 110mph where he had almost 1 car lead on me. I was just happy not to get smoked

Next up 99 trams am ws6.He had intake/exhaust but stock engine What can I say but he beat me as well. He got his lead off the line though. I launched decent but by the end of second he had 2 car lenghts and it stayed that way until about 90 when we shut em down.. 0-2

next up was 2000 lightning. Never seen one before. We ran neck and neck the whole way. I would be hard pressed to say who won. I think our bumpers were identical the whole time.

next couple of races were a prelude which was built and integra which was built but no problems.then a mustang gt auto
pretty close but a win
Last was 01 mustang gt 5speed. I was most suprised out of the whole night to lose to him. It took me from the line on and pulled to 3 car lenghts by 80. he said it was stock.the exhaust intake was stock so ?? but we got it up over 100 and he just kept pulling.

Oh well I rarely race but wish i could have taken a v8 to school....guess i have to wait till the kinks are out of the comptech s/c so i can go back and roast em
Old 08-02-2001, 10:28 PM

doesn't sound like a bad night.. i would expect to loose by more then just 2 cars to a new WS6 off the line.

Lightnings run low 14/high 13's.. same as stooks when well driven.

the mustang GT should be a pretty even match.. if he was still pulling on you in top end.. i don't think its stock.

i've had alot of ppl not fess up to their mods.. usually cause they know ppl won't race if they know their faster.. or they don't wanna be measured up before racing.
Old 08-02-2001, 11:38 PM

It's not a good sign if you lost to a Mustang GT 2001.
You should do powershifting and redline stook. Then, you will have two cars on GT.
Old 08-03-2001, 12:41 AM

I guarantee at least half of those guys were lying about what they had. I go to street races all the time, trust me on this one.

Especially on the 2001 GT mustang... I'm sure he had mods.

My friend has a fully built lude with a 80 shot NOS kit, he tells people he only has intake, headers, and exhaust. Of course, the lude wins every time.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:04 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Juila911
[B]It's not a good sign if you lost to a Mustang GT 2001.
Old 08-03-2001, 09:12 AM

I have and that is why with 2600 miles I had to get a new clutch under warrenty but I dont drop clutch anymore.
Old 08-07-2001, 07:45 AM

TBone,
If it makes you feel better, I raced a Mustang Cobra (or possibly a GT with the badges switched) and jumped him off the line. He caught and passed me up until about 120 when I caught and passed him. I suspect his gearing and wind resistance were catching up with him. The guy had 2 gauges mounted to his window pillar and from the sound was not stock. You should be able to easily beat a 2001 stock mustang GT, I've roasted a couple and our cars are pretty even. He wasn't telling you the truth. BTW, check out my next car below. The F-60.
Old 08-07-2001, 10:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You didn't have a bad night at all.

Actually I think you did pretty well.

* The Eclips is Turbo modded, enough said there. You still did decent there and would have roasted him if it was stock Turbo.

* The Trans Am is just damn fast! , so 2 car lengths behind is very good.

* Try again with the Lightening, its a nice fast truck, but you can take him; if the Lightening is STOCK. (I already raced 2 and won both times)

* Good job with the Lude, Teg and the GT auto.

* The 01 GT owner BSed you; that car IS MODDED. I lost count of how many GT's I killed (REGARDLESS of year model) with my S2k and my previous GTI VR6.

S2Ken, nice pic , got any more??
Old 08-07-2001, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, 18 PSI of boost is a TON of boost! Remember our model of Comptech S/C only puts out 6 PSI. Definitely no shame in that loss.
Old 08-08-2001, 07:17 PM

if it makes you feel anybetter i was beat by a cadillac(not really but i hope it make you feel better)

Quick Reply: A bad night