S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Can't beat a Honda Integra Type R '99

Old 09-16-2005, 09:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spend money on fixing the car, not performance parts, before you start racing it.
Old 09-16-2005, 01:44 PM

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I would Like to fix it but i dont know where to start.
How is your opinion of the Hondata gasket Adam_Gipson?
I tought of buying it i know it will make a difference could you share yours?It will cost me 72$.
Should i go for it.
THe thing is There is no CEL light on the car so i dont know where to start looking..
After monday i will try to sort my car out and if i do the first thing to do is beat the ITR.
STefce
Old 09-16-2005, 03:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If your car does not need the flywheel then don't buy it unless you wan it as a mod. If your thinking that may be the problem then make sure of it first before you buy. For now I wouldn't spend much on mods until you know for sure there are no problems with the car to lack in performence, or atleast until those probs are fixed first.

The hondata gasket is a good buy if your car normally boggs, or if our usuall driving in hot weather. since my install the car boggs less, and if it does it isn't as severe as t used to be. It's a good mod to help with daily driving, but honestly I feel no performence benefits from it. Oh and by the way the part may be cheap, but the labor to et it on is a biaaatch!
Old 09-16-2005, 06:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try changing your oil yet?
Old 09-20-2005, 07:46 PM

HI an Update/
I went to a friend today and Guess what.
I thought that We should check the Valve adjustments and see if they were ok.
I wanted to start there and go from there.
When we got there No valve was as it should have been.
The intake should have been 0.21-0.25 and exhaust should have been 0.25-0.29
The intake ones were somewhere from 0.10 to 0.15 and i don't know the Exhaust but still they were something like 0.15.
Ouch.
We Made them As they should have been and the Car Was Running Great and Vtec hit good now.But when we say the Intake mainfold it was like it was the Exhaust.It is Clogged up with Grime and we decided to take it out and clean it next week.
The ting is,my Clutch is gone and i will replace it next week so i think the car flies and i am afraid that the clutch is slipping because the Revs get faster to 9k now and the car feels a lot Faster.
After all is done i will race the ITR again and see.
Also i noticed that the car works a little louder now on idle and screams different.I noticed more metallic noise from the Motor head now when the hood is open- from the head-is it good or bad?
when we were opening the head we were saying that the car didn't suffer a mechanical problem and that it was something else but it came up we were wrong.
Stefce.
Old 09-20-2005, 09:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my cousins s2000 is having the same issue right now, its not bad but when you accelerate slowly from a stop there is strange vibrations through the shifter. He has a 2002 model....
Old 09-21-2005, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

abre datiebam vo vtec....

I wish I had read this thread a week ago, i just got back from MK two days ago and spent 2 days in skopje. I never saw any integras or s2000s, lots of civics though.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:24 PM

HAHA HA

Your Macedonian is Very Good.
You haven't seen any S2000 because i have the only one in MK and there are 4 Integras Type R.
You saw old civics and they are the best to Tune,

Anyway My car has been running like this for 4 years now and has been spending a lot of fuel ever since new.
SO i hope that when i change the clutch next Wednesday and i clean the intake mainfold+put the hondata spacer to see some great results.Now i am amazed on how my car goes and i am afraid that the Clutch is slipping and that's why it goes.
And wantnone
For your Friends 2002 S2000 has vibrating on slow clutch release its probably the clutch and i will know for sure when i change it Wednesday.Now the vibrating has declared after the race i don't feel it anymore.
Probably the race did that to the clutch.
Did he race his car-Drag it?

And osu s2k When you come to Macedonia again give me a call on 070230465 Stefce and we will have coffee.And alert me in forward so i know you are coming and to know if you can bring something i will need when you come.
Also Great to hear somebody has been here.
I have been following this tread and no fix on this guys S2000.
I will see if he solves the problem.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:31 PM

Took out the clutch and the friction disc was so gone.
It was so gone that it had damdged the Flywheel and now i ordered the Fidanza one and have to change it
I have around 25000 miles on the car and the new clutch is 8.5mm the service limit is 6mm and mine was 5mm.
So..
By the way i have never started teh car just raced it max 10 times and thats from teh 20000 miles onward so i suggest everybody should change their friction discs around 20000 miles or so.
Stefce
Old 10-06-2005, 06:33 PM

Put a new clutch and the FIdanza Flywheel and the car came alive.
I would highly recoment to put this flywheel to everywhone when changing the clutch especialy for 285$ from Ultrarev.com
Yes the revs drop faster but they climb faster also and the car picks up faster in any gear and its great for normal driveing.
No problem from me just Pros.
Will race the ITR thease days and see how we compare
Stefce

Quick Reply: Can't beat a Honda Integra Type R '99