S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Crazy Field Goal Move Beating An M3 Beemer..

Old 07-16-2004, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't get boxed in and decided to cut him off...Think of a 3 lane highway... I was approaching two cars at about 80+ ... the car in my lane (non racer) ahead of me.. was leaning towards the left side of the middle lane... the other (non racer) was in the right lane leaning towards the right side closest to the shoulder... The M3 was in the left most lane slowing down to box me in ... rather than slam on the brakes and create havoc... for all the people behind me... I made the decision to split the two and proceeded to move ahead of the M3 who was still in his lane, trying to catch up to me in the middle lane... no cutting off done here...... This was between... exits 56 and 61... on the Long Island expressway... I'm posting it.. to let everyone know... that it was a very stupid move... and hopefully... the next person that tries to do something like this in the future.... hopefully you'll think twice.. three or even four times before trying something like this or equally crazy... For those of you.. who live in NY... I'm sure you've seen crazier stuff or will probably be forced or provoke.. to do crazy stuff... Just think about.. I think ICE CUBE said it best "check yourself, before you wreck yourself"
Old 07-16-2004, 05:29 PM

Ive done it and will do it again. YOU have to know what your doing and have GREAT anticipation..... I split the uprights all the time... so the ones you split get pissed and say "that guys an idiot" for sure.... but I get there first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all about timing and concentration...I raced bikes and know when you can and know when you can't... but if the holes there..... get it through!!! and go...
Old 07-16-2004, 07:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive done it and will do it again. YOU have to know what your doing and have GREAT anticipation..... I split the uprights all the time... so the ones you split get pissed and say "that guys an idiot" for sure.... but I get there first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all about timing and concentration...I raced bikes and know when you can and know when you can't... but if the holes there..... get it through!!! and go...
No, it's about following the rules of the road and not endangering other people with your stupidity.

Driving is a privilege, not a right.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by craigjcoil,Jul 16 2004, 08:29 PM
Just because you raced bikes gives your the right to split cars with a car? I ride and I lane split in heavy traffic, but I never lane split when I'm in a car. You might have perfect timing and concentration, but what about those other two regular drivers that you're splitting?

I have somebody in a CRX pulled the same move on me on the highway a while ago. I saw him coming up from behind, so I even moved to the other side of the lane just to make sure the moron doesn't sideswipe me. But some other cars that he split who didn't see him coming actually got scared and swerved a little.

If you ride bikes on the streets you should know this, you could be the best rider in the world but you can't control what those other idiots do in the cars.
Old 07-17-2004, 02:57 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=craigjcoil,Jul 16 2004, 08:29 PM]Ive done it and will do it again.
Old 07-17-2004, 03:01 AM

evolution at its finest... right there next to the Finch...
Old 07-17-2004, 06:34 AM

OMG, you split two cars on the highway doing 80+ because you had the room to do it? What were you thinking? You have to use common sense my friend. That is just plain stupid and I would never pull that shit on the highway or any public road for that matter. I know adrenaline kicks in but always try to use rationale thinking and everyone on this board will agree you were "miles" away from this when you made your decision to split those cars. Next time, let yourself get boxed-in because it's better than getting yourself or someone else "Boxed-in" if you know what I mean.
Old 07-17-2004, 08:47 AM

Thumbs down

Damn, I agree. Take that shit to the track. I ocasionally street race but only if the situation is ample.. Be careful out there...

KiD
Old 07-18-2004, 03:44 AM

Originally Posted by Hyper-X,Jul 16 2004, 11:16 AM
I did that "split the car" thing a long time ago... when I was 17, definitely not smart to do... that was the first and last time I did that.

What happened was a person in front of me threw something out of the car (on the freeway), and it shattered my windshield. He took off and I gave chase. I caught him when he got stuck on an off-ramp and issued a "false crack" where it involved making his nose touch the back of his head.

Road rage is very bad, but stupid mofos on the street are worse.
false crack medivac! now thats what i call a nice kill!
Old 07-18-2004, 08:21 AM

its buttnut moves like this that makes me want to buy a 70s beater, i.e. good ol' american tank. I see one of you losers that like to "Fieldgoal" and I swerve into you...ruining you day. Its a wonder that darwinism doesn't work more effectively.

I had an idiot on a crotch rocket do that to me yesterday. I guess he tried it again a couple of miles up and didn't make it. He's now a permanent part of the NJ turnpike.

Quick Reply: Crazy Field Goal Move Beating An M3 Beemer..