S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Encounter with an EVO8 on the freeway (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/encounter-evo8-freeway-256697/)

aroggio 12-20-2004 08:23 PM

Encounter with an EVO8 on the freeway

Whats up everybody,
Just thought that I would let everyone know about my encounter with an EVO8 yesterday, so here it is. The other day, my friend and I were on our way to the mall to pick up some christmas gifts for our friends. I spotted a silver EVO a few cars up. So I do a little evasive driving to catch up to him. I finally caught up to him, I thought this was a little stupid but his plate said SLVREVO, as if everyone didn't already know, he could've been a tad bit more creative. So I fly past him so he can hear my exhaust ( :bow: praise Invidia for making such a loud and amazing sounding exhaust system for our cars). So he flies up on my a$$ and blows off non stop, sounding like an HKS BOV. Why does everyone think that a BOV on their turboed car automatically makes them untouchable? Anyways, so I end up passing the street I needed to turn on and decide to take the freeway instead to see if he would follow, and he did of course. We take the on ramp onto 80 quite aggressively, just flying around it like we were on a race track. My friend said it looked like something out of Initial D or Best Motoring or something. We enter the freeway and he cuts across 4 lanes and just flies by me. I give chase, not before I miss shift though :banghead: , but I get going. I fly up on him at about 110mph, and get literally inches from his bumper, hoped that this would intimidate him a little bit. He changes lanes and I downshift into 3rd and fly after him. I was surprised that I was able to catch up with him. Traffic starts to free up and I downshift into 3rd and punch it again, we get it up to about 130 and I pass him pretty hard, he must of let off. We cruise for a few miles and he gets right on my a$$ again, so I downshift into 3rd again and go for it. I knew he was mashing it cause I could hear the turbo spooling hard. This is my favorite part, I am watching him in my rearview mirror and he falls back a little bit but never once gains an inch on me, I thought EVO's were supposed to be the SH*T. I shit it down at about 130-135mph. He gets next to me and gives me :thumbup: , and I give a :thumbup: in return. What is funny is that my top was down and I had my friend in the car, he was alone and all his windows were up. I end up miles and miles from where I wanted to be but it was worth it. This was the first chance that I had to race an EVO ever and I was very impressed with the performance of my S. I have an AEM V2 CAI, Invidia dual-catback exhaust, Ti2000 lowering springs, and a Cusco STB. Just a few of the normal mods, I think he only had the BOV, not sure what else. That experience left me with a huge :D on my face all day long. Like I said, I am very impressed with the performance of my S. Let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the long post, I like to be detailed.
Thanks,
Anthony

BTW, street racing is not encouraged at all but it sure is fun. Just be careful what you guys do because nobody is invincible. We wouldn't want to hear about anyone getting in a fatal accident on the board. My $0.02 for you guys.

ZeroPsi 12-20-2004 09:10 PM

Sounds like it was fun :D

stay safe bro

onesicklambo 12-20-2004 09:20 PM

nice kill, but if you would have raced him from a stop he probably would have beat you. evos suck from a roll.i'm also in the sac area, yuba city to be exact, i think i've seen you crusing on sunrise before. i have a yellow s2k on bronze te37

SIIK2NR 12-20-2004 09:21 PM

Nice!!!..........

Good write up..

riceburner503 12-20-2004 09:33 PM

Nice run man! :thumbup: Thats one crazy race :LOL:

NeO SAMuRAI 12-21-2004 06:06 AM

I like reading detailed posts about racing, nice write-up man...and good kill! Seems like the Evo driver was quite cool about it also... :D

topcat7111 12-21-2004 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by onesicklambo,Dec 20 2004, 10:20 PM
nice kill, but if you would have raced him from a stop he probably would have beat you. evos suck from a roll.

:iagree: :iagree: Evo suck ass from a roll....i have spank Evo from 40 and up and it was not even close.

S2kAllStarDrifters! 12-21-2004 08:44 AM

NO offense, but i find it hard to believe you're dusting an EVO especially with those mods alone, not to mention you're top is down and an extra passenger..EVO driver does not know how to drive,,im sorry

StepInTheMirror 12-21-2004 09:05 AM

Very nice kill!! Sounds like a lot of fun.
from what I've heard in other posts though, most people have a bit of a difficult time smoking an EVO like you did...

nonetheless, very nice!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

aroggio 12-21-2004 10:20 AM

Thanks for responses you guys, i had fun, a bit dangerous, but fun nonetheless.

onesicklambo-
I think that I have seen you too, I have the dumped S that is really, really loud. Let me know if there is ever anything going on in the Sac. area.

topcat7111 & onesicklambo-
You guys are very right. If you were to try to take an EVO from a stop, they would toast us, thanks to the AWD. As for a roll, EVO's start to lose their stamina, top-end. After all we only have 30 or some odd HP less and we are all motor, better for us. EVO's are not all they are cracked up to be I guess.

S2kAllStarDrifters!-
Read more and more about the EVO's and you will be surprised. They aren't all that. That AWD system just weighs them down when they are racing on the freeway. Also, I have seen this guy many times before and he has had his car for a very long time, so if he doesn't know how to drive it by now, he is better off trading it in and getting something with an automatic.

StepInTheMirror-
Never said I smoked him, it was extremely close the whole time. You are right though, it is very hard for an S2000 to "SMOKE" an EVO. Thanks for your response.

Thanks you guys,
Anthony