S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Encounter with an EVO8 on the freeway (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/encounter-evo8-freeway-256697/)

revhi 12-21-2004 10:38 AM

I want to race an Evo, but everytime I see one hes on the other side of the highway. :(

I want even more to be able to drive with the top down this time of year :( :(

xpander4 12-21-2004 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by aroggio,Dec 21 2004, 12:23 AM
We take the on ramp onto 80 quite aggressively, just flying around it like we were on a race track. My friend said it looked like something out of Initial D or Best Motoring or something.

he falls back a little bit but never once gains an inch on me, I thought EVO's were supposed to be the SH*T.

S2kAllStarDrifters!-
Read more and more about the EVO's and you will be surprised. They aren't all that.

this post reeks

#1 "it looked like something out of initial D" ..... come on

#2 "i though evo's were supposed to be the shit"
ok so just cause you had ONE encounter EVER with an evo on public roads...all EVO's are just NOT the shit huh? Oh and by this logic when my friend in his SRT-4 inches near my S2000 he can say "god i thought s2000s were the shit guess not because one time on one public road I inched on you in a STRAIGHTLINE race baby!"

#3 "read more and more about the evo's and you will be surprised"
since when does reading "more and more" about a car reveal it's true character? I'd wager you've never once driven an EVO or a turbo car at all for that matter(judging by how you scoffed at him blowing off which by the way is very fun and addicting in a turbo car but you wouldn't know since all you do is "read" about a car not drive it) From now on if you want to give sound advice tell people to go DRIVE a car to learn about it. Its not like dealerships just have pamphlets laying around and you read them and you buy the car. No, you take it for a test drive right?

bottom line: This post is worthless dribble, and s2000s are slower both through the curves and on the straights than an evo 8. Look you had a close run with an EVO8, leave it at that. No need to go into saying "HAH I THOUGHT THEY WERE THE SHIT, THAT GUY THOUGHT HE WAS THE SHIT FOR BLOWING OFF, GO READ ABOUT EVO'S THEIR NOT THE SHIT" ....makes you look insecure even in victory....which is really when you should be most secure. In other words, it would look alot better if you beat a car that you PRAISED then if you beat a car that you PUT DOWN. If you're putting it down and saying it's not all that....well you're just saying that the s2000 is barely capable of beating a car that's not really all that...and that's not saying much about your precious s2000 is it?

Officer_down 12-21-2004 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by SIIK2NR,Dec 20 2004, 10:21 PM
Nice!!!..........

Good write up..

Good write-up? :confused: He needed to break it up into paragraphs. ;)

Oh yea, the race sounds very dangerous, so :thumbdn: :thumbdn: down for me.

red@9k 12-22-2004 12:50 AM

Hey Anthony I think I talked to you a few months ago at a cheveron gas station on sunrise. One sick lambo is friend and I was at his last night logged in under his name. I usually go down to sunrise every weekend. We go out to white rock usually and race. Do you know lil' B with the turbo'd s2k. We should meet up a weekend and cruise.

S2000 SM 12-22-2004 04:01 AM

Sorry.... posted this a couple of months back on the UK forum in relation to a track day ... pretty definitive IMO (edited):

<<We arrived at 9:30

LilJapnBoy 12-22-2004 06:22 AM

xpander4 - :iagree: for the most part, if I raced an Evo, S2k, STI, 350Z, etc. I'd also be praising the opponent to make the race sound that much better. Just like vtec, turbos have their positives and negatives, it's about how you utilize those positives that make the difference when racing (street, autox, drag, etc.)

S2000SM - Good post however the Evo FQ-340 is a different beast than a EVO GSR USDM. We're talking about 340 hp comparative to 271/276 depending on what year. What I would give to have FQ's available in the States...

S2000 SM 12-22-2004 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by LilJapnBoy,Dec 22 2004, 03:22 PM
S2000SM - Good post however the Evo FQ-340 is a different beast than a EVO GSR USDM. We're talking about 340 hp comparative to 271/276 depending on what year. What I would give to have FQ's available in the States...

Fair play.... should get my facts straight first :)

Didn't know the FQs haven't made the States.... as you say - you're really missing out ;)

:hello:

LilJapnBoy 12-22-2004 08:14 AM

I guess we shouldn't be too greedy...at least we have the MRs now....

FQs, I guess we in the States can always dream.... :cry:

aroggio 12-22-2004 08:45 PM

First off, thank you S2000 SM and LilJapnBoy for the posts, the FQ would be nice if it was here. As for xpander4, you are just a JACKA$$!!! "It looked cool" is what my friend said since he was a witness to it all, ever heard of a metaphor smart a$$. Also, who said I was putting the EVO down, I love those cars, I just thought they were supposed to be much better than the S, hence me saying "I thought they were the S**T." Next, I was a previous manager at a Mercedes Benz dealership and have driven cars you probably have only dreamed of. I have driven every single fast Mercedes except the SLR, a Porsche 911 Turbo, a Ferrari 355 Berlinetta, a Ferrari 360 Modena, a Dodge Viper ACR coupe, a BMW Z8, M5, M3, and so many others I can't even list them. I probably have a bit more experience driving fast cars than you. Its dickheads like you who make all the negative posts towards everyone else that should be banned from posting period. Why don't you just trade in your S2000 if you think its so slow. I don't know why you have one in the first place, you talked enough s**t about it. :thumbdn: to you xpander4 for a sh**ty post. Don't talk if you don't have anything good to say. Thanks again to the rest of you for the more civilized posts, I appreciate that. BTW red@9k, i do remember talking to you on sunrise, you had the Vortech blower kit in your trunk. I don't really know that little guy with the turbo S, I have just talked with him a few times. We should get together sometimes, PM me. Sorry for another long post.
Thanks,
Anthony

aroggio 12-22-2004 08:48 PM

Oh BTW revhi, NICE RIDE!!!!! Looks good with the Volk's and that fat blower in the engine bay. I had the same dilemma with any cool car, they were always on the other side of the rode, whats up with that? Anyways, :thumbup: for a nice ride.