S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

Friday Night Showdown....

Old 07-14-2001, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Friday Night Showdown....

Fri/Sat night is Street Racing nights in Chicago. All the rides met up at Chinatown square and rolls out to a location in the middle of no-where.
I'm the first guy there and the last to leave every single week. I usually flag people, but tonite I want some actions.

First off: A mods ITR (cams, i/e/h, drop, major body works)
We lined up, 7K launch. I spun like crazy and I was spinning right in to his car. I was about 10inches from his car when my car finally hooks up. WAM! it just shot right past him. By the end, I had him around 1.5/2 cars.

Second: I was stading there, and over heard a MOFO in a black eclipse badmouthing my S. I came over to him and ask him how many lbs is he running. He didn't answer, he reply by asking me if i wanna run. Eveyrone is like OHHH! So i said *Bring it on*. Lined up, perfect launch this time, the car wasn't swerving, it just shot straight forward. I can hear his BOV right next to me, couldn't shake him off till end of 2nd. 1 car lenght when it's over. He was PIST when he got back. I asked him again how many lbs he's running. He finally reply *15*, i just smile. He ask me if I want to go again. I said *Why? I smoked you *.

The loss: Against an old body 300ZX.
Good launch, MISS 2ND, have to double clutch. He had me 1/2 car. The funny thing is, he put on his blinker before the race was ended. I was catching up to him fast in second. Oh well, a loss is a loss, you suck you loose right . The guy was so happy, he's smiling alll night long.
More to come....
Nick
Old 07-14-2001, 02:10 PM

good showing.. i'm thinkin about running an ITR tonight.. haven't raced one before.

and the eclipse guy.. i love that shit.. the guy has to go back hangin his head all night w/ his friends saying 'i thought they were slow and torqless'
Old 07-14-2001, 03:49 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by YoungS2K
[B]

The loss:
Old 07-14-2001, 03:56 PM

[B]
Second:
Old 07-18-2001, 09:00 PM

I will definately race that 300ZX again. Hopefully this week, but it looklike its going to rain.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:32 AM

Part II:
Couple of races again tonite:

First is the BEST ONE all night: The old 300zx that SMOKED me last time. As soon as he saw me, he started to talks . I told him, *it's not clean* and he goes on to talk about how better turbo to vtec. *When it's start spooling, its goes*. All these times I have to shut-up and listen to him. He want to run me again, SURE WHY NOT. It was humid last night, i was sweating. We lined up, I ram out of the hole with a PERFECT launch. It's all over, 3 CARS by the end-still pulling crazy. I got back and ask him *What turbo? All i can hear is my VTEC screaming* * He's like, I know, I can here them to*. We talked for a while, he's a very nice guy, not a sore looser. He's running 9lbs (stock 4lbs), stock motor, Saab's intercooler . Fast car, but not fast enuff.

Second: ITR(modded). nothing new.
wam bam 4 cars. This is a shut-up race. I just want to shut that fag up.

Third: 93 300zx TT (Exhaust, intake)
Perfect launch again, 1 1/2-2 cars by the end. We turned back, he didn't even stop, just kept going straight and left. Everyone is laughing at him. Oh Well.

ALL wins tonite ....
Nick
More co come......
Old 07-21-2001, 11:42 AM
S2R

Good post. Keep it coming.
Old 07-21-2001, 11:49 AM

One more thing. I was suppose to race a bike Yamaha R6(i think). I ask him to spot me 3 cars and a buzz, he agree, but chickened out at the end. I want to race a bike bad.
Old 07-21-2001, 12:17 PM

[B]
Saab's intercooler .
Old 07-21-2001, 12:18 PM

[B]One more thing.

Quick Reply: Friday Night Showdown....