S2000 Street Encounters Stories of on-the-road exploits and encounters.

The Holy Grail

Old 03-11-2007, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Holy Grail

I dont normally post encounters... But this one I had to share....

I was returning back to the land of corn (Indiana) were I reside after a one of our great UMW Thursday night get togethers.... When I experianced the holy grail of Detroit Iron... But we will get to that in a bit....

It was a cold, clear night when I left the Schaumberg "Smokey Bones" to make my way back home... I was warm. The Bluemoon and conversation had left me feeling content. As I make my way down the "Parking Lot" known around here as "The Eisenhower Expressway" I notice a nice looking Mr2 pushing thru traffic as is the norm here.. So I merge over to pace this guy as he seems to have the path down. Which worked wonders for my spirit. I detest that stretch of pavement. I make my way to the I294 south exit in what would most likely be considered warp speed to anyone from this area. 65mph... I am as amazed as you are... Believe me...

Anyways 294 here I come, cranking thru the tolls (IPASS) I blow into Indiana like "Greased Lightning".. I get near the onramp from Cline Ave onto I94 and it happened...

As I come under the overpass I see it. A mid nineties Buick Roadmaster. Modified to the enth degree. My observations reveal crumpled front and rear passenger side doors, in which it seemed that the chrome trim had been taped upon... Tastefully of course... Some Gabriel air shocks holding the ass end high and proud. And the clincher... The most insanely huge exhaust tips ive ever seen gracing the end of the misshapen dual exhaust system...

Anyways, (hold on im choking up a bit)... sorry.

Anyways, this guy proceeds to shoot across 2 lanes of traffic with flagrant disregard for life, or the health of such a fine machine.. He finally settles in after the rear suspention wallow stabilizes.. And realizes im just behind him in the center lane...

Well they say "Curiosity killed the cat". Well in this case it killed the cat, dog and any other pets this human owns... Of course I knew he was going for broke first chance he had.. I was of course ready to oblige this man in his endeavor... He sank that moon boot deep into the floor of that Buick.. This was evident by the dark smoke bellowing from the exhaust, and the sorry sound of an abused small block valvetrain knocking for mercy..
At 70 mph I dropped down into 4th gear and proceeded to lay out car lengths by the second... After shifting into 6th I settled down to a comfortable 55mph to let him catch up... So I can lay out the kudos of course... He was nowhere to be seen... There are no exits between Cline ave. and Burr st. So I fear trouble found him...

So if for some reason he stumbles across this... Id like to give that man a big for the courage to slam that pedal down in the face of sure demise...
You sir.... Are a real American Hero...
Old 03-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That was a great story!! That guy is my hero.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:51 PM

I found the holy grail of Japanese power the other night...but I on the other hand bring evidence and pix from my phone!

Old 03-11-2007, 06:00 PM

Ohh believe when I say... I wish to all high heaven I could have gotten pics of this behemoth... It was true to form.. An absolute contrast to what Buick had ever visioned for this particular platform...

A hall of fame prospect for sure... Im not positive but it looked like "Crager SS"s were the wheel of choise... A true flashback of epic proportions....
Old 03-11-2007, 06:13 PM

By the way, N/A,

Did you happen to check the rear of that Teg? Could have possibly been more camera fodder in relation to the advertisment of such large chunks of metal... Hope he can stop...
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by litespan,Mar 11 2007, 06:13 PM
By the way, N/A,

Did you happen to check the rear of that Teg? Could have possibly been more camera fodder in relation to the advertisment of such large chunks of metal... Hope he can stop...
It's still not shit compared to the mid 90's crown vic I saw rolling on 23"
s that had runny metallic doo-doo brown paint on it. (or was it red?) I dont remember, it was outlandish. Here in the south the demographics run 2 ways...large overdone trucks, and shitboxes with HUGE RIMS, massive low-quality sound systems, and black rubber balls tied to the bumper.

There are a few tasteful cars sprinkled in, but sadly not enough.

No, nothing on the back of the car I don't think, although! I do remember so far the BEST! crap I have seen festooning one such vehicle was HUGE vinyl lettering on the side which read:

"You dont know my strugga!"

No...I guess I do not, although I bet his "strugga" was most likely in part due to the banner on his windshield reading something similar, at least his strugga of keeping it between the lines.

WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS SHIT!?
Old 03-11-2007, 06:30 PM

LMAO....

Ingenuity does run strong in the "strugga"

Gary Indiana is not far from me.... Ive seen many works of art rolling down the road... Nothing like a Chrysler Concorde with an aluminum wing installed facing the rear of the car... Seen it... Enjoyed it..
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM

It was moving and my cam-phone sucks. THe rims were white (oddly black in the pic, they looked powdercoated white in person) and around 22"+. The passenger gave me the finger as I took the pic (not visible in pic sadly). "Winterfresh" was what was written on the side and it had an aftermarket exhaust...
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by N/Apower,Mar 12 2007, 01:00 AM
It was moving and my cam-phone sucks. THe rims were white (oddly black in the pic, they looked powdercoated white in person) and around 22"+. The passenger gave me the finger as I took the pic (not visible in pic sadly). "Winterfresh" was what was written on the side and it had an aftermarket exhaust...
Thats weird, the other night I saw a car similar, actually an old Caprice, which is what is in your picture I think. It was painted metallic red and had these hugh wheels on it, 26" mabey. It had the big red chewing gum logo painted on the side. I just thought it was weird that you had a run in also with a local chewing gun company rep
Old 03-12-2007, 01:01 PM

Straight from the strugga...

An excerpt from a Roadmaster forum post...

Whats goinong on all my buick friends Well just bought my 6th buick a 95 roadmaster fully loaded:-) Took it out last night sure was fun lighting up all the rice and some others too...So what should I do to it first???Then after......I have some Ideas but want to know from all of you....I want to get it at 15.0 or better....Will post some pics after all this snow passes by us here in wisconsin...

This has to make you smile....

"I went looking to see if I could find that guy.... "

Quick Reply: The Holy Grail