S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Street Encounters (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/)
-   -   Just ran a White 350 Z (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-street-encounters-34/just-ran-white-350-z-106023/)

98gt281 02-19-2003 05:32 PM

Just ran a White 350 Z

I was riding around my neiborhood after intstalling a sub I just got and was trying to get it adjusted how I wanted, well on the way, I ran into a 19-21 year old guy in a White 350 Z, at first I was at a stop sign and he just took off, I caught up and revved at him, he then hit it and I did to, we were rolling at about 25-30 and 2nd gear pulls hard in the stang from there, so i jumped him and got a car on him, but then he stopped my pull, I let off right into 3rd. He pulls up to the stop sign next to me and hit it, I was ready this time and got a car in 1st, I broke loose BAD in 2nd and he made some up, but 2nd was to strong for him too, I was about 1.5 cars ahead at 65MPH, then the bad part, the heads on the 96-98 Gt Stangs flow like SHIT, so topend is not so great, well from 65-110, he pulled back to my rear bumper, well 115 on a two lane street is fast enough for me so I shut it down, well it was a god race, and I see what you guys are talking about, the cars have very good top-end, he was able to pull back on me pretty fast, they are very quick cars, the guy was cool and I talked to him afterwards, he said he got it a few months ago and could drive fairly good, he asked if my car was SUPERCHARGED! I was like no just gears and bolt-ons, then I turned off to go home, the car was SWEET and the driver was cool, for any local SugarLand guys, this happened on Commonwealth BLVD. by Avalon.

My car is a 1998 GT 5-Speed with pullies, Timing adjuster, Filter, Headers, X-Pipe, Flows, and 4.10 gears. It has run a best of 13.8@98 at HRP, it also has a small shot of spray but has not been on the car for over 3 months do to running lean.

oshp515 02-19-2003 06:40 PM

damn dude...all those mods and you still only as fast as a stock S....love that ford crap:cool:

damcgee 02-19-2003 06:44 PM

You're a douche bag oshp515..... Why do you have to talk down to people to make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.

alexf20c 02-19-2003 06:46 PM

Originally posted by oshp515
damn dude...all those mods and you still only as fast as a stock S....love that ford crap:cool:

Cool.

koala 02-19-2003 06:50 PM

The funny thing is that if it was a white 350Z it was an automatic.

oshp515 02-19-2003 06:50 PM

Originally posted by damcgee
You're a douche bag oshp515..... Why do you have to talk down to people to make you feel good about yourself? Grow up.
i ain't talking anyone down...only making an observation off of his post... this is a forum and it's all about opinions here

98gt281 02-19-2003 06:54 PM

Well, I will not lie the heads on my car suck, not my fault, but the guy said it was a standard, and he was shifting so the car was maunuel, for sure, and to tell you the truth 13.8 will beat 99% of S2K's, not by much, but will win at the track, the S2K has more top-end though, but he said the car was stick, and I have never heard of this only auto in white, it was more of a pearl, but i don't know, it was a 6-speed for sure.

98gt281 02-19-2003 06:59 PM

Originally posted by Koala

The funny thing is if it was white it was an automatic!

Well this dealership says otherwise. Pearl White 6-Speed!

http://www.njguido.com/five_towns_nissan_f...ull_of_350z.htm

sHaObEn (=.=) 02-19-2003 08:08 PM

If I ever got a Z.. I would pick White or that nice LeMans sunset.

98gt281 02-19-2003 08:32 PM

Yea the white was real nice, had some pearl in it, real classy, it had mirror tint too, which I don't normally like, but it looked good on the car?

TeamRedlineS2k 02-20-2003 04:36 AM

mirror tint, oh man, there starting to ruin that car already

lyndon_h 02-20-2003 05:04 AM

its going to be a different story in a year when half of the Zs have aftermarket parts.

SpEeDxXxRaCeR 02-20-2003 06:56 AM

Good race, btw be careful of commonwealth, there tends to be a cop in the median with his/her lights off ready to pick you off.

350Z are IMHO quicker than a average driver in a S2K. It's a drivers race as I've seen local at our G2G a while back.

:thumbup:

F1s2000 02-20-2003 07:03 AM

:LOL:

Z06-KILLR 02-20-2003 07:56 AM

damn it osh! He started a nice thread and you already started to talk trash!!!:mad:

Z06-KILLR 02-20-2003 08:00 AM

Originally posted by 98gt281
Well, I will not lie the heads on my car suck, not my fault, but the guy said it was a standard, and he was shifting so the car was maunuel, for sure, and to tell you the truth 13.8 will beat 99% of S2K's, not by much, but will win at the track, the S2K has more top-end though, but he said the car was stick, and I have never heard of this only auto in white, it was more of a pearl, but i don't know, it was a 6-speed for sure.
Hey now! that would be 95% of all S's....:LOL: :rev: :drive:

LA-Z 02-20-2003 10:55 AM

Actually Color or model has does not determine Auto or Stick (although Base model is Stick only, and Touring comes stock with Auto). I have found that it is tough to street race a lot of cars in the Z, like E46 330's, etc. because it all depends on launch and wheel spin as most people stop at the end of Second, but if there is empty road, and i can get to 65+MPH it's usual all kills.

derryck 02-20-2003 11:08 AM

Second, but if there is empty road, and i can get to 65+MPH it's usual all kills.
No 03 Cobras out there in LA?

integrate 02-20-2003 11:43 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by derryck
[B]

sloowgt 02-20-2003 11:50 AM

Good kill.

koala 02-20-2003 12:40 PM

My apologies. In Canada, you can only do the white with the automatic. I just assumed it was the same for the US..

Sorry!

derryck 02-20-2003 12:55 PM

This is just a little taste of cars that would kill me from 0-infinity.
Don't feel bad... my Cobra is putting down over 500+RWHP and I will still have trouble with many cars around me. My neighbor has a GT2 and a Diablo SV and I have another friend with a Modena and the new Lambo on order. I won't bother trying to spell it because I'm sure I'd butcher it but I know you guys know what I'm talking about. I'm sure Alex will chime in here and spell it out for us since he apparently spends most of his day reading about cars or car forums. ;)

98gt281 02-20-2003 01:07 PM

Originally posted by damcgee
Well I just had to coment on this one, soory guys this guy is an ass-hole, well I think that it is funnt that there is NOTHING, not a supercharger, nitrous, or turbo that will make a S2000 as fast as a STOCK 03 Cobra, got to love that Ford crap!

TeamRedlineS2k 02-20-2003 03:43 PM

Well I just had to coment on this one, soory guys this guy is an ass-hole, well I think that it is funnt that there is NOTHING, not a supercharger, nitrous, or turbo that will make a S2000 as fast as a STOCK 03 Cobra, got to love that Ford crap!
shut up idiot

98gt281 02-20-2003 04:48 PM

Originally posted by TeamRedlineS2k

shut up idiot

Sucks huh? Don't get mad at me, just making the same exact remark one of your little buddies made, except what I said was true. How fast is the fastest S2000, I have seen a stock 03 Cobra go 12.42@113 at HRP?

Z06-KILLR 02-20-2003 07:28 PM

actually, a well tuned Turbo S will.....:p....12.1 @ 117+:)

grelude 02-20-2003 07:35 PM

So when osh says something like that, he's an asshole, but when you say it, it's funny...:rolleyes:

KevinS2K 02-20-2003 07:37 PM

Sucks huh? Don't get mad at me, just making the same exact remark one of your little buddies made, except what I said was true. How fast is the fastest S2000, I have seen a stock 03 Cobra go 12.42@113 at HRP?
You're 100% correct. Those "genius's" at fomoco had to do something since a 120 cubic inch 4 cylinder from Japan was faster than their "esteemed" Cobra prior to the SC version around road courses. I know you're not an (ahem) believer in MAGAZINE stats but C&D did a comparison between several roadsters around a road course and the S2000 set the fastest lap times, which wasn't surprising. I believe the other cars were an Audi TT, a Porsche Boxster (non S), and a Z3. What was real surprising was that the S2000's time was a couple of seconds faster than the the track record for the class that the Cobra's and Camaro's ran. On street tires, no less!!
Point being is that the S is not a 1/4 mile car. It is built for more than a straight line. My cousin was down visiting from Long Island w/his family over the weekend (loving the 84 degree temps and swimming in the atlantic vs. the 22" of snow they got back home!) I live near Ft. Lauderdale. He has a '98 Cobra. He used to tease me about "my little car." Now, he wants one. I think his exact words were "you've made a believer out of me." I scared the living crap out of him w/out trying. Just the speed I carried into turns, S's, cloverleafs etc. made him brace himself against the dash and say"jesus." I never even came close to how fast I've gone in the same turns. And after he drove it, he loved it even more. He couldn't believe how "tight" the whole car felt. After I opened the hood he just shook his head. And, he is not as confident he can take me in a straight line anymore (he has exhaust/header mods).
Point being is that everyone has their tastes. Mine are more refined than what a mustang ahs to offer. However, the SC Cobra is Hellafast in a straight line. No argument there, ever.
Although I must say I do enjoy "spanking" mustang gt owners. My favorite line at the next light is "I thought that thing had an EIGHT cylinder. Sorry!" The gt convertibles seem like they DO have 6 cylinders in them!
choi!:LOL:

sloowgt 02-20-2003 07:41 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by KevinS2K
[B]

You're 100% correct.

98gt281 02-20-2003 07:52 PM

Well the funny thing is, is this is a street kill forums, and you are using hte ever so famous, well I will beat you around a turn excuse, maybe you will, but this is not ans auto-x part so why even bring it up, that is stupid, and you need to look at C&D and see the Cobras lap times, they are not as bad as you think the IRS reallt handles great, and 390Hp is amazing for a stock car, for less than 500$ they can run with Vipers, if you don't like strait line racing then why the hell would you be in this section of the forums?

Z06-KILLR 02-20-2003 08:04 PM

Well the funny thing is, is this is a street kill forums, and you are using hte ever so famous, well I will beat you around a turn excuse, maybe you will, but this is not ans auto-x part so why even bring it up, that is stupid, and you need to look at C&D and see the Cobras lap times, they are not as bad as you think the IRS reallt handles great, and 390Hp is amazing for a stock car, for less than 500$ they can run with Vipers, if you don't like strait line racing then why the hell would you be in this section of the forums?
COME ON guys...just drop it. This is going to get closed again.

Anyone is free to post wherever they want. Someone is bound to say...if you don't have an S2K...what are you doing here..:) ?.....get my point?

Angel

99GT 02-20-2003 08:14 PM

Ignore oshp515 and those like him. The majority of people here are cool, the few dipsh!ts that make ignorant statements are merely the rotten apples. Don't let them spoil the barrel by responding.

Z06-KILLR 02-20-2003 08:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 99GT
[B]Ignore oshp515 and those like him.

99GT 02-20-2003 09:03 PM

:Shrug: Dunno. Where I used to work, the overwhelming opinion was that American cars are all slower than anything from Japan or Germany. Guys with 325's would ask me to race, despite having such a disadvantage it was silly. Sometimes it bothered me, and I felt like opening my mouth to set them straight. Sometimes discretion is better, but we all make mistakes.

Considering that S2000's and Mustang GT's are fairly similar in intent and performance, GT owners might think that S2000 owners share a certain mindset, i.e. cars are fun. I think the Mustang owners here generally like the S2000, even if it isn't their bag. The ones that post a few times and disappear are probably thinking all Japanese cars are slow, over-priced tin cans, and those people are as ignorant as my former co-workers.

98gt281 02-20-2003 09:19 PM

I like S2000's, they look good handle great and accelerate very good for what they are, a 4 banger that runs high 13's stock, very impressive. I just like strait line acceleration, and the best thing to have for that is really a V8?

derryck 02-21-2003 04:03 AM

there is NOTHING, not a supercharger, nitrous, or turbo that will make a S2000 as fast as a STOCK 03 Cobra, got to love that Ford crap!
Z-06 Killer already said it but yep... a well turned turbo S2000 running anything over about 8 psi should be able to beat a STOCK 03 Cobra, as long as they stay under about 120 mph or so. The Cobra is a monster on the highway and will pull on an S2000 in the higher mph range... it will continue to pull when the S2000 runs out of steam around 160 mph. Also... for those of you that think the 03 Cobra handles poorly then you haven't driven one. That's been one of my biggest pleasures in driving the 03... the surprisingly great handling. The car handles very well despite weighing close to 3700 lbs.

OSHP515,
I will be in Ohio some time this summer visiting family and will be glad to bring my video camera if you feel like running a couple times. Maybe you'll get lucky and my Ford will break. One thing though... you might want bring some binoculars or a camer with a really good zoom lens if you want to keep me in sight. I'll skip every other gear and start out in 2nd... that should be fair, right?

oshp515 02-21-2003 04:39 AM

[B]

Z06-KILLR 02-21-2003 06:10 AM

I like S2000's, they look good handle great and accelerate very good for what they are, a 4 banger that runs high 13's stock, very impressive. I just like strait line acceleration, and the best thing to have for that is really a V8?
see, now we are talking!

I have owned 3 domestic cars...89 Mustang LX convertible...90 LX with a whole bunch of stuff done....380hp and plenty of torque....I loved that car. It was white with blue stripes...I am going to have to dig some pics out!

I also had a Dakota R/T....freaking gas chugger!:eek2:

derryck 02-21-2003 06:13 AM

however, if we raced from NYC to LA, i'd probably win just cause i'd actually make it there.
If we did... boy would you be humiliated and it would be a waste of my gas. The only thing you would win on that trip would be best gas mileage and who gives a crap about that. You talk alot of smack about Fords and my guess is that a well driven 03 Cobra would just flat embarass you in any type of performance oriented comparison and that includes a road course. How many Fords have you owned LATELY? I used to talk smack on Fords too but things change and the 03 Cobra deserves respect as do many other Fords. You need to learn the difference between talking up your car and talking down others.

98gt281 02-21-2003 01:33 PM

Honestly, I have a feeling a 03 Cobra would beat an S2000 around a road coarse, the S2000, OF COURSE handles better, but I mean imagine what would happen on the straits!! All that torque and HP would be hard to beat, and the IRS is no joke, it would imprese you guys, trust me. I think it would be a good battle!

Z06-KILLR 02-21-2003 01:44 PM

Honestly, I have a feeling a 03 Cobra would beat an S2000 around a road coarse, the S2000, OF COURSE handles better, but I mean imagine what would happen on the straits!! All that torque and HP would be hard to beat, and the IRS is no joke, it would imprese you guys, trust me. I think it would be a good battle!
I agree...it all depends on the road coarse. At HPT in Topeka for example, the straight away is long enough that you can put about 15-20 car lengths on some cars....but the chicane is tight enough and there are enough short sweeps and tight ass corners for a well tuned and balanced car to catch you by the time you reach the LONG straight away again.

I remember doing a few clinics there with my Z. There was this little ol' RX7.....On the straights I would blow by it EASY! and put about 10-15 cars+ on the straight....by the time we hit the chicane I would start to see the little bastard again and by the time we would hit the tight corners he would be on my ass.....then came the straight away again....it was almost funny.

I asked him how in the hell was that possible...he said he only used the brakes in one spot and barely tapped them since his car did not have that much hp. Keep in mind this thing probably weighed about 1000 lbs and raced regularly on SCCA....but there was probably a 300 hp difference...:yikes: :drive:

98gt281 02-21-2003 01:48 PM

Yea, I guess it would all depend on the track?

alexf20c 02-21-2003 02:01 PM

[B]Don't feel bad... my Cobra is putting down over 500+RWHP and I will still have trouble with many cars around me.

alexf20c 02-21-2003 02:09 PM

however, if we raced from NYC to LA, i'd probably win just cause i'd actually make it there.

That gives me an idea: We should all have our own Little Gumball - just "us." Now that would be cool... Though I can't decide which car I would take. :thinker:

:D

alexf20c 02-21-2003 02:20 PM

Sorry bro, but it's ****ing hard to even try to understand what you're trying to say. :confused:

98gt281 02-21-2003 03:29 PM

Originally posted by alexf20c

Sorry bro, but it's ****ing hard to even try to understand what you're trying to say. :confused:

Are you the guy thtat trys to convince people he has a mimivan that pulls Vettes on the highway, how about I come ou to Spring and see this beast!:rolleyes: And what i was trying to say is wehn sombody claims to beat a S2000 in a "STREET ENCOUNTER" you guys are quick to talk about things other than strait line performance? Which is what a street encounter is, right?

kadeshpa 02-21-2003 06:11 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 98gt281
[B]Are you the guy thtat trys to convince people he has a mimivan that pulls Vettes on the highway, how about I come ou to Spring and see this beast!:rolleyes:

97Snake 02-21-2003 06:40 PM

Why cant we all just get along:LOL:

For those of you who wonder why so many Mustang people go on this board I'll give you my reasons..
1.) I like the S2000 and stumbled across this forum
2.) The majority of people on this forum are not obnoxious
3.) People usually post about topics I like to read about/ give my opinion on.

- Hope that clear up some of the "mystery"

alexf20c 02-21-2003 09:35 PM

[B]Are you the guy thtat trys to convince people he has a mimivan that pulls Vettes on the highway, how about I come ou to Spring and see this beast!:rolleyes:

98gt281 02-21-2003 11:02 PM

Give me your #, I will come out anytime, just let me know and we will meet up, I am dead serious!

alexf20c 02-22-2003 06:40 AM

You don't know what you're getting into. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm at school in College Station. Give me your # and I'll call you when I'm in town. :evil grin: Boy, oh boy, this is going to be fun. :D

sHaObEn (=.=) 02-22-2003 06:49 AM

I have $0.01US on Alex's Van. :LOL: Those high perf. tires that he's got on his Van add 200FWHP :LOL:

Z06-KILLR 02-22-2003 07:20 AM

[B]

Z06-KILLR 02-22-2003 07:22 AM

You don't know what you're getting into. :rolleyes:

BTW, I'm at school in College Station. Give me your # and I'll call you when I'm in town. :evil grin: Boy, oh boy, this is going to be fun. :D

Oh for the love of God, PLEASE get a videocamara.....:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

oshp515 02-22-2003 03:06 PM

:hello:
hello everybody....i love ford...i just bought a new cobra...boy is it great

alexf20c 02-22-2003 04:34 PM

Oh shut up. You're such a tool. :rolleyes:

Z06-KILLR 02-22-2003 05:06 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by oshp515
[B]:hello:

honda606 02-22-2003 05:13 PM

I have seen a stock 03 Cobra go 12.42@113 at HRP?
HAHAHAHHAH.

Alex, this is coming from the same guy that said SS's and WS6's put down 20-30 more RWHP than Z28's and Formula's. Don't even waste time on this guy unless you set up the race with the minivan. If that goes down I will be there for sure. :what:

alexf20c 02-22-2003 05:32 PM

Haha, if it does go down, I'll definitely make a thread about it here on s2ki - surely someone will bring a video camera? :confused: :D

AzNzmeflyby 02-22-2003 07:05 PM

lol oshp

AzNzmeflyby 02-22-2003 07:07 PM

65-110..he only pulled up to ur rear bumper?
let me see....most z's trap around 101-104 compare ur 98 at a 1/4...his car was prolly a automatic u raced

alexf20c 02-22-2003 08:41 PM

S2000s and 350Zs (Track M/T) are pretty damn close up to 120mph, at which speed the Nissan has a slight advantage.

Silvery2k2s2k 02-22-2003 10:10 PM

not for nothing but 390 hp for a stock car is amazing but remember that is blown power, take the blower off and see what you get, that also including around the turns

98gt281 02-22-2003 10:27 PM

Haha, if it does go down, I'll definitely make a thread about it here on s2ki - surely someone will bring a video camera? :confused: :D
No dipshit I said that 345 SLP option (SLP Headers, SLP Y-Pipe, SLP Cat-Back/Loudmouth, and lid and filter? Dyno 325-330, and they do, so :spam: that, and :spam: you. Now Alex just give me your #, to your dorm if possible, got any pics of any of your cars?? The Stang will be on nitrous, we will run from a dig to 110(about what I trap on nitrous) I will be on drag radials, you can run what you want, give me your # and we can set- this up.

98gt281 02-22-2003 10:29 PM

Originally posted by Silvery2k2s2k

not for nothing but 390 hp for a stock car is amazing but remember that is blown power, take the blower off and see what you get, that also including around the turns

I guess you can say the same for the Supra turbo, WRX too......NO IT CAME LIKE THAT!!!!!! Get over it, I bet you wish you had blown power too, but you don't that is your disadvantage, deal with it!

honda606 02-23-2003 01:16 AM

No dipshit I said that 345 SLP option (SLP Headers, SLP Y-Pipe, SLP Cat-Back/Loudmouth, and lid and filter? Dyno 325-330
Hey moron. You clearly don't know what you are talking about with this quote. The 345HP package from SLP DOES NOT include headers and y-pipe. You really are new aren't you? :rolleyes:

Next time you try and insult me, get the correct quote in your response. You are clearly talking to me yet you quoted Alex's response to my own. Not only are you new but your slow too. :D

Z06-KILLR 02-23-2003 07:27 AM

No dipshit I said that 345 SLP option (SLP Headers, SLP Y-Pipe, SLP Cat-Back/Loudmouth, and lid and filter? Dyno 325-330, and they do, so :spam: that, and :spam: you. Now Alex just give me your #, to your dorm if possible, got any pics of any of your cars?? The Stang will be on nitrous, we will run from a dig to 110(about what I trap on nitrous) I will be on drag radials, you can run what you want, give me your # and we can set- this up.
damn it dude...if you don't quit YET again with the insults, AGAIN, another thread is going to get closed.....:rolleyes:

derryck 02-23-2003 07:45 AM

remember that is blown power, take the blower off and see what you get, that also including around the turns
That's a BS argument... just like that magazine that said the S2000 has some ridiculous 0-60 time when you shift at 5500 RPM's or whatever it was. The car bone stock sitting on the show room floor will rip an S2000 to shreds on the quarter mile and hand it's lunch to it on most roadcourses. The 03 Cobra is bad ass... accept it and move on. I'm not a 'mustang guy'... I'm a car guy, I love cars in general. I used to bad mouth Ford and now my 03 Cobra is probably my favorite car I've ever owned and that's been alot including one bad ass S2000. There is no doubt that the S2 handles better than the 03 Cobra... is the handling desparity enough to make up for the power desparity between the two, NO IT'S NOT! I have beaten alot of fast cars in my S2000 but it sure is ALOT EASIER beating those same cars in the 03 Cobra. The same 'brand racism' that you guys like to think the domestic crowd shows toward Hondas, etc. is very prevalent here towards domestic. I'm not saying everyone... but certainly alot of you.

OSHP515,
Good choice... don't hurt yourself with all of your new found power.

Kleefton 02-23-2003 08:08 AM

[B]

SpEeDxXxRaCeR 02-23-2003 08:40 AM

[B]

jcurtis 02-23-2003 01:38 PM

I just like strait line acceleration, and the best thing to have for that is really a V8?
You mean the "straight line". That is what you like, the straight line. Right?

Russ 02-23-2003 02:10 PM

I've always liked the SVT's (owned a Contour SVT, currently own a '99 SVT Lightning) but I just could not find a comfortable seating position in the Cobra I test drove (prior to buying my Camaro SS). Knowing the aftermarket potential of that Mustang, I was disappointed to say the least. I haven't had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of an '03 but unless they've addressed that funky seating position, it'd be the same ole song and dance with the Mustang. I'd feel like I was driving it while leaning sideways. Weird but that's how I saw it. I've read others who experienced the same feeling. Helluva car though, no doubt about that.

98gt281 02-23-2003 03:06 PM

This Honda606 guy has lway tried to argue the fact that LS1 cars can't dyno 325+, I have seen hundreds of dyno sheets saying otherwise, if sombody else could just confirm this I am sure he would shut-up, maybe not not, ans when you order a car from SLP, you can request any SLP part you want, my freinds came with the Y-pipe,lid, filter and loudmouth, it dynoed 323RWHP and 338RWTQ, the only reason he did not get the headers is because he wanted to use the hookers from his old Z-28, could sombody please confirm that 01+ ss, ans or WS-6 cars can dyno over 325HP, I know sombody here knows, please end this neverending argument!

honda606 02-23-2003 04:43 PM

I'm sorry 98...no one is going to help you here because they realize I know what I'm talking about.

I just had a 2002 Z28 that I sold to get my S2000. I had all the mods and I spent just as much time on the ls1 forum as I do here now. I KNOW these cars. I already challenged you to go post your information on that forum so they could laugh at you there; but, do you go? No...you just sit here trying to convince others to believe your misinformation. Without an airlid and better filter, the only LS1 engine cars that would be putting down 325RWHP would be the TRUE FACTORY FREAKS.

Most stock put down between 300-315. With the few cheap mods like lid, filter, TB, and exhaust YES, they could be putting down 325-335 at the wheels, but not stock unless a freak. I don't care if you admit you don't know what you are talking about, just don't pretend like you do on this subject.

The strange thing is that you quote your friends numbers on his SLP car and then you say WS6 cars dyno over 325? You do know that WS6 cars don't go to SLP...right?? They are "in-house" productions and they get the same thing a stock SS gets aside from the fact that their Ram Air is truly effective. They aren't like the "GOD" of LS1 engine cars. You sound like you have been fed some rumor that WS6 cars dominate the LS1 field. Sure they LOOK dominant with those nostrils but they are just like all the others.(SS, Z28, Formula, T/A)

Im through with you...you seem hopeless. Go over to the ls1 forum and learn something.

alexf20c 02-23-2003 08:46 PM

Now Alex just give me your #, to your dorm if possible, got any pics of any of your cars?? The Stang will be on nitrous, we will run from a dig to 110(about what I trap on nitrous) I will be on drag radials, you can run what you want, give me your # and we can set- this up.

Even trapping at 110mph, all you'll be seeing is Quest taillights. And no, I'm NOT giving you my number.

But still, why kill the race at 110? Why set the ground rules to a standstill launch to 110mph? What's up with that? When we race, we race.

I'll race you from 0-110mph, but then you race me from 30-140mph.

:rolleyes:

BTW, a couple of my buddies may want to join in on the fun; mind if they ride shotgun with me?